Confused about weight gain after exercise!

treesandcats

Hi, just woke up to day 10 on TS.

Yesterday was the first day I have done a decent amount of exercise, about 40-50 minutes in all. I did about 20 minutes at the physio and did 30 minutes on the wii fit(the step pro program).

Yesterday I ate 1 toffee nut bar, 1 mushroom soup and 1 banana shake and had 2 & 1/2 litres of water plus a mug of buillion(sp!).

Today I have weighed myself at the usuall time and I have put on 3/4 lb.

Now I know in the grand scheme of things this is nothing and on the plus side today is the first day that I actually feel slimmer and my stomach looks slimmer also.

After week 1 I had lost 8lbs which I was very pleased with but now on day 10 I am still on 8lbs!

I am just wondering if the exercise has something to do with it that's all. Just seems a little coincidental that I gain after first proper exercise:confused:

Just wondering what the thoughts of you more experienced TS's are and would appreciate any comments.

Please dont tell me not to weigh myself everyday. I have to, I cannot help it and it is keeping me motivated. This small gain has not de-motivated at all, I am very motivated at the moment thank goodness.

x

Hey hun not really sure what to say, except from maybe drink more water, as your intake was the minimum amount, and with the exercise your body may be keeping hold of it, otherwise it'd be dehydrated??

I weigh every morning also, so no telling off there :D what was your weight on day 8 & 9, had it gone down? x

I keep seeing this on here lately. We need to weigh just once a week because as women we can fluctuate and for me personally that gets me down. I know you said not to tell you not to weigh, but if you are going to weigh everyday, which I totally understand as I always used to weigh myself, than expect to see the odd gain. You may just be retaining a bit more water, it could be hormones, you could have burned fat and gained muscle which weighs more than fat.
It will be gone in a few days with another pound or two I'm sure : )x

Im a daily weigher too so not gonna tell you not to weigh.....but that is the only problem lol. On weigh day you'll have lost...guaranteed. I can see my weigh stck at the same for a good few days then drastically change on the next day....guess we all have a weightloss pattern. Its weird tho....but keep up the good work xx

Hi, thanks for your replies.

Do you know what, I weighed myself an hour later and I have lost 3/4 lbs so within the hour my weight has fluctuated from 14st 12.5lbs to 14st 11bs:confused:

I am going to have to kick the habit of weighing myself everyday if I can as although it did de-motivate me it did dull my mood a little.

Anyway just had my breakfast, a strawberry shake mixed in a blender with 1 sweetner, 2 drops of vanilla extract and 400ml of water, mixed it all up then heated it in a pan until just warm and it made almost 2 full glasses. Drank it with a straw and it was lovely:)

During the course of this 2nd week I am only going to have a bar on alternate days and have 2 soups and 1 shake on the other days just to see if there is any difference plus I have just got my bumper pack of shakes so need to use more of those.

Thanks again. xx

I try not to weigh everyday but every mornin its like i stand on the scales in auto pilot lol.....after saturday weigh in im defo puttin them up high and only bringing them down once a week lol x

I try not to weigh everyday but every mornin its like i stand on the scales in auto pilot lol.....after saturday weigh in im defo puttin them up high and only bringing them down once a week lol x

Yes I think I will ask hubby to hide them and only get them out on weigh in day.

Back