Confused about "how much water"

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by karon, 4 June 2009 Social URL.

1. karon

karon Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.53%)
    Diet:
    SS
    Hi :)
    I posted this on another post, but not sure if it will get seen, so decied to make a new post, as im so confused lol

Im on my first day, and am sooooooo glad im on the last of my water, how much are we "supposed" to drink, i was told at least 3 litres, and haveing it in peppermint tea/coffee and extra water in shakes dont count, is that correct?
    Im not a water lover, and cant wait untill i can try some flavoring, it was a push to get the whole 3 litres down today, i hope i can cope with the amount tomorow :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lexie_dog

Lexie_dog UNLEASHING THE BEAST!

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.57%)
    Diet:
    SW, minimal bread!
    I tend not to count my coffee, but that's a personal preference, and I rarely go beyond the odd cup every few days. I do however count the xtra in the shakes and the herbal/allowable teas.

4. Witchy

Witchy ButtERfly

Start Weight:
    22st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(22.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    My CDC recommend me drink 4 litres a day (not pints had to double check) but said if i could get two extra down me to try, so I try to aim for 6 litre a day, but thats not including my shakes.

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    2.5L (more if you are having tetras or bars. Tea, coffee, water in shakes (unless you are adding more to the shakes), don't count :)

Edited to add (had to rush away)
    That's the minimum. After that, drink to thirst or if you fancy another drink. Your body will tell you

6. Tamgredan

Tamgredan Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(20.15%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I just drink whatever i want to. Some days it can be close to 6 litres and others the 2.5 litres minimum requirement.
    I now buy bottled water (half litre each one) and each night i put 5 in the fridge and by the end of the next day i know ive had my minimum. Water in shakes, coffee, soup 7 porridge i dont count and these will all be extras.
    0.5l first thing before breakfast
    0.5l between breakfast and lunch
    0.5l with lunch
    0.5l afternoon
    0.5l evening
    Then i have more on top of this, water intake is so important when on CD, its worth making sure you get the recommended amount each day.

7. boobookitty

boobookitty Member

Start Weight:
    30st5lb
    Current Weight:
    28st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    21st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(6.35%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I am trying to fit in around 4 litres a day, although I am averaging around 3. I have been sleeping for an extraordinary amount of time each day and so it's hard to fit it in when you are sleeping so much!! I would like to try and drink more as there has been some discussion that more water equates to bigger losses on the scales. Saying that, I have lost almost 2 stone in 2 weeks, so I can't complain!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.