Confidence Wiggle!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by sugar_lipswales, 14 December 2009 Social URL.

1. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have to say something that happened earlier today has put a little wiggle into my step lol!
    I was reaching the last few hours of my night shift, my uniform is so unflattering and manky looking btw, when a guy who'd been in twice already asked me if I had a mobile. I said yes a bit bemused but then he asked if he could have my number!!! Me!?! With my hair scraped back showing my huge forehead, a spot on my cheek and my eyebrows bushy and unplucked? Apparently so!
    This is the second time in the last few months that I've had random guys asking for my number so the only thing I can think is happening is I'm putting off a confident vibe these days.
    Once I'd gotten over my shock I said why don't you give me your number instead, I'm not sure if I'll use it or even when I should. I'm so out of date with dating rules and etiquette!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Nikkiwales

Nikkiwales Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1.5lb(0.96%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thats lovely, you probably are giving off positive vibes if your feeling good in yourself and if you liked the look of him, why not give him a call

4. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW

Not that i'm any sort of expert, but deffinatly the right move here.

- Also, i think you should call him hon ;)

Theres nothing more comforting than being with someone who loves you no matter how you look. The one thing that makes me confident in my relationship is that my OH was with me before sw.. at my heaviest, and through the one of the worst years, and he's still here, loving me as much as he did then.. think about ringing him, yeah?

Enjoy that confidence and let it grow.. you look fab, you should feel it too.. xxxx

5. *Cherry On Top*

*Cherry On Top* Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    go for it girl :D your milkshake is bringing the boys to the yard!

6. cheekychinchilla

cheekychinchilla Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    *giggles* :D

That's fantastic!!! The only time a random guy has asked for my number was when I first started volunteering at the vets earlier this year....but he was far too old for me and rather creepy :rolleyes: Can I have yours?! :p

7. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oooo - you should ring him if you liked the look of him, NOT just because he asked for your number (although obviously that is fairly useful!!)
    No point taking it further if you didn't like the look of the bloke is there!

Awww - can you imagine him standing outside willing himself to go back inside and be brave enough to ask for your number though?! Bless.

8. sugar_lipswales

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I might do but obviously leave it a day or 2 first lol

9. JoJosing

JoJosing Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(30.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thats my girl - leave it a little while cause you are a busy popular girl who has lots to do and lots of people to do it with.

I am sure this is because you are shining with confidence in the new you.

Keep us posted!

10. JestersTear

JestersTear Cute, but psycho!

Diet:
    Slimming World

Why?

Don't game play...if you liked him, ring him...

11. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

Completely agree - if you're going to contact him, do it!

12. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

haha thats what I would do keep 'em mean keep them keen but then again honest is the best key :)

13. sugar_lipswales

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's not game playing, it's setting the standard. I've been too keen in the past and as a result had them back off. What's the rush?

14. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think that's a great attitude sugar lipswales!! There's no hurry! If he's really keen he'll still be showing an interest while you make your mind up and keep your options open! Congratulations on your amazing weight loss so far!! Must be lovely to have the end in sight having lost over 2/3 of what you wanted to lose!! Has it been hard or have you kept motivated and enjoyed it the whole time? It's nice to have inspiration from people like yourself for whom the results are showing big time for all the work you've put in!! It's really fab when you get compliments (and propositions!!)! It's probably a combination of looking fab (probably better than you think you look!) and a new found confidence that you're conveying!! From a fellow South Walian (Swansea)XXX

15. sugar_lipswales

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It has been hard, there's so much temptation but from day one I've always motivated myself by saying to myself ' No one wants an obese girlfriend!' That might sound hard on myself but I work better that way and lately I've actually not been bothered about men lol. I will text him later on but I'm secretly shaking in my boots, what if I'm boring (I have turned into a diet bore lately too), what if he doesn't like my saggy boobs, wrinkly stomach or my bingo wings? Yes I'm aware these might not be as bad as I think they are but getting that into my head is a different matter.

16. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW

- Then he's a complete and utter cock who doesnt deserve you.... but untill then we'l give him the benifit of the doubt that he's a really nice bloke... ( and hopefully not boring himself LOL) xxxxxxx

17. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Thats wonderful and just the thing to boost moral and make you feel a million dollars. Just be careful if you do ring and meet up with him.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. sugar_lipswales

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well readers I did txt him and an hour long conversation and loads of txts later I thought Hey this isn't so scary! It's now 24 hours later and I haven't heard anything from him since I cancelled our coffee today, I was on nights last night and after an 11 hr shift needed some sleep. He must be annoyed because he tried to get me to go over his house after work and I was having none of it. Ah well, if he's a nice guy he'll get in touch again.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.