Consolidation CONSO COMPLETED, DIARY CLOSED

And to further complicate matters, my soupspoon is FAR smaller than my tablespoon... and I've always had two of my soupspoons not tablespoons, cos that's what my book says! I s'pose I should weigh it... but doubt my scales are *that* accurate

I agree with you Jo,

there is confusion about the oatbran. In the book it clearly states 2 Tb for Conso. On the official Uk site they say:

How much oat bran for my phase?
1.5 Tbsp / day on attack
2 Tbsp / day on cruise
2.5 Tbsp / day on consolidation
3 Tbsp / day on stabilization
Food guide, healthy nutrition, oat bran: Pierre Dukan diet
and on the french Dukanaute (which is not an official site) they say 3 'soup spoons'(cs):
La phase de consolidation - Recettes Dukan pour régime hyper protéiné du Dr Dukan
For Attack they say 1.5 cs
Cruise 2 cs

So I have stuck with 2, + 1 wheat which is officially only 'in case of constipation' but on this diet I think that's automatic! :eek:

I should post pictures of my (UK ) soup-and table spoons. If I'd have to have soup spoon I'd CRY! Why can't he give volume measures (ie 15 ml = one of my TB) AT LEAST. Anyway I got away with using my Tablespoons & losing enough weight so that's not a poblem.

Then there's the level or heaped question (level the website says, heaped my brain always does!).

I work on the assumption that, since the oatbran isn't digestible, we get rid of it... hence it doesn't matter unduly if we've a little too much or too little... leastwise not the small fluctuation from a spoon.

Robin... so Conso from tomorrow... can we hear about your plans for your first GALA MEAL?

Wow Anja I'll be dreaming about that site now, the picodons on there are my favourites! I'll be having some tomorrow (tiny piece 'cos high in fat, but so much flavour, yum).

Erm, first gala meal? I am really wanting some dried fruit, so (very boringly) I think it will be real porridge (ie oats not oatbran) cooked with dried fruit but will keep the skimmed milk as an effort to be good. So gala at breakfast time:eek:.

(I would make fruit cake but that would be overdoing it;).)

So anyway, probably have that on Sunday, then portion of pasta midweek before PP day on Thursday.

As for tbs - ours are huge (inherited from husband's grandparents) but I do make sure they're pretty level by shaking off the excess. They're 15 ml ones, I checked;).

Mmmh nice creamy porridge! Sounds lovely, my kids have that nearly every morning in the winter (their choice), but with a dollop of jam or honey...

My weakness is Rice Pudding, there's some for the kids cooking in the slow cooker at the moment in an attempt to save some money, so I think I may have some of that for dessert tomorrow instead.

Your TB sound like mine, also heirlooms (my gran's wedding) and yes I checked too, exactly 15ml level but I'm not restrained enough not to heap them a little!

Now that I've got the first rush of "I can have cheese" out of my system I can investigate having smaller amounts of something more exciting than boring cheddar & gouda :)

aperitif + starter + main + dessert + wine = errr porridge?

aperitif + starter + main + dessert + wine = errr porridge?

Haha! I know!

BUT, I will also have a banana (which isn't allowed) and lots of dried fruit (apricots, raisins and dates - not allowed either) in my porridge. So I reckon that's 'bad' enough to be considered a full meal. In fact, it's carb overload which I may regret;).

Added to which, husband is going to join me on PV days 6/7 with PP on a Thursday but not go full conso yet so don't want to tempt him.

The real celebration for me is having bread/cheese on my daily menus and looking forward to crunching an apple tomorrow morning too!

Oh I cannot wait for conso... I love fruit and cheese... Mmmmm

Good luck and enjoy x

First day of conso! (PV with extras:D) Cold is much better, so can actually taste things today!

B - Dukan porridge made with water and small amount yogurt and ginger
L - hard boiled eggs, spinach with white sauce (skimmed milk, arrowroot, mustard), apple
D - pork steaks with spicy tomato/yogurt sauce, veg of some sort, bread and picodon cheese!
S - fromage blanc

hi laura good luck to ur 1st day on conso ,glad ur feeling a bit better !!!!!!!!!!

Conso day 2 - PV

B - proper porridge with apricots and raisins and a banana afterwards (gala meal:eek:)
L - grated carrots with yogurt/mustard dressing and omelette with green salad
D - chicken and veg casserole, bread and cheese
S - orange and dukan cake

Hello there Robin,

How are you? Are you feeling "hungrier" than before at all? Any cravings which weren't there before?

Hope you enjoyed your porridge! It's true that we all have our own particular tastes (and I have seen some go to MacDo for their first gala meal - which is equally incomprehensible to me!!)

Hello there Robin,

How are you? Are you feeling "hungrier" than before at all? Any cravings which weren't there before?

Hope you enjoyed your porridge! It's true that we all have our own particular tastes (and I have seen some go to MacDo for their first gala meal - which is equally incomprehensible to me!!)

McDo is the bane of my life, the kids love it. I drag myself there about once every 6-8 weeks to keep them happy. They're becoming more choosy though and would rather go for an ice cream instead of a whole meal (the ice cream is OK, but then I'm not a fan of that either).

I love my porridge, used to have it every morning (except in summer when too hot) and I know I'm going to miss it again in winter. I did feel overly full afterwards though.

I felt a bit bloated the first couple of days but am fine now. Am really enjoying having veg with both meals and fruit has never tasted so good. The cheese is lovely too. I think I'd happily eat like that for the rest of my life. I'm not looking forward to the bloated feeling after the pasta but will have some anyway.

That's really great to read Robin... It's true that I really appreciate (a little too much perhaps) fruit now that it was taken from me for so long. I can no longer foresee stopping it again ever. So my Dukaning days will always be a little strange henceforth!

Laura sounds like conso is suiting you xxx

Wow that porridge sounds so yummy, I think we are porridge twins, I always have ginger on mine and used to have apricots in mine in the winter.
Glad you are finding it good. I havent really read any of the conso bit yet, I'm happy with what I am eating now, I dont want to tempt my self with what will come :)

hi laura , it does sound like ur very happy in conso hope to be joining u soon !!!!!!

Hi Laura,

finally I get time to do some catching up....
looks like you're doing great! Glad you enjoyed your first Celebration Meal! I must do that some time - have a different breakfast (mmmhh proper muesli with dried fruit - exactly!)
Your menus look delicious. All that extra veg does make life more interesting doesn't it!

Morning!

Conso with pasta today:eek:. PP tomorrow so hope that will sort out bloating.

B - Dukan porridge and an orange
L - pork steaks with mustard/fromage blanc sauce and spinach and a small portion of pasta
D - vegetable soup, smoked salmon scrambled eggs
S - bread and cheese

I've been very lucky, conso has come at just the right moment because I need soup when it's cold outside. The extra vitamins from the fruit won't go wrong either!

hey laura nice to see ur doing well and im going to make some chicken soup i got the recipe off sona but i havent got round to it yet !!!!!!!!!!!!

Back