Connmels SW Journey

So I've been completely missing from here for all of June and July and despite going to group almost every week I weigh exactly the same now as I did no the 6th May. I've had a couple of gains and a lot of maintains and some losses to bring me right back to the same weight! So frustrated with myself because its not the plan that is at fault - I've just been completely incapable to sticking to it for more that a day to 2 a week.

Had a real lightbulb moment sitting in group this week though. Our usual consultant is on holidays and the stand in lady was just going through the room getting everyone to introduce themselves and tell how much they've lost in total. I was sitting there among several girls that started the same time as me listening to them all talk about their 2 stone + weight losses and I had to admit to just having lost 1.5 stone, I felt crap - and I do know that at least I've that off and I should be please but it was a bit depressing to think about how much time I've been wasting. So I decided to add up how much money I have spent on SW since 6 May when I got my 1.5 stone award - shockingly I've spent €117 since then and I weigh exactly the same! So its head down for me now - no more messing - I really can't justify financially continuing on with this unless I start losing weight again and I love going to group. So here I am back on minimins and back on track!

From this week I am counting my syns on a weekly basis from weigh in to weigh in. So my diary starts on a Monday evening. I know it seem strange but I want to ensure that I have a 100% week from the second I step off the scales.

Monday (post weigh in)

Coffee and Low fat milk (HEXA)
Chilli con carne (completely free) with Rice
Pint of Coke Zero
Tea and skimmed milk (HEXA)
Fun Size Crucnhie (4 syns)

Syns for day: 4
Weekly balance: 105-4=101

Tuesday

B/ Coffee and Skim milk *2 (HEXA), Melon
S/ Apple and Cinnamon Tea
L/ Crosse and Blackwell Tomato Onion and Herb Pasta n Sauce [made with splash of skim milk (HEXA)], green beans, carrots ans Heinz 70% less fat salad cream - drizzle (0.5 syns), Glass No added sugar squash, Coffee and skim milk (HEXA)
S/ Coffee and skim milk (HEXA) Banana
D/ Chilli and Rice, green beans, pint coke zero
S/ SW sweet rice made with no added sugar cream soda, 1/2 muller light strawberry, 1/2 tin pineapple in juice (HEXB), Tea and skim milk (HEXA), Fun size Crunchie (4 syns)

Syns for day: 4.5
Weekly Balance : 101-4.5=96.5

HEXA: Skimmed milk in tea and coffee and pasta & sauce
HEXB: 1.2 tin pineapple in juice

Fluid: 9 cups/glasses

A good start but its still early in the week - feeling strong and motivated though and I am going to stay that way

Happy with Wednesday -

B: Coffee & skim (HEXA) * 2, SW sweet rice with half Muller Light and 1/4 tin pineapple (HEXB)
S: Coffee & skim (HEXA), melon
L: Mug Shot cous cous - tomato & roasted vegetable (1 syn), green beans, salad cream (0.5 syns), bottle sparkling water
S: Coffee and skim (HEXA), banana
D: Cod fillet, green beans, sw chips, poached egg, salad cream (0.5 syns), glass coke zero
S: SW sweet rice with muller light and 1/4 tin pineapple (HEXB), tea & skim (HEXA), time out (8.5 syns), banana

Syns for day: 10.5 syns
Weekly balance: 96.5-10.5=86 syns

HEXA: Milk for tea and coffee
HEXB: tin pineapple in juice

Fluid: 8

Woohoo - another good day...

Thursday

B: SW sweet rice with banana and 1/2 muller light, coffee & skim (HEXA)
S: Coffee & skim (HEXA)
L: Crosse & Blackwell Pasta & Sauce chicken and mushroom flavour w splash milk (HEXA) (1 syn), gherkins, carrots, beetroot, Glass NAS squash
D: Spicy savoury mince with rice (all free) green beans, salad cream (1/2 syn) pint NAS squash
S: Tea and skim *2 (HEXA), tangle twister (3.5 syns), time out (4.5 syns), 1 slice nimble (HEXB) 1 level teasp plum jam (0.5 syns)

Syns for day: 10 syns
Weekly syns balance: 85-10=75 syns

HEXA: skimmed milk in tea & coffee and pasta
HEXB: Nimble 1 slice (only 1/2 HEXB) eaten

Fluid: 7

So went missing for a couple of weeks again there!

The good news is that the good behaviour continued even of I wasn't recording it on here and I lost 4 lbs that week. I was delighted with myself and I'm going to record my food diary here for the rest of that week because it was such a great success that it'll be good to be able to look over it when the paper diary is long lost at the bottom of some bag or another.

The bad news is that I went off track again the following week and gained 1.5lbs but its over and I'm back on track for another really good week this week. Heres my diary for the rest of my 4 lb weightloss week:

Friday 15 August

B: Nimble *2 (HEXB) 1/2 sliced banana. Coffee & skim *2 (HEXA)
S: Muller Light 1/2 banana. Coffee & skim (HEXA)
L: Crosse & Blackwell Pasta & Sauce (tomato one) w splash skim (HEXA), gherkins, carrots. Glass NAS Squash. Apple & Cinnamon Tea
S: Coffee & Skim (HEXA)
D: Chicken and Mushroom (Chinese takeaway) 300g (4.5 syns) with boiled rice and a portion of green beans. Pint NAS squash. 5* prawn crackers (1.5)
S: Tea and skim (HEXA), Time out (4.5) Twister (3.5), 11g pack Rancheros (2.5)

