Common mistakes...

shellsbells-x

I'm not sure if this covers just syns, but this is the place it's always hurt my sw journey :(

Ive been at it now since Jan 1st 2012 and despite going (and staying) to group, reading my book and joining this site i still keep getting tripped up by little 'surprises'

So far I've made the following mistakes (in Addition to not having enough SF on EE days and neglecting to correctly measure HEs):

Using lean instead of extra lean mince and thinking its free

Assuming turkey mince will be free because its poultry and not as bad as red meat (wtf?)x

Having 2 harvest morn cereal bars (the ones covered in chocolate!) as a heB instead of 2 of the under 70cal range (the others are 6.5 syns EACH)

Buying low fat yogurt thinking it's syn free, then seeing the 'no fat' one next it on my next visit to the supermarket... Doh!

There will be more but it's late and my memory is failing me :(

Does anyone else want to own up to making any glaringly obvious errors in judgement which could explain quite a lot in hindsight ?x

Mine would be, don't rely on ppl on here to give you the correct syns when u can use the calculator, was told on here about something being syn free and it wasn't, didn't lose weight that week because if it lol

Crikey lol your post has made me laugh a little ;) we all do it :) just check everything new you put in your mouth before even it's just a google search of 'how many syns in....
It usually directs here anyway!

Think the only thing I can think when I very first used lean lamb thinking its free? Oh and turkey! :)

I am obsessive compulsive about the extra lean mince thing, I asked my mum to get me some when she was shopping and she brought back lean mince...I nearly had a coronary then and there. In buying the extra lean mince and extra light cheese it made me realise though that it's almost understandable how we are a nation of obese people. The difference in price between the 'normal' version and the lower fat version is unbelievable....or else I'm shopping in the wrong places lol!
Think this could be a very useful thread :)

All_about_the_climb said:
I am obsessive compulsive about the extra lean mince thing, I asked my mum to get me some when she was shopping and she brought back lean mince...I nearly had a coronary then and there. In buying the extra lean mince and extra light cheese it made me realise though that it's almost understandable how we are a nation of obese people. The difference in price between the 'normal' version and the lower fat version is unbelievable....or else I'm shopping in the wrong places lol!
Think this could be a very useful thread :)

You can't get extra lean lamb, pork and something else (can't remfmber) in this country at the moment , it's not stocked in any supermarkets (it's on sw site) sw advise mincing your own or asking the the butcher :/

I didn't realise minced turkey wasn't free :cry:I don't eat red meat only chicken and turkey!! OMG what other 'syns' have I committed lol x

I'm not sure if has to be extra lean or just lean to qualify as free on EE or red! But def standard not free :(

Wondering whether I should buy my own mincing machine ?

amythyst5961 said:
Wondering whether I should buy my own mincing machine ?

Think you can get them quite 'cheapish' from lakeland :)

I didn't realise minced turkey wasn't free :cry:I don't eat red meat only chicken and turkey!! OMG what other 'syns' have I committed lol x

It's free as long as it's extra lean ie less than 5g fat per 100g:

Turkey mince, more than 5% fat, 100g raw 2
Turkey mince, extra lean breast meat, 100g raw Free

Mine would be, don't rely on ppl on here to give you the correct syns when u can use the calculator, was told on here about something being syn free and it wasn't, didn't lose weight that week because if it lol

Its unlikely you put weight on just because of a mistake on one thing, unless you were eating ten a day of whatever-it-was ;)

Its unlikely you put weight on just because of a mistake on one thing, unless you were eating ten a day of whatever-it-was ;)
;

superclaire999, if you're basing your mis-info on the Onken yoghurt post you submitted, you appear to have read some posts about it being syn free but the uproar over Onken changing their recipe was discussed weeks & weeks ago, so you must not have read the most up-2-date info.

Looks like I shall be sticking to Quorn mince then, as a recently converted meat eater, it seems legit :)

I did the yogart thing also bought super noodles instead of light ones and thought smoked mackerel was free as well and then wondered why i'd only lost 1lb lol

I bought a small one last week and used lean stewing beef to mince in it. The difference is amazing, even compared to bought extra-lean mince.

Where did you get it hun ??

Back