Consent

MadamDotty

Back again!
Did anyone watch this. It was on over the weekend, I recorded it on Sky and have just watched it. It made very powerful viewing I thought and really shows how incredibly difficult it can be to try a rape case, when it really just comes down to her word against his.

To begin with I believed the woman and that she had been raped, but then during the trial I wasn't so certain, I still believed her, but didn't disbelieve the man, so I ended up not knowing who to believe. I think had I been on the jury I would have had to found the man not guilty because I couldn't be certain enough to find him guilty.

I won't spoil the end in case anyone hasn't watched it, but the end did come as a bit of a surprise.

Good programme though.

Did not believe her, then I did and then towards the end I didn't, so if I were a juror he would of got off ....

It was very chilling. Felt very uncomfortable after watching it and it took me ages to get to sleep that night and the next.

Love Mini xxx

Yeah I watched it, I thought he had done it but wasn't soo sure, didnt like him much tho thought he was a bit creepy!

I was suprised at the ending too.... :eek:

Yeah I watched it, I thought he had done it but wasn't soo sure, didnt like him much tho thought he was a bit creepy!

I was suprised at the ending too.... :eek:

Hi Geri,

I know, I found him real creepy as well:rolleyes: But...she did ask him to her room and it did look very cozy on the surveillance cameras in the hall before they went into the hotel bedroom.

Then there was the facts that she seemed at first more concerned about her promotion and him getting level pegging with her, even though she was longer there...

Ahh but Mini,
she didn't ask him to her room, he followed her! remember she just went to change her shoes, mind you she should have shut the door - hindsight a great thing eh!

I think she did want him to begin with & was quite happy with him coming into the room, but then he upset her with his comment & that's when she wanted to stop.

No, it looked like she wanted him there and was up for it until he said what he said.:eek:

Why did she take so long to report what had happened to her?

I don't know but maybe she was just hoping it would all go away, if she'd reported it straight away it would make it all seem real.

I think it must have been a feeling of not knowing what to do & not wanting to believe what had happened.

That's my take anyway

Her creditability went down hill when she waited to tell her boss immediately upon hearing about the promotion.

It did look like she was blackening his name because she was not happy with her bosses decision.

Can someone PM me the result please - didn't get to see it but heard about it and would like to know what they decided in the end. Thanks ;)

Back