Connmels SW Journey

Tuesday
Before run: Hifi Light (HEXB) Coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
30 min run
After run: Melon, 1 slice wholemeal full size (HEXB) with laughing cow light 1/2 triangle (HEXA), fat free yog, coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA) glass water
Snack: Coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA), glass squash *2
Lunch: Banana, coffee and full fat milk (HEXA), 1 slice wholemeal full size (HEXB + 2 syns) with 1/2 laughing cow light triangle (HEXA), 2 slice chicken, salad leaves and gherkins glass squash *2
Snack: squash *2 and hifi light bar (HEXB) melon
Dinner: steamed haddock fillet, green beans, brocolli, poached egg, fat free fromage frais, 2 small baby potatos, pint coke zero
Snack: cadburys highlights (2 syns), hifi light (3 syns) 1 pack chicatees (4.5 syns)

Syns for day: 11.5
Weekly syns balance: 100-11.5=88.5

Wednesday - EE

B: Hifi light (HEXB) Coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
S: Melon and fat free toffee yog, coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
L: Wholemeal bread (full size - 1 syn), chicken slices *2, salad cream (1 syn) clementine *2,, glass squash, coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
S: Squash *3, coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
D: slenderchoice sausages *3, 3 baby potatoes, beans, broccoli, pink coke zero
S: Tea and skimmed milk (HEXA), curly wurly (6 syns)

Syns for day: 8
Weekly syns balance: 88.5-8=80.5

A good day - just need to keep them going!!

So my week is going great so far - I'm feel like I'm back in control and enjoying SW again - just have to pass the bank holiday test now! Have no plans and I'm hoping to have time to do plently of cooking - must look up some new recipies to try out.

I'm doing a red day today:

B (before run): Coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA), glass water, a few spoonfuls of mixed berries with 1 wheetabix (HEXA) crumbled over and some fat free natural yogurt with some splenda
B (after run): remaining wheetabix yog and berries, coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA) wholemeal toast (full size, 1 syn) and half a laughing cow light (HEXA) 3xglass squash

Plan for rest of day

S: coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA) and a fat free toffee yog, banana
L: wholemeat toast (1 full size slice, 1 syn) tuna, extra light salad cream (1 syn) pickled gherkins and beetroot and some carrots, squash *2, coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
S: fruit, hot squash
D: chilli con carne from the freezer, wholemeal toast (1 full size slice, 1 syn), butternut squash, broccoli
S: Tea and skimmed milk (HEXA), curly curly (6 syns)

Syns for day: 10
Weekly syns balance: 80.5-10=70.5

thats the plan anyway- now to stick to it!!

I really spoke to soon about sticking to plan yesterday - not sure what happened but I binged like mad - but I'm going to account for it and make it fit in with my weekly syns because I just booked a trip to Paris to visit my friend that emigrated there in September. I go 6 June and I am determined to be at least a stone skinnier by then -mainly because I have no clothes that fit me at my current weight (I gained weight so quickly after I got married in 2009 that I completely seem to have skipped this size!) I really want to wear my black skinny jeans that I'm sure I was wearing at around 10 stone so I am going to really get serious and stop faffing about!

So yesterdays horrific day updated:

I'm doing a red day today:

B (before run): Coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA), glass water, a few spoonfuls of mixed berries with 1 wheetabix (HEXA) crumbled over and some fat free natural yogurt with some splenda
B (after run): remaining wheetabix yog and berries, coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA) wholemeal toast (full size, 1 syn) and half a laughing cow light (HEXA) 3xglass squash

Plan for rest of day

S: coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA) and a fat free toffee yog, banana
L: wholemeat toast (1 full size slice) tuna, extra light salad cream (1 syn) pickled gherkins and beetroot and some carrots, squash *2, coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
S: fruit, hot squash, caramelised biscuit (2 syns)
D: chilli con carne from the freezer, broccoli, 40g reduced fat cheddar (HEXA), taco sauce(fat free natural yog, garlic powder, mustard powder)
S: Tea and skimmed milk (HEXA), curly curly *3(18 syns) Mars bar (8 syns) Popcorn (6syns?)

Syns for day: 10
Weekly syns balance: 80.5-36=44.5

Amazingly that still leaves me with 14.5 syns per day for today, sat and sun - not as many as I would normally like for a weekend but completely ok! Thank goodness for small mercies!!

Updated

Friday - EE day - think I'm going to stick to EE and the odd success express day - I seem to binge on red and green days so I might lay off them for a while

Breakfast: Coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA), Tea and skimmed milk wm toast (Full size slice 1 syn) banana
Snack: Fat free toffee yog, coffee and skimmed milk (HEXA)
Lunch: wm toast (full size slice 1 syn), tuna, extra light salad cream (0.5 syn), gherkins, beetroot, carrots, pint water
Snack: melon, apple and cinnamon tea
Dinner: Chicken and mushroom from takeaway (5.5 syns - 340g serving) boiled rice, broccoli taste of dh's mandarin beef (1 syn)
Snack: Cadburys highlights (2 syns), 2x refresher squashies sweets (3.5 syns)

Total for day:
Weekly balance:44.5-14.5=30

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips Spanx - I'm dying to try mikado sticks but none of the supermarkets stock them in Ireland - but I've a plan in place to get some delivered by a man with a van!!!

