Concerned about Wetherspoons

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by Mel20, 31 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Mel20

Mel20 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    I'm working on a theatre production at the moment as Wardrobe Manager so i've been pretty busy and finding it hard to cook when i'm getting home past 8-9pm every night..
    Across the road from the theatre is a Wetherspoons
    and last Wednesday we all decided to go there for something to eat during our break.

I had a jacket potato with beans and a steak.. I thought i was being good but after reading certain things on here, i'm really quite worried?
    What's the truth about the steaks? Did i make a huge mistake? If i have, i know never to go near them again! But worried i've messed my diet up now! :( Argh!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mel20

Mel20 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.85%)
    Diet:
    Oh dear :(
    Ok, thanks for the info! I had a look on the website and searched for wetherspoons but couldn't find anything!!

I will have the 5 bean chilli then in future visits!!

Thanks x

4. Mel20

Mel20 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.85%)
    Diet:
    Ah yes, found it! Thanks! That's scary how many syns are in the steaks!! I will avoid them like the plague from now on!! x

5. Mel20

Mel20 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.85%)
    Diet:
    Ah i know, i thought it was healthy! It's taught me a lesson now though! As i keep getting told at my group, check the syns before you eat if your not sure!

Thanks for your help xx

6. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Actually if you look at the nutritional information on wetherspoons website for a jacket potato with beans (no butter and no salad dressing) it is only 1.9g of total fat and 514 calories, which is right for a large size baked potato and beans.

The 13g of fat one, is including butter and salad dressing.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.