Confessions of a Ditherer

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by Auburn, 11 December 2010 Social URL.

1. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Morning :)

So I'm one of those people - You mention it, I have probably tried it. I struggle to stick to a plan, I have lost weight successfully in the past by calorie counting, by following Slimming World, Weightwatchers, and using meal-replacement shakes.

I have spent the best part of 2010 flitting between the first three of those. Meal Replacement just doesn't fit in with my life, so I discounted this.
    In the end, I have stupidly not stuck to any plan, any healthy eating scheme, and subsequently repeatedly lost and gained the same stone throughout 2010. So for the past year, I have stayed the same.

I have [strike]a problem[/strike] an issue with comfort eating, overeating. Boredom.

I don't get it! Why is motivation so hard to grasp? Why do I keep dithering between plans, I should just pick one and stick with it. I think I might have a "grass is always greener" approach - No matter what plan I am on, I think that I would be losing better on another one.

So.... scrap 2010 - 2011, now that will be my year.... :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    You are not the only one!

Sounds like we both have gone through similar weight loss journeys this year.

I have come full circle and now I am back to doing a meal replacement diet but this time I am not doing total food replacement as I don't want to be in ketosis so instead I am having two to three packs with an evening meal and I am feeling comfortable with this and taking it one day at a time.

My motivation was on holidays but it kicked in big time when I went out shopping last month for a winter coat and was depressed about the lack of choice as everything I liked was available three sizes smaller.:sigh:

So instead of focusing on all the weight I have to lose and that I must lose it all now which is overwhelming to think about...I said to myself... just get down three sizes which is very doable.

Auburn likes this.
  4. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    It is depressing the clothes shopping. Especially if you are in a good mood to start with and the clothes manufacturers have other ideas...!

This time next year, I am determined to be a different situation. Good to break it down into chunks, yes, very good idea.

One size at a time.
    :)

x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.