Confessions of an Indecisive Dieter

Calorie counting is something I've never really done. Starting with most recently, I've been on; Exante, Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Atkins, Slim Fast and my own VLCD. Before starting Exante on July 15th I was binge eating/drinking for about 12 months :eek:. I went from 178 lbs to 220 lbs during that time and I've never felt more uncomfortable. Before that I got down to 133 but due to a huge change in lifestyle I gained it all back and more. While on Exante I lost 12 lbs in 12 days, but was unable to continue with it due to the side effects I experienced - maybe I'm just a wimp, who knows!

I thought about maybe doing The Alternate Day Diet. Just this weekend I've gone from deciding to do JUDD, to Intermittent Fasting, to Fast-5 - whilst reading up on all of it I felt as though I'd be almost punishing myself. Starving myself for day's at a time or going on a complete meal replacement diet is not going to deal with my problems long-term. I have depression and I'm a comfort/binge eater and drinker. At some point I'd have to come back to conventional food, right? So I may as well begin now by taking the slower road and dealing with my food addiction head on.

I've had three bottles of wine this weekend, small pizza, chocolate and a 3 course meal on friday. I'm not happy about it but I had nowhere near what I usually would. 1-2 bottles of wine per week will be part of my plan. I've signed up to MyFitnessPal on my iphone and I think it will be a huge help!

Even though I only did Exante for 12-13 days, I have a whole new appreciation for healthy food (I didn't enjoy the junk above half as much as I usually would). I'm sure I'll fall off the wagon a couple of times - I'm far from perfect but I've decided to deal with it. I need to add exercise, even if it's just a walk for now.

I've gone up 5lbs since I came off Exante - which is not surprising at all! So now it's time to knuckle down and stick to plan.

As of 17th January 2012 = back on Cambridge

Last edited:

Breakfast
wholemeal toast x2 , mushrooms, flora light (244)

Lunch
Small baked potato, small portion prawns, seafood sauce, lettuce, toms, cucumber, carrot, flora light (388)

Dinner
[STRIKE]Not had any yet! Planning on chicken breast & veggies (172)[/STRIKE]

chicken, crackerbread x2, low fat soft cheese (186)

Snacks
Banana, 2 cracker bread, beetroot, extra light garlic & herbs soft cheese semi skimmed milk in one tea (196)

Total:1014

I'll probably stick to similar main ingredients, so my food diary will be pretty boring I'm afraid :p
As for exercise - I'll be setting up the wii fit tomorrow - better than nothing at this point!​

Last edited:
Welcome aboard and I wish you the best of luck!! Your plan sounds really sensible and importantly.....manageable!! I'm sure you'll be able to do this!!
Can I also say? High five for being so open and honest! It takes some cojones to be that honest with yourself :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck... I'm sure you'll do great :)

Well done for being so honest. I know exactly what you mean as I've been indecisive too. I always want the fastest loss possible but have had to give myself a reality check and go for the long term instead so here I am :D

Welcome aboard and I wish you the best of luck!! Your plan sounds really sensible and importantly.....manageable!! I'm sure you'll be able to do this!!
Can I also say? High five for being so open and honest! It takes some cojones to be that honest with yourself :)

Thanks Legomom - sometimes I think I might be too honest on here! But if I can't be honest on an anonymous forum where else, right? :p

Good Luck pencils! I cant keep up with your plans lol, but whatever works ((hugs)) Can you remember what you did last time? xxx

I've moved my diary to the gold section incase you think i deleted it, get your post count up to 1500!

Lol :D. Yeah I'm a bit all over the place atm but I'm trying to focus on the fact that I've not really given up. This is the first time in 12 months that I've really tried to find a plan that works for me :) Last time I lost the weight all I did was cut down on portions - I didn't count anything but I was aware of certain things being higer, so I'd have a smaller amount. I also had a really active job and went for hikes at the weekend. That's what I've done every single time I've lost weight in the past.

1500!? Haha that might take me a good few months :p I like the idea of having a more private section for diaries though. Hope you're doing well? xx

Good luck... I'm sure you'll do great :)

Thank you! :)

Well done for being so honest. I know exactly what you mean as I've been indecisive too. I always want the fastest loss possible but have had to give myself a reality check and go for the long term instead so here I am :D

Thats exatly the way I think when I first start trying to diet. "If I'm going to do this I want fast results" I know the vlcds work so I'm not slating them - I just don't think they would have worked for me long-term. I was so up and down mentally, but I guess thats fairly normal for me lol. Glad you've decided to give yourself a reality check too :)

Mondays Food

Lunch
wholemeal bread x2, flora light, half a banana (286)

Dinner
2 small salmon fillets with low fat soft cheese, baked potato, flora light, salad, prawns, seafood sauce, egg white (926) :eek: :eek:

Snacks
tea with milk, 3 slices chicken roll (81)

Total:1293

I need to start going on walks - I only live 2 minutes away from the beaches, but I just hate all of my clothes! I hate people seeing how fat and frumpy I've become. There's not one thing I like about myself any more :/ I used to think I had a decent face, but it's just suffocating in fat right now - I don't recognise myself.

