Common SW misconceptions put right.

2lb loss in a week is good! S W say that an average of 1 - 2 lbs a week is the norm. So congratulatins on being "normal". Its a good loss so well done!

great thread i have just shouted to my husband who is making t " put mine on the smaller square plate plz " so easy to overload your plate ......do i really need i big plate full .... not at all usually find after been half way through i have had enough but continue eating and clear my plate because thats the way i have always been x

great thread i have just shouted to my husband who is making t " put mine on the smaller square plate plz " so easy to overload your plate ......do i really need i big plate full .... not at all usually find after been half way through i have had enough but continue eating and clear my plate because thats the way i have always been x
Way to go Tuppy! I think many of us were like this - my gran (who lived with us) used to heap my plate high and then tell me to "eat up child - we can't afford to waste food and you're still a growing lass". Only problem was I didn't want to grow any WIDER.

Way to go Tuppy! I think many of us were like this - my gran (who lived with us) used to heap my plate high and then tell me to "eat up child - we can't afford to waste food and you're still a growing lass". Only problem was I didn't want to grow any WIDER.

My gran was the exact same, but now she's one of the people who keeps telling me to lose weight!

I pile my plate high with sf salad stuff and just a little bit of chicken, that way I can kid myself I've had a massive plate full so I must be stuffed!!

If new to sw please read this thread so glad I spotted this thread. Being new to sw its easy to miss some of the tips and misconceptions which have been explained pre joining sw. I found out that formed ham is not necessarily free and it should be checked, but only through chatting with someone who was sitting next to me and happened to mention it otherwise I could have missed this piece of info. Thank you for making this thread and glad it's sticky.

thanks, i'm a newbie so this is a super helpful thread :)

Contrary to popular belief ( or even what the book says ), fruit is not limitless. ( or rather shouldn't be. )

If you have 10 apples a day then that's around 800 calories.
5 medium bananas is about 500 calories.

So while it IS superfree, try to limit your intake to. 2-3 pieces of fruit a day max.

Don't eat it for the sake of eating it just because it's convenient.
Only eat it if you want it.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

We are encouraged to have a minimum of 10 Speed foods a day, I sometimes have 3 or 4 types of fruit for breakfast.
I don't agree with all these cakes made from purified chick peas etc either, consultants aren't consistent about it, is there not anything from SW themselves about it. If I want cake I have proper cake and syn it, some people are making these and eating the whole thing.

Back