Common SW misconceptions put right.

What a great thread! Have had to bookmark it as I'm only 4 pages though with all that info going around in my head lol x

Brilliant post! Just starting out on my Slimming World journey, and it good to know all these handy hints so early on :) Thank you!

First picture is a pound of fat Yes it is enormous and a pound off each week is over 3 stone in a year!! Don't knock the humble one pound off

1-lb-fat.jpg

Second picture goes with Fat/Muscle discussion showing that fat takes up more room than muscle.
fat-v-muscle.jpg

Yuk... It looks nasty.... Seeing it like that I want it of my body!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

thanks

this isnt the first time, last time this happened i went 4 months without losing so i joined group rather than doing it from home, the only thing i could say last time was i may had gone slightly over on my milk but im not even doing that now because everything not free is measured.

Im going to try fast forward for 2 days before weigh in and maybe sucess express next week but as a veggie im pretty much having mostly super frees

youve made me feel much better thank you x

Remember that using your syns (5-15 a day) also boosts your weight loss.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

ohhh the temptation.......lol!! I've bought some new kitchen scales, will have to see how big a pile 30g of grated RL is....... x
I'm often delighted at how much 30g of cheese is! It's plenty to top the foods I eat and it's MASSES when it's grated :D Mmm - I'm so having cheese on toast for lunch tomorrow.​

brill thread thankyou - 1 question though the whole mash thing - someone please clarify!!!!

I've banned myself from cheese except for the triangles. I love Red Leicester.ooooozing all over the bread!:sigh:

:sign0007:.........................LOLOL! SORRY! XX

Hang on, my consultant told me that the 1/3 superfree thing was an option. There's a board up in group that says it's better if you do the 1/3 superfree but that you don't need to if you don't want to!

I don't really like veg all that much and will really struggle if I need 1/3 superfree :(

I think you try what you think is right and see if it works for you. I would struggle to lose weight if I did not fill up with veg. The free foods are not necessarily low calorie/carb/fat so if you fill up on them it could affect your weight-loss. Free does not mean eat as much as you like. It means enough to fill you after you have had at least 1/3 plate super free.

Ive found this quite useful, thank you for posting :) x

I probably overdo it on the veg, what looks like 1/3rd in the saucepan is very often 1/2 on the plate. I always took this as a strict rule ????

Looking back now, it's been 6 weeks since I first read this thread and posted on it. I'm just waiting for my stumbling blocks to start, because I'm still in the same frame of mind now as I was then. I haven't EVER had all my syns on a daily basis, I would be eating for the sake of it. I still don't buy or have any choccy treats, if I want something sweet I have a HiFi bar. Believe me I'm no Angel, but my head for the first time is in tune with my body and both say I want to lose this excess weight I've carried round for I don't know how long. I've had so much herbal tea, I've realised I'm not having all of my HEXs.like milk allowance...so many cold drinks in this hot weather too....so much fruit that I haven't had much bread...so probably not enough fibre. I don't get hungry now, and if I want a snack, I pick a piece of fruit..and I don't obsess about what to eat each day. I plan my meals, sometimes I DO pile on a bit more free food perhaps than I should have, especially if I make a hot pot or similar, but I put the veg on the plate first and then add the free. I just don't see how I can cram anything more into me ATM..........
Reading that people lose lots of weight on red//green days...where you can have 2x HEXs..others saying they make sure they have at least 10 syns a day.....I feel as if I'm just waiting to wake up. I've got a lot of weight to lose...not just a stone....I just don't want to start the STS route! xx

Last edited:
Hang on, my consultant told me that the 1/3 superfree thing was an option. There's a board up in group that says it's better if you do the 1/3 superfree but that you don't need to if you don't want to!

I don't really like veg all that much and will really struggle if I need 1/3 superfree :(

In the food optimising book given to us when we first start there is a page headed FOOD OPTIMISING. pg 52
Why Include 1/3rd Plate of Superfree Foods?

Including a 1/3rd of superfree food at mealtimes - where is makes sense - will ensure weight loss stays fast effective and motivating. Etc etc.

Have a read you may find that it helps

It also says on Red and Green include 1/3rd superfree where you can.

Interesting I thought,

Last edited:
Back