Confused

MissPiggyFi

somebody shrink me
This morning my head is hung in shame. I got to day 4 yesterday, and then forund out I am going away for next weekend. I will be seeing people I haven't seen since last summer, when I was 4 stone lighter. I got really depressed about how fat I am, trying on outfits and looking awful in all of them :cry:

So what did I do? Become determined to stick to the diet? No. Stupid me decided to eat some cheese to 'cheer myself up'. I also had a single quality street, and a bowl of dry special k. THESE THINGS WEREN'T EVEN THAT NICE!!!! Why oh why have I ruined everything and made myself even more hungry??!!! :mad: :mad:

If I hadn't found out about next weekend, I wouldn't have cracked, but it's the mentality that "i'll probably end up eating something at the weekend, so I may as well give up now" confused!!

I am hungry this morning, and not happy!

Aaah Fiona! It happens to so many of us!

The important thing is not to eat anything else and jump right back on the wagon! I know its easier said than done...

These people you are going to see presumably are people who you like and who like you, they won't care that you have gained weight! If they are the sort of people who do care (in a negative way I mean) then maybe its not worth the trip?

I have to admit, I have put off meeting an old friend I contacted through friends reunited, due to being so much bigger than I was years ago, but you know what I regret it now. I've lost touch again before we got around to meeting up and I wish I had just gone. I know this friend would not have cared anyway.....

Its all about what goes on in our heads, other people don't notice nearly as much as we think they do.

As for the weekend, you can choose not to eat, you can have toothache that day if you like..... and the dentist gave you antibiotics so you can't drink either.....

Anyway the important thing is, don't let one little lapse ruin things for you, you are worth more than this, and in actual fact you have eaten very little and could still show a loss on the scales this week if you jump back in....

One last word, WELL DONE for not eating more quality street! I'm not sure I would have had the strength....

Best wishes to you!

Remember all is not lost!

Mags
xxx

Hiya mags, thanks for the reply.
I don't quite know how it has happened, but I am still in ketosis today :eek: :eek: so I have had the resolve to carry on and not cave completely:)
I am definitely going to take my packs with me at the weekend, but if the worst comes to the worst, I will have plain chicken and green veg at the evening meal. I want to give myself a safety net I suppose so that I won't feel like a failure and binge!

Great that you are still in ketosis! Hopefully it has done no harm then.

Good plan for the weekend, I like to have back up plans too!

Mags
xxx

Back