Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Concerned about Wetherspoons

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by Mel20, 31 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Mel20

Mel20 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    I'm working on a theatre production at the moment as Wardrobe Manager so i've been pretty busy and finding it hard to cook when i'm getting home past 8-9pm every night..
    Across the road from the theatre is a Wetherspoons
    and last Wednesday we all decided to go there for something to eat during our break.

I had a jacket potato with beans and a steak.. I thought i was being good but after reading certain things on here, i'm really quite worried?
    What's the truth about the steaks? Did i make a huge mistake? If i have, i know never to go near them again! But worried i've messed my diet up now! :( Argh!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mel20

Mel20 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.85%)
    Diet:
    Oh dear :(
    Ok, thanks for the info! I had a look on the website and searched for wetherspoons but couldn't find anything!!

I will have the 5 bean chilli then in future visits!!

Thanks x

4. Mel20

Mel20 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.85%)
    Diet:
    Ah yes, found it! Thanks! That's scary how many syns are in the steaks!! I will avoid them like the plague from now on!! x

5. Mel20

Mel20 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.85%)
    Diet:
    Ah i know, i thought it was healthy! It's taught me a lesson now though! As i keep getting told at my group, check the syns before you eat if your not sure!

Thanks for your help xx

6. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Actually if you look at the nutritional information on wetherspoons website for a jacket potato with beans (no butter and no salad dressing) it is only 1.9g of total fat and 514 calories, which is right for a large size baked potato and beans.

The 13g of fat one, is including butter and salad dressing.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.