1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Confusion!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by squidgster, 7 February 2009 Social URL.

1. squidgster

squidgster Well-Known Member

Hiya,

Before Christmas I had got myself down to that point where it was becoming harder and harder to lose weight each week - but was hovering in the region of about 10st 3-4lb, and losing perhaps 1lb every couple of weeks. A few days before Christmas I had the brilliant idea of throwing myself down some stairs, doing a bit of damage to my foot in the process. Over the next four weeks I couldn't exercise at all, and relaxed a little on my diet (well, it was Christmas :)). I was very surprised when I found each week I was still around the 10st 3lb mark.

Once my foot was up to it, I jumped back on my exercise bike (on which I do 17.5km 6-7 days a week). The week after starting with my exercising again, my weight went up to about 10st 6-7lb, and it has stayed exactly the same this week too.

It's not bothering me as such, as I'm happy to be anywhere around or under the 10 and a half stone mark, but I'm just confused why it appears I can not exercise at all and not put anything on, but as soon as I do, my weight has gone up?

Any ideas? :confused:

Squidge x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Lostris

Lostris Serena's title didn't fit

Hiya,

When you exercise you gain muscle. That could be an explanation. Also possible your fluid retention goes up too? I can assure you it's not fat though ;-)

xxx