HEXA: Skim in T&C & Pasta
HEXB: 2* Nimble WM bread

Fluid: 9

Syns for Day: 16.5
Weekly syns balance: 59.5

Saturday

B: Nimble *2 (HEXB) 1 sliced banana. Coffee & skim (HEXA)
S: Tea & skim (HEXA)
L: Lidl Spicy Couscous (10):eek: Peach, Pt Coke Zero
S: Muller light greek style (0.5)
D: Seafood Paella, green beans & fat free fromage frais. Pint NAS Squash
S: Tea and skim (HEXA), Curly Wurly (6) Twister (3.5), 1/2 pack transformers crisps (2.5)

HEXA: Skim in T&C
HEXB: 2* Nimble WM bread

Fluid: 7

Syns for Day: 22.5
Weekly syns balance: 59.5 - 22.5=37

Sunday

B: Mallons Sausages, rashers, mushrooms, 1 * white bread and low low (4.5), egg. Tea & skim (HEXA)
D: Leftover Paella Pt Coke Zero
S: 1/4 box Ikea Wholemeal cookies (9), coke zero
S: Tea and skim (HEXA), dry roasted peanuts (15 nuts HEXB) 25g Dry roasted peanuts (7.5 syns) Time out (4.5)
HEXB: 15 Dry roasted peanuts

Fluid: 6

Syns for Day: 25.5
Weekly syns balance: 37-22.5=11.5

Monday Pre weigh-in

B: Coffee & skim *2 (HEXA), Melon raspberries, strawberries & banana. Banana and custard muller light
S: Melon. Coffee & skim (HEXA)
L: Glass NAS Squash Roasted Veg soup, ham and melon.
S: Apple & Cinnamon Tea, Peach

Weigh-in: 10 st 12 lbs - 4lbs

New weekly syns 105

S: Coffee & low Fat milk (HEXA), 2* hifi light (HEXB)
D: 2* Mallons sausages, 2* rashers, mashed potato with skim (HEXA), Mushy peas, melon and grapes
S: Tea & skim (HEXA) Curly Wurly (6)

HEXB: 2* Hi fi light
Fluid: 8

Syns for Day: 6
Weekly syns balance: 99

So that's what a 4 syn week looks like!!

So my 1.5lb gain on Monday gave me a terrible shock - I think there are 3 factors to blame
1) I didn't keep a food diary - I thought I was keeping a rough mental note of the syns but if I don't write them down anything can happen
2) I know I wasn't great on the fluid front and was slightly bunged up
3) I gave myself a flexible syns day on Sunday and ran ragged - it wasn't worth it one bit!

So I've been 100% on track since - apart from having a bit of a vomiting bug or something on Tuesday evening which meant that I didn't eat 3 meals or have all my HEX A or any HEXB and I had no syns.

Heres my diary from Monday post WI and the rest of the week:

Weigh -in +1.5lbs

D: SW chip shop curry with sw chips and green beans. Pint coke Zero
S: Loop the loop (4.5), cup of tea w skim, Time out (4.5)

Syns for day: 9
Weekly syns balance: 105-9=96

Tuesday 27 August

B: Coffee & skim *2 (HEXA), Banana
S: Apple & Cinnamon Tea, SW sweet rice with raspberries and muller light
L: Crosse & Bk Savoury rice chicken, melon, Glass NAS squash
S: Coffee & skim (HEXA), left over rice and melon
Vomiting in evening - no food or drinks

Wednesday
B: Tea & skim (HEXA), Nimble *2 and 2 level teasp low low spread (2)
S: Banana, coffee & skim (HEXA)
L: Chicken Noodle mug shot, melon, glass NAS squash,
S: Coffee & skim (HEXA) melon
D: Frittata with ham, peppers, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, potato. Green beans and fat free fromage frais, glass coke zero
S: Tea & skim, time out (4.5), sw rice w raspberries, vanilla muller light

HEXB: Nimble *2

Syns for day: 6.5
Weekly syns balance: 96-6.5=89.5

Thursday

B: Coffee & skim*2 (HEXA), melon
S: Coffee & skim (HEXA), SW sweet rice w banana and toffee muller light
L: Leftover frittata, carrots, melon. leftover sw sweet rice w extra raspberries, glass NAS squash
Afterwork drinks: 4* Martini extra dry with sprite zero (1 50ml measure, 3 35ml measure) (8), cocktail sausages *4 (6), curly fries (handful - 3 syns?)
S: glass coke zero, few forkfuls of leftover spicy tomato pasta (free)

HEXB: None

Syns for day: 17
Weekly syns balance: 89.5-17=72.5

So that's 72.5 syns for Fri, Sat & Sun. I don't want to eat the all though as I am not 100% sure about the syns in the curly fries and also because I was sick on Tuesday I think I'd like to try and leave those 15 syns because it almost feels like cheating to eat them now...

Delighted that I didn't let a night out get out of control and only had 17 syns.

Friday 30 August

B: Coffee and low fat milk (HEXA) Banana
S: SW sweet rice with coconut muller greek style (0.5) and peach, apple and cinnamon tea
L: Nandos: Houmous and pitta (4?) Butterfly fillet - skin removed (2syns), Side salad w balsamic vinegar, corn on the cob, 1/2 macho peas (1.5 syns), glass water *2, frozen yog (2 syns)

So far so good...

Back