I'm going to try a couple of red days this week to see if an extra HEXB eaten in the evening will help me keep away from the chocolate! I had a Cadburys Highlights last night and it was a big success - it gave me a chocolate kick and I had no desire to have any actual chocolate with it like I would a cup of tea - win win!

I really wish I liked hot chocolate, but I can't stand the texture! I do use Highlights/Options to make a kind of chocolate cheesecake with quark and a base of warmed alpen lights though - yum!

Well done on your recent losses - and well done for accounting for your 'blip' and managing it within your syn limit! x

I really wish I liked hot chocolate, but I can't stand the texture! I do use Highlights/Options to make a kind of chocolate cheesecake with quark and a base of warmed alpen lights though - yum!

Well done on your recent losses - and well done for accounting for your 'blip' and managing it within your syn limit! x

yum - is the recipe for that cheesecake on here - would love to do it for dessert tomorrow

yum - is the recipe for that cheesecake on here - would love to do it for dessert tomorrow

Yes, somewhere! Basically add two sachets of options (4 syns) , I usually use white chocolate, but you can use any, to a tub of quark, stir well and leave in the fridge for a while (if you don't you can sometimes get a powdery taste from the options). When you're ready to eat it, take two alpen light bars (I use choc and orange, but double choc or choc fudge would be nice too! Allow 6 syns or 1 HEB) and put them in a bowl in the microwave. Heat for 20-30 seconds, depending on the wattage of your microwave, until soft and squidgy, then press down in the bowl to make a base. Cover with the quark mixture and lots of berries and enjoy! Serves two large portions. Enjoy!

B: banana, coffee and skimmed milk (hexa)
20 min run
L: pint squash fried onions and egg, mixed berries, fat free natural yog, Splenda
S: Alpen lightx2 (hexb)
D: striploin steak, sw chips, onion, mushrooms, green beans, fat free fromage frais glass coke zero
S: tea and skimmed milk(hexa) time out (4.5 syns) skittles (5 syns) highlights (2syns)

Total for day: 11.5 syns
Weekly balance: 30-11.5=19.5

B: banana, coffee and skimmed milk (hexa)
20 min run
L: pint squash fried onions and egg, mixed berries, fat free natural yog, Splenda
S: Alpen lightx2 (hexb)
D: striploin steak, sw chips, onion, mushrooms, green beans, fat free fromage frais glass coke zero
S: tea and skimmed milk(hexa) time out x2 (9syns) skittles (5 syns) highlights (2syns) chickatees (4.5 syns)

Total for day: 19.5
Weekly balance: 30-19.5=11.5

Sunday

B: wm nimble w cottage cheese (HEXB), coffee & skimmed milk *2 (HEXA) banana, muller light greek style (0.5 syns)
D: roast chicken, roasted carrots, parsnips, potatoes, broccoli, mashed potato w fat free fromage frais
S: fat free fromage frais w cadburys highlights (2 syns), alpen light bar (HEXB)
T: roasted butternut squash, fromage frais, left over chicken, roasted garlic
S: Tea and skimmed milk (HEXA) timeout bar (4.5 syns), club milk (6 syns), chicatees (4.5 syns)

Syns for day: 17.5
Weekly syns balance:11.5-17.5=-6 (6 over for the week)

Weigh in yesterday afternoon - 1.5lbs off - got my 1.5 stone award - yippee!!! not quite as much off as I had hoped - but I did go over my syns so its nobodys fault but my own! Set a 2.5lb mini-target for next week - that will bring me to 10 st 13.5lbs - would be brilliant to be 10 stone something!!

So I went a little overboard yesterday afternoon - went to weigh in at 3.30 instead of my usual 7.30 because of the bank holiday - left alot of hours to go a bit mad!!