Okay that's enough of the self-pity party :p I've gone back down 3lbs I thought it'd take longer tbh. If I could get another 2lbs off by friday (doubtful) I'll be the same as I was after Exante.

You're doing great. Yesterdays lunch sounds absolutley scrummy. :)

You never know with CC......there's a good chance you could lose 2lb by then :) maybe a bracing stroll on the beach at twilight to burn a few extra cals???? I'd soooooooo love to live by a beach :(

So jealous that you live near the beach. I was born by the sea, and all my family still live down there. I miss it so much. Get down there at night time, it's certainly warm enough and no one will bother you. :)

Good luck... i have just installed myfitnesspal on my phone too, even though i'm doing SW i'm gonna see if it helps me choose the fresh food rather than as many processed. yesterday i had 1 calorie left lol !

just got stuck in a rut lately so need a push in some direction

we'll see how we get on.

keep us up to date and i will too. mondays my weigh in

Hi good luck on ur weight loss journey.

You're doing great. Yesterdays lunch sounds absolutley scrummy. :)

:D I should probably start having breakfast but this is working well for me atm.

You never know with CC......there's a good chance you could lose 2lb by then :) maybe a bracing stroll on the beach at twilight to burn a few extra cals???? I'd soooooooo love to live by a beach :(

Maybe! The scale went down yesterday so I might just make it :p. I was thinking about going to the beach a bit later. It's SO busy here right now though. It's great having so much scenery so close but I take it for granted..

:flirt2:Doing fab :clap: xxxx
I'm having big teas like that, it's something to look forward to everyday and all counted for x

It really fills you up! Defo the way forward :D

So jealous that you live near the beach. I was born by the sea, and all my family still live down there. I miss it so much. Get down there at night time, it's certainly warm enough and no one will bother you. :)

I can imagine how much you'd miss it if you've moved away! I live right in a busy town though, so the closest beach usually has a load of drunks all over it in the summer months (I could always go to the beaches out of town though) No excuses anymore :p need to get down there lol.

Good luck... i have just installed myfitnesspal on my phone too, even though i'm doing SW i'm gonna see if it helps me choose the fresh food rather than as many processed. yesterday i had 1 calorie left lol !

just got stuck in a rut lately so need a push in some direction

we'll see how we get on.

keep us up to date and i will too. mondays my weigh in

Thats a good idea doing it with SW - I was always paranoid I'd have too many calories on that diet. It's a good plan though. Really handy having that app on my phone! Good luck for mondays weigh-in! I'm sure you'll do great.

Hows it going hun? xxxx

Not too bad thanks - I've been craving wine and a take away but my OH has talked me out of it a few times :D. How are you doing? Can't check your diary to find out anymore lol.. xx

Tuesday

Lunch
wholemeal bread x3, flora light, half a banana (384)

Dinner
salmon, baked potato, low fat cheese, salad, seafood sauce (585)

Total:969

Wednesday

Lunch
small wholemeal bread x4, flora light, half a banana (322)

Dinner
steak, baked potato, cheese, flora light, lots of veg (544)

Snacks
tea with milk, skinny cappachino (67)

Total:933

Thursday

Lunch
Chicken caesar wrap (480)

Dinner
gammon steak, fried egg, baked potato, flora light, garden peas (471)

Snacks
tea with milk (15)

Total:966

Last edited:
I couldn't weigh myself today but yesterday the scales said another 1 lb down. My sister came around earlier with her new dog! SO cute, but I'm more of a cat person - I had to put mine in another room. I've not seen her for 2-3 weeks because her friends been visiting (I didn't want to see her friend again because of my weight gain) anyway, she said "Oh my god, you look like you've lost loads of weight" yay :D It was probably partly to do with the black maxi dress, but it made my day :D:D:D

Offical weigh-in tomorrow.

Stayed the same :/ 14 stone 13lbs I was sure I'd go down another lb because I feel lighter. Oh well! I would normally be pleased with 4 lbs in 4-5 days! I must be disappointed because I got down to 14 stone 12 on Exante? Would be great if I could lose another 4 next week :rolleyes:

Back