Considering a solitary day off...

BlueGem

... but am feeling guilty for even considering it!

Today (Tuesday 31 Jan) is day 19 of my first ever attempt at CWP. I'm on SS. As at my WI last Saturday (day 16) I had lost 13lbs.

This coming Saturday (day 23) is a good friend's 30th birthday. She's organised a lunch for some of her closest friends and then in the evening we'll all be going out in town. I'm tempted to have a break from the diet for the lunch (I'll stick to a one-course meal and (hopefully) a solitary glass of wine) but then back on it thereafter (so back to my shakes and water for the evening).

Thinking about this makes me feel both guilty and nervous. Guilty for coming off-plan. Nervous about: (a) eating proper food (even if I do only have a chicken salad); and (b) getting back on-plan.

What should I do? :confused:

I did this last week (so no WI results until tomorrow) and I won't let myself feel guilty for it!
As long as you see it as a treat and stick to the foods from the 810 plan you should be fine.
Good luck! X

Only you can decide what to do, its a tough decision. Try not to see food as a treat, as this is often how we have got ourselves into this situation. If you decide to go ahead and have a day off make wise choices, like you suggested Chicken salad, however I would steer clear of the wine, apparently clear spirits with a tonic water is a better alcholic choice if you do want a drink. (dont take my word for it though)
As for getting back on plan it should be easy enough if you are sensible on your planned day off. Good luck xxx

Yes I agree to not see it as a treat and if you do go you need to keep a certain focus and not go crazy and indulge! This may end up being the end of your willpower to carry on if you binge. Go into it knowing you are going to be going straight back on the diet and not get so drunk you want to have a bacon sandwich the next day to cure a hangover! I have been there and done that on my first attempt with Cambridge! I am now on my second attempt and am trying now to focus 100%

It is true clear spirits with tonic do have less calories compared to wine BUT you are in ketosis and any amount of alcohol is very dangerous to your health. Will anyone really be bothered if you say I can't I'm on antibiotics or go for a sparkling water with ice and lemon and IF anyone asked it's a G&T!

A chicken salad will not hurt just class it as a SS+ or 810 day plan.

Thanks everyone. Have to say that I'm leaning towards not doing the lunch and just going out in the evening (on water and shakes). Am doing so well and don't want to come off the rails or end up drinking too much and passing out as a result of ketosis. Thankfully I have a very understanding friend who doesn't have an issue with this at all.

I have tried SS many times and I can say I have never had the willpower I had the first time round. Wish I'd just stuck at it then and not had a day off for anything x

Back