Considering changing my target

Becca Wecca

skinny minny here I come!
My target is currently set at 10 stone 7, but taking my height into account it will still put me in the overweight range slightly. I have been considering moving it lover to 9stone 7... But i'm scared!! I've been overweight since early teens and really cant recall being this weight like ever!!! I cant get over feeling it's too unrealistic for me. Did anyone else feel like this? and if so how did you get over it!?!

I think that you've got plenty of time to make a decision on this and get used to the idea as you've still got some way to go. When you've been overweight for any length of time it can be very difficult to see yourself as anything else. Why not wait until you're a bit closer to it and see how you feel in your body? You don't have to set your target just now.

dont worry about it, you may get near and decide it is too low for your frame, im thinking 10st6 as i need a healthy bmi for a water birth for another baby, not sure if my frame will take it

as long as you are happy forget anything else!!

laura x

I set my target at about half a stone heavier than perhaps I'd ideally like to be. However, it's at a weight that I believe I can get to and targets must be realistic and achievable. My plan is to get to target or close to it and then decide whether I really want/need that extra half stone to go.

For what it's worth, Becca I think you should stick with your current target and then review it when you get closer to that target and see how you feel about yourself then. Good luck anyway! :)

I agree with all of the above, you've still got a bit to go to your target, so stick at it and when you are there redecide, you'll know yourself whats feels right and is healthy. Keep it up tho!

I also agree. Stick to the plan and decide when you are closer to target.

I agree - theres no rush to change your target. You'll know whats right when you get there. I've set mine at 11-7 even though I've got 10 stone something in my head as that was my younger weight. BUT that was 15 years and 3 kids ago!! I dont want to trade a thin body for a wrinkly face but I'll know whats right when I reach it.

Back