Conor's Weight-Loss Diary

Conor, welcome back to ww. I've read all the previous posts, and I got some inspiration from you. You did really well the first time round, and you will do it again.

Keep it up, with encouragement from each other, we will get through those hard times x

Yayyy another Brummie! Welcome back and good luck! :)

Yes, good luck with the weigh in tomorrow :D Seems like you are very motivated with the exercise as well, just the thought of an exercise bike brings me out in a cold sweat :eek: Will check in tomorrow to see how you get on

Good Luck with weigh in! :)

Lost 2.5 pounds. Neither happy nor annoyed witht that one. My bestie came home from uni this weekend, so we had a chinese. I had half portions of everything, but I still shouldn't have been naughty! Am going to up the exercise and stick religiously to my points this week, as want a 4 pound loss next week! Hope you're all well! x

Hey folks,

So here I am again. Back at WW for the third time. Funnily enough, I've lost 4.5 pounds since I was there last. Think it must be the stress of final year at uni making me lose it. Was just presuming I would have put on a stone(ish).

Can I just ask, am I the only person who is a bit unhappy with the pro points system? It's far too complicated. The wheel is just ridiculous. Is it a ploy to make people buy the calculators? I know most regulars at my meeting have. Surely they're a bit worried about people defecting to SW? Also, I honestly don't know how I'm going to eat all my pro points every day. My allowance is 53 a day. 53!!! I had I think 32 on the old system, and I know it's probably the same amount of food, but it just feels like so much more!

I'm going to give it a go, as obviously they've changed it for a reason, but if I have the same weight loss as I did with regular points, I'm going back to that. I know most people at my meet are still using the old system, and don't want to change!

I have my first weigh-in back tonight, and not sure if I will have lost much at all, as am still getting my head around this, but will let you know how I get on. Got to hold myself accountable!

i'm on my first week on ppp after doing discover for the past few months,,have to admit,,the first day i hated it,,now i'm getting into the swing of it i'm quite liking it,,although my weighing scales aren't showing any loss,,good luck with the wi tonight!!

I think PP does take a wee bit of getting used to, and it's not right for everybody, but I really think it's worth giving it a good shot. I absolutely love it- zero point fruit is genius!! I have had losses that equal or better my losses on Discover, and I also feel that I'm eating a lot more healthily. I loved Discover, but I love Pro Points even more!
The thing I think to do is just put Discover out of your head- no point thinking, oh this was only 2 points, but now it's twice that! They are different plans and work in different ways. I think if you approach it that way and give it a good shot, you'll come to really enjoy it :) Good luck with your first weigh-in back!

crooked smile did you go straight from discover to pro pints??this is my first week of doing it and very worried that i wont lose:(

Have to say that I never took to the Discover programme at all. Loved the one that they had back in 2002 - white books with pics of fruit on them. But I have to say Day 4 on Propoints and I am liking it. Am on 36 points but find I am not using the points all up. Great that fruit is 0 points. Think that you can eat more normally and consider it a DIET as such.

crooked smile did you go straight from discover to pro pints??this is my first week of doing it and very worried that i wont lose:(

I fell off the wagon for a week inbetween discover and propoints, didn't really do either. So had a very naughty week and gained. Then my first loss on PP was 6 pounds. So some of it was easy to lose in a way because it wasn't a "real" gain yet, but it was also just cos PP is great. Just follow the plan and I'm sure you'll lose :)

Back