Confidence Wiggle!

sugar_lipswales

Silver Member
I have to say something that happened earlier today has put a little wiggle into my step lol!
I was reaching the last few hours of my night shift, my uniform is so unflattering and manky looking btw, when a guy who'd been in twice already asked me if I had a mobile. I said yes a bit bemused but then he asked if he could have my number!!! Me!?! With my hair scraped back showing my huge forehead, a spot on my cheek and my eyebrows bushy and unplucked? Apparently so!
This is the second time in the last few months that I've had random guys asking for my number so the only thing I can think is happening is I'm putting off a confident vibe these days.
Once I'd gotten over my shock I said why don't you give me your number instead, I'm not sure if I'll use it or even when I should. I'm so out of date with dating rules and etiquette!

Once I'd gotten over my shock I said why don't you give me your number instead, I'm not sure if I'll use it or even when I should. I'm so out of date with dating rules and etiquette!

Not that i'm any sort of expert, but deffinatly the right move here.

- Also, i think you should call him hon ;)

Theres nothing more comforting than being with someone who loves you no matter how you look. The one thing that makes me confident in my relationship is that my OH was with me before sw.. at my heaviest, and through the one of the worst years, and he's still here, loving me as much as he did then.. think about ringing him, yeah?

Enjoy that confidence and let it grow.. you look fab, you should feel it too.. xxxx

go for it girl :D your milkshake is bringing the boys to the yard!

*giggles* :D

That's fantastic!!! The only time a random guy has asked for my number was when I first started volunteering at the vets earlier this year....but he was far too old for me and rather creepy :rolleyes: Can I have yours?! :p

Oooo - you should ring him if you liked the look of him, NOT just because he asked for your number (although obviously that is fairly useful!!)
No point taking it further if you didn't like the look of the bloke is there!

Awww - can you imagine him standing outside willing himself to go back inside and be brave enough to ask for your number though?! Bless.

Thats my girl - leave it a little while cause you are a busy popular girl who has lots to do and lots of people to do it with.

I am sure this is because you are shining with confidence in the new you.

Keep us posted!

I think that's a great attitude sugar lipswales!! There's no hurry! If he's really keen he'll still be showing an interest while you make your mind up and keep your options open! Congratulations on your amazing weight loss so far!! Must be lovely to have the end in sight having lost over 2/3 of what you wanted to lose!! Has it been hard or have you kept motivated and enjoyed it the whole time? It's nice to have inspiration from people like yourself for whom the results are showing big time for all the work you've put in!! It's really fab when you get compliments (and propositions!!)! It's probably a combination of looking fab (probably better than you think you look!) and a new found confidence that you're conveying!! From a fellow South Walian (Swansea)XXX

It has been hard, there's so much temptation but from day one I've always motivated myself by saying to myself ' No one wants an obese girlfriend!' That might sound hard on myself but I work better that way and lately I've actually not been bothered about men lol. I will text him later on but I'm secretly shaking in my boots, what if I'm boring (I have turned into a diet bore lately too), what if he doesn't like my saggy boobs, wrinkly stomach or my bingo wings? Yes I'm aware these might not be as bad as I think they are but getting that into my head is a different matter.

I will text him later on but I'm secretly shaking in my boots, what if I'm boring (I have turned into a diet bore lately too), what if he doesn't like my saggy boobs, wrinkly stomach or my bingo wings? Yes I'm aware these might not be as bad as I think they are but getting that into my head is a different matter.

- Then he's a complete and utter cock who doesnt deserve you.... but untill then we'l give him the benifit of the doubt that he's a really nice bloke... ( and hopefully not boring himself LOL) xxxxxxx

Well readers I did txt him and an hour long conversation and loads of txts later I thought Hey this isn't so scary! It's now 24 hours later and I haven't heard anything from him since I cancelled our coffee today, I was on nights last night and after an 11 hr shift needed some sleep. He must be annoyed because he tried to get me to go over his house after work and I was having none of it. Ah well, if he's a nice guy he'll get in touch again.

Back