Complete Newbie! Any tips, idea's etc

Wow thanks for all of you posting on here!

Finding it real tough today. My foster kid is cooking and i can smell it so im going for a walk in a minute, but its pretty tough, i wanna cry lol!

Il take all your tips on bored and give it all a go!

Thanks again

Sarah, good luck to you and your sister.

If you stick to this 100% you could lose that 3 stone by your holiday! I started at over 18 stone and found the loss bigger at the start.

As others have said, take it one day at a time in the first week or 2. It does get easier, honestly, I'm on my 19th week and I find it a breeze! I cook and bake with my 3 children and do the weekly shop with no problems. I do find myself tempted by fresh salad and salmon and prawns but that is such an improvement on the cr*p I used to shovel in my mouth!

You tastebuds will change so it is always worth going back to the flavours you didn't like later on. I started on just strawberry then introduced flapjacks (not the tastiest but I like them and enjoy being able to chew occasionally, many don't like them!) About 6 weeks ago I tried a vanilla shake with coffee as a cold latte and loved it! Now I have one every morning. 3 weeks ago I tried the chocolate and liked late so I alternate between strawberry and chocolate for tea. I hated the soup in my first week and haven't yet had the courage to try it again but may do as the weather gets colder. My problem, I think, was it was always too lumpy and salty!

Try the chocolate made with mint tea for a choc mint shake, I haven't tried it but others say it is yummy.

Try adding different amounts of water till you find an amount that suits you. I make my shakes with 400mls of water and fine them lovely - I prefer the strawberry one to those in MacD's!!!!

Good luck and hang in there! You WILL make your target!

x

hey sarah, im orla,also 25.this is my 6th day onLT and this forum is gr8 for support and is a gr8 place to come when u feel down,gud luck!!

it's also totally normal to feel compleatly like poo for the next 4 days but once your in ketosis it gets soooo much easier

Awesome thanks soooo much you guys!

I'l defiantly try the mint tea idea, i miss my tea and coffee but not loving the idea of having it black!

Thanks again this forum is brilliant!

Hi everyone!! On my 7th day of Lipotrim!! Weigh in later today! Any tips on how to kill the bad breathe that comes along with ketosis?

Trying to keep a reasonable distance from everyone in work haha!! :D

Listerine Strips - available on eBay

And also drink extra water as this helps with the breath too

Thanks Rainbow Brite... Think they sell them in the pharmacy I attend for the weigh ins.. Didn't think you could use them on lipotrim! :D

Maybe it is the water! Im not drinking as much before the weigh in as Im afraid it'll add more on the scales! :eek:

I never drink before my WI, but do take a bottle in the car with me so I can have a big old slurp when I can out of the chemist. Very dry mouth otherwise! :eek: And yeah, Listerine Strips are fine :)

Lol Gemma, I'm the same, nothing before WI then drink 1/2L on the walk home!!!!!

Petal, you can also use Listerine mouth wash but as long as you drink plenty of water you should be fine. Good luck.

x

Aaw! I thought I was going to get giving out to for admitting that about the water! :eek:

On another note, you do REALLY feel the hunger pangs when you're not drinking it! :(

Hey all! Felt like quitting today so i borrowed my mums scales and i have lost 4lbs and im only on full day 2! Pretty pleased but still the not eating is driving me nuts!
Also took chicken soups back and swapped for chocolate! Couldnt stand them unfortunatly

Glad they swapped them for you hun. As for the not eating thing, unfortunately you're just going to have to get used to it. Not really a fluffier way to say it than that. Keep yourself busy and when you feel like you're about to crack try on something that used to fit you but doesn't any more x

Yeah i think in a week or so im going to buy a really nice top i want to wear for my holiday or some trousers, bit of a goal. i think today sucked cos im only just now having my lunch! Been out and forgot to take a shake with me lol
Live and learn i guess

Always make sure you have spares tucked away everywhere. I've got them in my car, in my handbag, at my grandmother's and at my mum's lol

Good to hear you're feeling better then babe x

Of course it does, silly! :p Like I've said before, if it didn't honestly get easier how do you think us lot would possibly still be on it? It becomes your way of life hun and you get a detachment from food. It takes a while, for the first couple of weeks I didn't want to be around food and wanted to chew on something just for the taste but if you persevere it does get much much easier.

Back