Confused about points value for cooked pasta packets?

So the WW app says NuMe chicken pasta and sauce is only 6 points per pack, but the pack itself says 6 points per half pack.

Is this something to do with the weight when it's cooked, or just a WW error?

It's hard to know without looking at the nv's....I just looked on the tracker & it says 6pp for 184g pack so I guess either run it through the points calculator or weigh it??? I would say morrisons are more likely to be wrong as they put the 'not endorsed by WW' or such like on their stuff - hope its 6pp - I'll pop in tomorrow & check it out!!

Thanks, I can calculate via the app, it's just I don't know whether the portion size is the 110g on the main part of the pack, or 2 x the 184g half portions it says on the nutritional panel?

Do you add water? If so I'd say 2 x 184g is after you e added water & 110g is the dry weight which hasn't been pointed as such...?

What are the nv's for does it say...I mean does it say dry weight or cooked? 55g dry is 184g cooked?? Some of the packs for these things say 100g dry & then also nv's for 184g prepared...sounds like its 6pp per half pack though....can you upload a pic if the nv's??

Thanks :D It says as prepared so the values are 100g prepared or 184g prepared (55g dry) - which is 6pp. Not clear at all though....will still have to look it up when I'm in Morrisons next, sounds tasty!! Is it a decent size portion?

So it is 12 for the whole pack then - darn the WW app has let me down! The whole pack is a good portion, never thought to half it before...

Found out in class today today that a quick way of finding out pro points is to divide the calories by 40 and you find out that way. Anyone using this and would you recommend it rather than trying to work out the points manually?
thanks!

I've heard that before but the propoints doesn't use calories at all, so I would use it as a last resort and if you have your calculator use that :)

Back