HELP!!!! and intro(ps think i whould have posted this here)

TKD

Hi everyone I'm brand new to this site and need some help.

Last year i decided that enough was enough and i wanted to loose weight. Just from getting my dog and cutting as much rubbish out as i "could". I went from 13st7lbs to 12st6lbs, but hit a wall and couldn't do any more myself. Having never "dieted" before I joined SW with a friend before Christmas to give me a head start on the year ahead But I'm Struggling.... I attend group every week when i can and I've been sticking to plan. I've shown my food diary to the consultant and they can't seem to see where I'm going wrong:confused: other than varying by breakfasts a little and eating more. I have been doing zumba for the last 10 weeks and recently taken up pole fitness in addition to walking the dog and making little changes i.e walking up and down stairs, parking at the opposite side to where i need to be.

I must admit i like to go out clubbing on the occasional weekend but allow for these in Flexi syns, i also do this with eating out, Whilst also cutting my alcohol intake to only when i go out considering before i would have a drink most nights.

My journey is as follows and you'll probably understand my frustration:mad:;

03/12/12-12st 6lbs
10/12/12-12st 3.5lbs-2.5lbs
17/12/12-12st 6.5lbs +3 lbs
07/01/13-12st 1lbs -5 lbs????
14/01/13-12st 2lbs +0.5lbs
21/01/13-12st 1lbs -0.5
28/01/13-11st 13lbs -2.5lbs
04/02/13-11st 13lbs sts
18/02/13-11st13.5 lbs +0.5lbs
04/03/13-11st12lbs -1.5lbs
11/03/13-11st13lbs +1
18/03/13-11st13lbs sts

The last few weeks i have resorted to having lemon water in morn and making super speed soup for my lunch but to no avail. Its getting quite depressing to attend group knowing that i have tried hard but have stayed virtually the same since the end of Jan and others in group have lost a stone in 4 weeks or on average 2lbs per week....... insert sad face :(

Any help or words of wisdom is welcome.

Hi mate, have you tried being very very good and doing a few weeks at 100%? my journey so far has been 100% and it seems to be working, maybe just give it a go and see. Good luck keep letting us know how your doing though ;)

Welcome. I'm sure there are many people on here who can give you good advice. To me there could be a few things to consider before giving up on SW. Would it be worth giving up alcohol completely for a few weeks to see what happens (I can't lose weight and drink). Are you perhaps eating too many carbs and proteins. I know lots of food are free but portion control is still important. Perhaps up the superfree and decrease the free. Are you measuring syn and healthy extra portions carefully? Is it possible you are not eating enough? I know some people find exercising more and eating a lot less can result in a gain or stay the same. Our bodies don't like too big a shock and try to maintain weight which is handy if we are going through famine but a pain if we are trying to lose weight. Have you tried Success Express - some people find that kick starts their weightloss. Talk to your counsellor again they might consider fast forward for you if they think it appropriate.

Good luck with it all and don't give up. If sw is not for you there are other diets that WIL work.

I thought i had been giving it all i could for the last 3 weeks but it appears not lol

W/C 18/02/13MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY
BREAKFAST lemon water, Raspberry yogurt, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, grapes, Pineapple, All bran lemon water, plumblemon water,applelemon water,appleapple, two pieces of wholemeal toast, poached egg and beans.
SNACK 2 plums Milkybar small 3.5fat free natural yogurt yogurt, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, grapes, Pineapple, All bran fat free natural yogurt, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, grapes, , All bran fat free natural yogurt, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, grapes, orange
LUNCH salmon and rice Sweet jacket potato, Cheese A, Lettuce, spinach, sweetcorn, Red pepper, spring onion. 12speed soup, activia banoffie yogurt 1weatherspoons five bean chilli 6 large glass of wine 812speed soup12speed soup
SNACK tasters at group apple, chicken breast minieggs hand full, 8Plum, Chicken breast apple, mug shot
DINNER jacket potato steak, green beans, mange toute, baby corn, cabbage, butter 1.5H/M meat balls, pasta, H/M tomato sauce, mushrooms, courgette, green pepper, Prawns stir fry, Cabbage, Carrot, Mushroom, Courgette, pepper, Onion, Leek, 12 speed soup, Salmon with nandos rub rice, cauliflower, carrots, peas, broccoli, baby corn tandori fish 3, rice, popadom, 4 salad taco's,extra lean mince, peppers, mushroom, onion, sweetcorn, spinach, with rice salad, lettuce, baby tomatoes two taco trays 5
Dessert/SnackCadbury Bubbly 16activia banoffie yogurt 1
ADDITIONAL INFO pole dance fitness 45 minute walk with dog and zumbawalk the dog zumba walk the dog
Total

Here is an idea of last week... What do you think??

What is fast forward not heard of it?

Have to say it looks good to me :) and I can't see anything which should promote a gain. As I say for the things such as meat and potatoes I would have to limit it even though it's free coz if I eat too much it still would make it harder to lose. Other people lose loads with no restrictions at all. I don't know if fast forward is still offered - I am about to start sw from home so I would not be allowed to do it. Basically it's a very strict plan designed just for you by your counselor which you could follow under their supervision for a very short time to kick start your weightloss. It's not part of the normal plan because it is so limiting. As I say not sure if they still offer it. Success Express would probably do a similar job anyway.

Back