Conor's Weight-Loss Diary

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by ConInBrum, 9 June 2009 Social URL.

1. ConInBrum

ConInBrum Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi lads and ladies,

I'm Conor, I'm 20 and from Birmingham. I thought I'd make this thread, as I'm quite different from most people on here, as I'm male and on the younger side.

My weight went up and down more times than I can remember when I was at school, and my waist size varied from a 32 to a 40 on numerous occasions. I've always been a yoyo dieter, and drop weight dramatically, a few stones at a time through crash dieting, but it always went back on.

I started uni in September 2007, and the past 2 years have just been an absolute mishmash of drinking and takeaways (as most students tend to do). It's now at the stage where I know I have to do something permanent, or I never will. This whole getting out of breath running for a bus and getting heart palpitations just won't do!

I started Weight Watchers three weeks ago at 18 stone 9.5 pounds, and so far it's been quite a mixed bag. In my first week I lost 5 pounds, in my second week I lost 5.5 pounds, but this week I gained 1 pound. I was absolutely devestated, as I've gone from double digit loss to single digit loss, and psychologically that's a big thing for me.

I want to lose a stone before I went on holiday for 2 weeks, and my final weigh-in before that is next week. I'll need to lose 4.5 to get that first stone off, and I need to have lost 3.5 to get my first 5% off.

I know why I gained last week, I went back to work and ate Greggs nearly every day! Stayed within my points but I know I won't lose doing that!

I'm wondering if there are any other lads around my age who are Weight Watchers? How are you finding it? And also anyone else, what are your best tips for me getting that 4.5 pound loss I'm dying for next week?

Thanks for all your advice,
    Conor. x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    Just wanted to say hello and welcome. good luck for your next weigh in, hope you get your target for your hols. we dont seem to have many men, dont know why, but you will find loads of friendly people on here with a wealth of knowledge and advice.
    Cant not greet a local lad!!

4. ConInBrum

ConInBrum Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks mommyb, this seems to be a really nice place. When I'm surrounded by stick thin people all day, it's nice to encounter people who know what it's like!

5. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    yeah,everyone on here is great. and you'll get loads of support-anything you wanna know just yell!!

6. lucysmommy

lucysmommy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    hiya conor

thought i would say hi, and i hope you get that loss before your holiday.

just stick with it and stay within your points and you should do good

xx

7. smilerjen

smilerjen Has the power of the horn

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Oh I hear you with the uni take aways! Thats where I put on most of my weight! It was dominos Monday, curry tuesday.... lol! You will get there tho! Good luck for your holiday target but try to remember how much youve lost so far! to lose over 10lb in 2 weeks is amazing! You should be really proud of yourself for doing that! Well done! :D

8. ConInBrum

ConInBrum Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks lucysmommy! To be honest, I'd be happy next week if I got my 5%, but would be over the moon if I could lose my first stone! I'm away for just over 2 weeks, but am in Paris and Barcelona for most of it sightseeing and going round museums etc, so hopefully all the walking will stop me gaining while I'm away!

9. ConInBrum

ConInBrum Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks smilerjen, must admit, have never been so happy to be called a loser hehe! x

10. lucysmommy

lucysmommy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    sounds fab - any room in your suitcase?? lol

x

11. ConInBrum

ConInBrum Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lol well now I'm starting to buy smaller clothes there may well be! I bought some shorts and vests for hols a few months back, but they're hanging off me! I'm sure I could smuggle you through customs lol. x

12. lucysmommy

lucysmommy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    hehe

im just jealous i need to wait till september for mines :-(

x

13. blackwidow

blackwidow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    well done on your loss so far, thats excellent :) i would say mix up your lunches, if its not that you're eating the same each day, it could be because you're eating a lot of bread / pastry which is something I find slows my weight loss down. Try to eat as much unprocessed food as possible (your filling foods) and you might see a boost that way :) x

14. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    listen to Rachael-she knows what she's talking about!!
    have a good day

15. ConInBrum

ConInBrum Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Today is a brand new day. Must admit, I was feeling SO depressed last night after that gain, especially given I had 2 big losses my first 2 weigh-ins. But today is a fresh start, I'm going to start tracking again, which I didn't do last week, and am going to get out there and get active! Hope you have a good day guys! x

16. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hiya Conor, nice to meet you...

Welcome to the forum... in my class on Monday, they advised that WW is doing a special male recruitment drive this month, so we may get some more men on this forum for you...
    other than that, you will just have to put up with us women.....:D:D

Welcome once again

Tracy

17. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    That is totally the right attitude to have, put it behind you and get on with it. i think when you've had a few good weeks, you start to think that you know what you're doing,and complacency starts to slip in, like not tracking last week. we've all done it and will probably do it again!!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. ConInBrum

ConInBrum Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well today I've eaten all but 2 of my points, which I think is quite good, and I ate breakfast. I didn't eat breakfast at all last week which is maybe one of the reasons I gained!

20. sortingoutmylife

sortingoutmylife Silver Member

Diet:
    WeightWatchers ProPoints
    Helloooo

Sorry for the late welcome, but just wanted to say hi and good luck!

And YES eat breakfast - it really helps, and once you get into the habit it gets easier!
    xx

21. blackwidow

blackwidow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    breakfast speeds up your metabolism so you're defo on the right lines if youre thinking that coulda had something to do with it! :) x

22. ConInBrum

ConInBrum Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey all, thought I'd check in with you. I've had a good couple of days, have been eating 3 meals a day and have been going for walks. I suffer really bad with crunching knees (sorry to those with weak stomachs) so want to hold off on heavy excercise till I've got my weight down a bit. Only problem is I'm really struggling to use all my points. Now I've broken up from uni I'm working either 11-8 or 9-6 nearly every day, so can't snack every time I get hungry. My allowance is 34 but I'm only using between 20 and 25! I don't want to eat loads more as my meal sizes are large enough as it is! Any suggestions? xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.