Completed Cambridge Diet Once, Restarting for Sometime!!

fab news on reaching goal!!!! well done !!

thanks alot lily, becky and michele...
becky...thanks for the plan..this cambridge diet book that I hear about can be found online somewhere?
Actually I am done with the refeeding, continuing the walks and controlled diet as mentioned though not limiting the type of food i eat..going for a short holiday so skipping all that.
My weight is fluctuating between 72.9 - 74.5. Actually for 22.5BMI, my weight should be 71.5, but I am happy with 23BMI as of now and am not really planning to reduce further,hoping to maintain for life!
Regarding checking the scales throughout the day, lily-becky..I have reduced that now,or atleast getting effected by it, but once I am back, I am going to be on a routine - most probably as mentioned earlier..and check my weight once a week before weekends :D
thanks alot
will stay in touch! :)

I think Becky1983 might have missed the bit where you said you were in Dubai... :D

The steps - 810, 1000, 1200 etc really only apply to the UK version. Similarly, CDC support won't be the same for you as it is for us folks in the UK.

Anyway... :)

Glad it's still going well and that you're weaning yourself out of the habit of weighing yourself all the time! :clap:

Sorry for reading your posts this late lily & becky, thanks once again!

I'm back with a concern. On my 20 day holiday, I did eat alot of oily food but luckily when I got back, weighed myself on the same machine to find myself hardy 300-500gms heavier, nothing to sweat about.

I continued to eat in my old ways, slipping two to three-hourly walks in the week from time to time and my weight reached 76kgs. However just two weeks back after a weekend, I check my weight and its 78kgs! I control my diet a bit and two days later its 79.8kgs!! I gained 4 kgs in 4 days and my new size clothes felt tight!! :(
Assuming its water retention, I waited for another 4 days and my weight fluctuated between 78-79kgs and I decided to rejoin the diet for a week or two to bring it down to 72-73!!

I'm actually sad seeing so much weight difference so fast..again! All I can understand is that during my holidays, I slept peacefully 8-9hrs, maybe that kept my metabolism active to keep the oily food off, cuz normal work routine, including weekends I hardly get time for 6hrs of sleep, with a feeling of fatigue all the time!

I want to stay on or very close to the weight I end up with after completion of CD, but I'm unable to make good food choices, mainly breakfast and lunch (as my job requires being on the road the entire day). Dinner I can replace to Tuna salad or something...suggestion/advice on that plus the above situation would be really helpful.

Last edited:
Don't really know what to suggest - this is all ahead of me - but the simple mathematics of if you eat more calories than you burn you will put on weight would make me suggest to relook at what you are actually eating - check portion sizes, hidden fats/calories and see whats lurking. Also look at the types of food you are eating and follow the advice of the 810 - stick to green and white vegetables limit the carbs VERY strictly and white meat or fish. If you do that 80%+ of the time you should be safe

I notice you say you are not making good food choices for breakfast and lunch why not consider replacing one or both of those with a shake/bar/tetra and having a bigger "normal" dinner. I know I don't care oif I have to have one or 2 shakes a day for a long time to control my weight - for me it will be a much better option that gaining....again!

Hey,

Thanks for the reply Setas!...I actually feel the same way bout CD, to continue for life with 2 packs and having a normal dinner, but its just not feasible in a long term...just did 2 weeks and I'm back to 74kgs...yoyo'in big time!!
As my work revolves being on the road most of the time, my breakfast and lunch is any diner/fast food chain on the way...which messes things up
I tried going through alot of websites on tracking calories, but tracking calories on random cafe/diner meals is quite difficult.
Once off the diet, I have stuffy uncontrolled weekends with my family and I can't keep pushing them that I can't eat this or that for sentimental values. What diet to you suggest after a weekend? I mean I've read somewhere that you should learn how to balance your diet, as in if you have heavy meal for lunch, you balance it with a very light dinner and next day breakfast...any ideas/suggestions on what these balance dinners should be?

I wish I could boost my metabolism fast enough to get back to what I was before, hog and not gain, cuz its hard keeping track of calories!:(
thanks alot

P.S. Anonslimmer - all the best for your goal!

thats a tough one. Goreygirl put up a great link the other day to portion size v portion serving. I'll go see if I can find it and link back here if I can.

here we go - it makes some interesting reading - I liked the food pyramid bit as well

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/portion-control/NU00267.

thanks so much Setas!

The funny thing is no one told me that losing the weight is the easy part and maintaining it is the hard part before I started the diet! :)

I'm just hoping I stay at my current - 73.6-74.5 range and don't have to return to the diet again...

Din't get a chance to read the entire article, but looks really interesting..
thanks alot!

Cambridge Diet is very different in the USA too.

Different formulation, different flavours, different packaging.

They are in no way affiliated with the UK Cambridge Weight Plan, surprisingly lol.

Good luck leo!

Hey
There is a new development,its been two weeks since I stopped ss,dint do refeeding this time,my weight is pretty stable at 74.5 to 75 kgs,but this week I've had crazy hunger pangs in through evening that dint go even after stuffing myself,its been ages since I felt hungr this way,previously I wud never feel hungry but wud be unable to stop eating once I start n caused my initial weight gain,but now I'm hungry at night time. I'm having 2 egg whites for breakfast,light tuna salad for lunch n starting 6 pm onwards crazy dinner with rice n ice cream n everything I can get my hands on. I don't snack during the day...help!

Thanks

Back