Confessions of a Ditherer

Auburn

x x x
Morning :)

So I'm one of those people - You mention it, I have probably tried it. I struggle to stick to a plan, I have lost weight successfully in the past by calorie counting, by following Slimming World, Weightwatchers, and using meal-replacement shakes.

I have spent the best part of 2010 flitting between the first three of those. Meal Replacement just doesn't fit in with my life, so I discounted this.
In the end, I have stupidly not stuck to any plan, any healthy eating scheme, and subsequently repeatedly lost and gained the same stone throughout 2010. So for the past year, I have stayed the same.

I have [strike]a problem[/strike] an issue with comfort eating, overeating. Boredom.

I don't get it! Why is motivation so hard to grasp? Why do I keep dithering between plans, I should just pick one and stick with it. I think I might have a "grass is always greener" approach - No matter what plan I am on, I think that I would be losing better on another one.

So.... scrap 2010 - 2011, now that will be my year.... :eek:

You are not the only one!

Sounds like we both have gone through similar weight loss journeys this year.

I have come full circle and now I am back to doing a meal replacement diet but this time I am not doing total food replacement as I don't want to be in ketosis so instead I am having two to three packs with an evening meal and I am feeling comfortable with this and taking it one day at a time.

My motivation was on holidays but it kicked in big time when I went out shopping last month for a winter coat and was depressed about the lack of choice as everything I liked was available three sizes smaller.:sigh:

So instead of focusing on all the weight I have to lose and that I must lose it all now which is overwhelming to think about...I said to myself... just get down three sizes which is very doable.

It is depressing the clothes shopping. Especially if you are in a good mood to start with and the clothes manufacturers have other ideas...!

This time next year, I am determined to be a different situation. Good to break it down into chunks, yes, very good idea.

One size at a time.
:)

x

Back