CONFUSED!

Beckymac

I'm really sorry, i'm asking alot of questions but its my first day and i just need to get my head around it.
I've followed the plan as i've interpreted it, i've added everything i've had today onto the slim and save online meal planner but it says my carbs are too high and could bring me out of keytosis (not that i'm in it yet).
As i understand it, i'm ok to have four things a day (max 1 bar) and they can be any combination of packets. do i need to look at all the product info and work out my carbs? I chose this diet because of its simplicity and i really didnt want to be number crunching each day.
I'm also having the 150 mls skimmed milk and 200g veg.

Today I had:
caffe latte shake
mushroom pasta
spaghetti bolognaise
Dark truffa bar
150mls milk in tea
200g cucumber
2 cups bouillon

Am i doing something wrong?

(NB. My cals 692, carbs 76.7)

ALSO On the S&S mealplanner there are two different size options for bars. Is there a reason for this?

I didnt even know there was a meal planner! Aha um the bars is because the old ones were a little smaller than the newer ones I think so it depends which you have. As for the carbs im not sure, i just do what is says and get on with it...it would drive me nuts working it all out! x

To be honest Id forget the planner and just stick to 4 packs a day.

I think the planner is more geared towards people doing 3 packs a day and food or on refeed.

The simplicity plan is just that - simple. Dont make it unneccessarily complicated :)

Agree with Starlight. The reason I picked Slim and Save so I could not think about it - just four packs and guzzle water - no counting calories, points or syns required.
As long as you are sticking to the plan, you will lose weight :)

You can work your carbs down a bit if you don't see results, but at that level I'm sure it'll be fine - cutting the milk for example will lower the overall level. I didn't know of the meal planners existence until recently, on the odd occasion I tracked out of curiosity I did it on mfp but didn't really take a great deal of notice of what it said. Trust the packs, 4 will keep you in ketosis, and don't worry about cutting the milk, the packs ensure you have enough calcium on their own :)

Do lots of people cut the milk? I always use mine...couldnt live without tea! x

I have coffee black & only have 1 tea a day so tend to have Total 0% yogurt to make up for my lack of milk. I like to make sure I have as much of everything that I'm allowed. It doen't affect my losses. Makes the whole process so much easier x

the packs contain diff amounts of carbs, generally if you eat 4 you're fine carbs wise but you might have just happened to have the 4 with highest carbs. I think the spaghetti is higher and the bars are. also milk does add to it, but you're still within the ok amounts and always will be if you stick to that.

I sometimes drink whole milk! less carbs but more cals and fat.. cutting milk is just mean, when I was on LL I had no milk and it was depressing I just gave up on hot drinks

Great thanks! Contacted S&S and he said it's because I had 2 pasta meals, I'm not gonna worry about it anyway.
Does anyone know how much semi-skimmed i could have ?

150mls :)

Back