Confused about all the new stuff?

prettykins

Hi

I rejoined Sw last night after leaving about 6 months ago ( I'm always joining/ giving up lol)
I missed the new member talk, even though I was at group for about 2 hours .
Not had a propper read through the books yet, but I always do green days as I hardly eat any meat, and noticed red and green are no longer in the books?! Arrrrgghhhhh. Can you still follow red and green?
Also how would sp work for non meat eaters?

Thanks for any help xx

You can still do red and green days - I'm a SW online member and can still access the HE's and free foods for both days and it does say that the syns values are in the book - I'm not sure if this is available on the site to class members?

SP would work for veggies in the same ways as it does for meat eaters. Beans and pulses make up part of your P foods and fruit and veggies are your S portion. Two B options to be used on bread/oil/cereal etc as always and 1 x A for milk/cheese.

Sp should be used in the same way as success express used to be as far as I can work out. I've been trying a week of it though and it's not too bad. I miss my yogurts though!

If you have joined a sw class you should have been given a pin no. to go on line. Then as it stands at the moment you can still get all the information on red and green.

Also although you shouldnot have free yogurts on SP it does say on line if you want one have one rather than break the diet. It just means you may not get such a weight loss.

If you wants spuds and rice I would forget about SP and stick to green.

I still follow the green plan and have had 4 SP days through the week. I've been experimenting with butternut squash chips (yummy!!) and cottage pie topped with carrot and turnip served with lots of veg. I've actually enjoyed the SP days which is surprising considering I've always been carb heavy :)

I was looking at rejoining SW but what on earth is SP, what does it entail doing, i must admit i rather liked the red days Any help appreciated.

I was looking at rejoining SW but what on earth is SP, what does it entail doing, i must admit i rather liked the red days Any help appreciated.

Hi artdeco

I haven't bothered looking into sp. it's meant to be used as a weight loss boost, like success express ( never bothered with either). I think the basic thing is to have only speed foods and protein in your meals.
I barely eat meat so I'm always on green days, and I find it hard enough planning what to eat on that so I don't want to complicate it further.
That's just my opinion though, some people are probably quite into it
:)

Good luck on your journey xxx

Back