Confussed-the carbs from chinese leaf and other salads

pd7707

it is my day 3 on atkins and so far so good. i keep it simply and stick to simple foods,poultry, meat,tuna,mackerel in brine, cheese.
the only carns as far as i am aware are from sweetax and the soya mildk i use for my coffee.
i simply don`t understand why i should eat 230 g of salads, when the one i use, chinese leaf has only 1 g of carb and it is fiber, so no net carbs really.

could anyone advice me on this matter.
i eat a bit more, 300-400 gr of the leaf.

i am still ok with the simple and repetitive meals, roasted or fried chicken breast, unsmoked gammon joint, canned fish and eggs. all of the above don`t have sugars.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size100Amount Per ServingCalories11% Daily Value*Total Fat0.2 g0 %Total Carbohydrate1 g0 % Dietary Fiber1 g4 %Protein1.0 g2 %Vitamin C35 %Folic Acid39 %* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on
when i get bored next days i will include sausages, and other low carb foods and then i will re-calculate the carbs daily.

thanks

You need to eat a decent variety of veg to fill your nutritional needs. The leaf is good: as you have dome carbs left over you could add a couple of small tomatoes , maybe some peppers, etc. Get some variety in. Getting your carbs from anything other than veg can cause insulin spikes, so you may as well get your allowance in.

Also be aware that cheese does contain carbs, though some kinds are very low.

You need to eat a decent variety of veg to fill your nutritional needs. The leaf is good: as you have dome carbs left over you could add a couple of small tomatoes , maybe some peppers, etc. Get some variety in. Getting your carbs from anything other than veg can cause insulin spikes, so you may as well get your allowance in.

Also be aware that cheese does contain carbs, though some kinds are very low.

thanks a lot.
insulin spikes? never heard about it..
i am trying to not eat more than 30 g cheese a day. and i go to gym.
let`s say i didn`t go to my gym for 6 months and went time at the same time as i start atkins. it`s my 3 rd day.
i can`t exercise much, not used, but still do about 30 min cross trainer.

pls let me know if i am not doing things roght.
first time i got results on day 3. this time i seem bigger:(((

One of the reasons it's critical to eat veg is to keep your insides moving nicely - if you are aiming for 20g carbs then rarely helps weightloss to take in fewer carbs so should fill up the 20g with green leafy veg

20 g carbs

One of the reasons it's critical to eat veg is to keep your insides moving nicely - if you are aiming for 20g carbs then rarely helps weightloss to take in fewer carbs so should fill up the 20g with green leafy veg

thanks.
i can`t eat 2 kilos of chiness leaf. actually i can, but won`t like to.
i use soya milk, it has o.5 in 125 ml.
also i use sweetex, 0.1 g a tablet, i use few.
the "NO ADDED SUGAR" squash has 3.2 g carbs in 100 ml.

wjhat else? cheese...i try to not eat more than 50 g of stilton because it`s too heavy anyway.

there`s o.5 g in egg yolk,

i use vinegar as well.
and it`s my 5 th day and i am gonna buy some different low carb meats, so i will definetely count the carb contents in diffrenet meats, bacon, etc.

i am worried because it`s day 5 and i am not in ketosis yet. just bought new ketostix as i though my old ones were not good.
same result, pale pink, no ketosis at all.
and no matter what my bmi shows, i definetely have few kilos fat on me which i put recently.
it`s not that i need toning or just exercise.
around my stomach i have new formed firm fat depos.

just thinking...
what will happen if i give up all the vegs for 5 days. and actually do only proteins from meat,fish, poultry,eggs,etc.. no diary and carbs at all.
it is just like dukan`s attack, but i won`t give up a bit of olive oil.
i think of startng it today, / no carbs eaten yet/ and see what will happen.

by the way i drink diet coke. is it OK?

Diet coke is okay. As long as you drink it in moderation. But for me, since I'm not a fan of diet drinks, I stay away from it. In my opinion, it's still a soda, regardless of what it's call like. So, sugar is still there. :D

Have you checked out the stickie called "so you're thinking of starting Atkins"? ... Lots of very useful info from our lovely resident male Jim...

Back