B: tea and skimmed milk (HEXA), slender choice sausage, tomatoes, wm nimble (HEXB) with free cottage cheese
S: banana and muller light greek style (0.5 syns), 3 slices of chicken, Alpen light bar (HEXB)
L: 1/5 roasted butternut squash, leeks and garlic, club milk (6 syns)
Weigh in
S: time out (4.5 syns)
D: chip shop curry sauce with leftover roast chicken and sw chips, roasted peppers, cheese cake made with Alepn Light bar (3 syns) and cottage cheese and fromage frais with highlights (3 syns)
s: club milk (6 syns), chickatees(4.5 syns)

Syns for day: 27.5(!)
Weekly syns balance: 105-27.5=77.5

After my very dodge day yesterday - its time to focus again - have a night out on Friday so I'm determined to be very very good and have enough syns saved to enjoy a few drinks. This is my plan:

Tuesday 5 syns (10 saved to take off over indulgence yesterday)
Wed - 5 syns (2.5 off yesterdays and 7.5 carried forward to friday)
Thursday - 5 syns (7.5+10=17.5 for friday)
Friday - 5 syns during day (17.5 +10=27.5)
Saturday - 10 syns (27.5+5=32.5)
Sunday - 10 syns (32.5+5=37.5)

So that gives me 37.5 syns for friday night - I think I'll drink gin and slimline tonic so if I have 5 (lots for me - can't remember the last time I was out drinking - so I'm sure it will be plenty!) that leaves me a 17.5 syn cushion.

Well done on the loss chick that's great, your daily diary is great to read! Well done on the 1.5 stone :)

I have been very lax on the diary front - and very lax on the weight loss front too! I must do better. I've sts 3 weeks in a row now so I'm determined to get back into it - doing the scan bran challenge this week so we'll see if it helps me focus.

Monday Food diary
B: alpen light (HEXB) coffee and skim (HEXA)
S: Banana and muller light, apple and cinnamon tea
L: Roasted veg (butternut squash, peppers, onion, garlic, leeks, courgette) 2 laughing cow light (HEXA), melon, coffee and skim(HEXA)
S: Kimberley (3.5 syns) coffee and skim (HEXA)
D: Slenderchoice sausages, mashed potato with skim (HEXA) beans
S: Tea and skim (HEXA) alpen light (HEXB), fun size maltesers (5 syns)

Total Syns for day: 8.5
Weekly syns balance: 105-8.5=96.5

first day of scan bran challenge - its not too bad - I like one crumbled through a yogurt and lightly toasted (it burns in seconds!) with jam or marmalade. Had some completed burnt at coffee break and it was vile! Being really strict with the water too cause I'm terrified that I'll end up slugish and I've got the mini marathon next monday.

Food Tuesday 28 May

65 minute run
B - Muller light banana & scan bran (HEXB) 250 ml water
S - Coffee and skim (HEXA), scan bran *2 with marmalade (1 syn), apple, glass water and apple and cinnamon tea. 1 pint water at desk
L - Roasted Veg (same as monday) with 15g reduced fat cheddar (HEXA) 1* scan bran, 1 pint water
S - 2 Pint water at desk, coffee and skim milk (HEXA)
D - Savoury rice (Erin - 1.5 syns) roasted veg, fat free fromage frais 1 pint water
S - Tea and skim (HEXA), size milky way (3.5 syns), scan bran and jam (0.5 syn) 0.5 pint water

Syns for day: 5
Weekly syns balance: 96.5-6.5=90

Great day - feeling really focused

Hi. What's the scan bran challenge? I've never heard of that before. Is it meant to kick start weightloss etc?

Hi. What's the scan bran challenge? I've never heard of that before. Is it meant to kick start weightloss etc?

So the scan bran challenge involves eating 5 scan bran crackers (that they sell in group or health food shops I think) as your HEXb for a week - you have to also drink an extra 2 litres of water a day as its basically pure fibre and could really clog you up iykwim. I'm on day 3 today and I don't mind it - alot of people seem to detest it - and its definitely not the nicest thing I've eaten but its grand.

Its supposed to be great for giving your loss a boost. Although there was a girl at our group on Monday that did it for the 7 days and stuck 100% to plan and she gained - I had already bought mine and felt like asking for a refund! But our consultant was saying that its very rare for that to happen as long as you're drinking the water and going to the loo ok!

yesterday - wednesday was national fish and chip day - so dh arrived home with a fresh fillet of cod and chips for dinner! anyway I removed the batter and had about 4 chips and made myself some mushy peas and green beans to go with it - delighted to find out afterwards the the cod was free once the batter was removed - phew!!

Wednesday 29 May food diary

B - Banana, coffee w full fat milk (HEXA), muller light, pear and 1 scan bran (HEXB), pt water
S - Scan bran *2 (HEXB) with marmalade (1 syn), clementine, glass water, apple and cinnamon tea, pint water at desk
L - gherkins, carrots, beetroot, scan bran * 2,(HEXB) extra light salad cream (1 syn), 2 slices ham, pint water
S - pint water *2 at desk - coffee and full fat milk
D - Green beans, mushy peas, cod with batter removed, fat free fromage frais, 4 chipper chips (3 syns) and glass water
S - tea and skim (HEXA) , fun size maltesers (5 syns), time out (4.5 syns) muller light greek (0.5 syn) and slice ham

Syns for day: 15
Weekly syns balance: 90-15=75

another good day - glad I was able to surrender the batter and nearly all the chips to stay on track!

Last edited:
Back