considering starting the diet... how much will it cost for a weekly shop?

Tanya c

Hi all,

am thinking of starting the Dukan diet, how much will the cost of shopping be for a week?

Have a budget for about £300 for about a month.... will this cover it?

Thanks x

Hi and welcome

I spend about £35-40 per week (just buying for me).

There's a good thread on here somewhere about doing dukan on a budget / as cheaply as possible - try a search for it :)

Hi, I spend about £70 on my weekly shop but that's for me, my bf and my son so I'm sure you'll be fine! It's a great diet, so easy and u get to eat loads of lovely stuff u should definitely got for it!

I find it will definitely make a difference if you go to a decent sized supermarket and go for things like large bags of frozen chicken breasts, frozen fish etc. I find that saves me loads.

I get the Morrisons value frozen chicken breasts. You get 6 in a bag for £4. I agree Jade they taste lovely and so much cheaper and more practical than buying fresh.

Thanks guys! I defo will be starting monday then! after pay day on friday! probably will cook the DUKAN way for my partner and he can prob add the carbs... really looking forward to starting now xx

It costs me about ~£35 a week for me and my boyfriend's foods. He's willing to eat Dukan food but I give him rice if I have a curry for example. My yoghurt, cottage cheese, frozen chicken breasts etc is all ASDA Smart Price so it keeps the price down. The only big cost is a decent steak, and that's not even for me!.

I'll find and bump up the thread ref offers etc and each time anyone spots an offer on an OK Dukan product, post them on that thread and it'll help everyone.

I tend to check the online brochures before going shopping, and then write my list and menus for following week from what is on offer!

Some say the diet is expensive, because it's the dearer cuts of meat we're allowed, but remember that you'll not be buying any booze, choc, fruit etc during the week! An amazing saving!

Some say the diet is expensive, because it's the dearer cuts of meat we're allowed, but remember that you'll not be buying any booze, choc, fruit etc during the week! An amazing saving!

True this - my overall food bills went down a little, because I was no longer snacking at pret.

MY food bill also went down. Brought alot of the 3 packs of meat for a tenner from tesco etc, and froze it. Lasts ages!!!

Food bill rises a little but you're not having extras (takeaway, coffee and cake in a café, etc), so overall you should be saving.:D

I also found that I was throwing much less away - a.) because I was forced to plan what I was going to eat, day by day, b.) because unlimited means unlimited c.) because I was actually eating eating the veggies and salad instead of opening the fridge, looking at them, deciding I was too tired to cook and getting a take-away.

Back