Consolidation CONSO COMPLETED, DIARY CLOSED

I like the sound of your menu... good luck with the pasta... the official dose is quite a bit, but I think you're right just having a little the first time and see how you get on. (I of course weighed it out to the nearest gramme and ate it all... thinking to myself that I was "allowed" it...)

Hey I like your menu! Enjoy the pasta too, you've earned it. I treated my spinach as 'pasta' when I had that on Sunday night :)
Ah yes PP tomorrow - I have saved some of my meatballs from yesterday but what else? I find I'm eating less eggs now in general, not relying on them as much as a protein when not allowed Veg. But I think that's going to have to be my fallback for Thursdays!

I was always delighted to "fall back" on salmon and prawns etc for Conso PP lunches at work...

hope your pasta went ok ...think i would struggle with that

hope your pasta went ok ...think i would struggle with that

I didn't enjoy it:eek:. My head's all over the place, the stress is setting in and I'll see an increase on the scales on Friday. I can't get worked up about it though, not much I can do.

No real update on my Mum, they are trying to get the right dose of pain relief for her - scan not done yet (well wasn't done at 6 pm) although apparently it will be done this afternoon. Have been told to just have one family member phoning as it ties up the nurses:mad:. Well, yes, but it's the only way we can get direct info. My Auntie will do the phoning (she's down as next of kin) but she's not very good at getting info out of people so we'll only get half the story. Déjà vu. Fabulous.:cry:My poor Mum:(.

aww Laura hun doesnt seem that long back that she was in there ...praying shes ok for you last thing you need xxx

I didn't enjoy it:eek:. My head's all over the place, the stress is setting in and I'll see an increase on the scales on Friday. I can't get worked up about it though, not much I can do.

No real update on my Mum, they are trying to get the right dose of pain relief for her - scan not done yet (well wasn't done at 6 pm) although apparently it will be done this afternoon. Have been told to just have one family member phoning as it ties up the nurses:mad:. Well, yes, but it's the only way we can get direct info. My Auntie will do the phoning (she's down as next of kin) but she's not very good at getting info out of people so we'll only get half the story. Déjà vu. Fabulous.:cry:My poor Mum:(.

awww laura i really feel for u and ur mum ,and all i can offer are my hugs ,im sorry !!!!!!!!!!!!

PP today

B - savoury galette (egg white only) with fromage blanc and ham
L - omelette, crab sticks
D - fish with prawns

Still hanging around waiting for news:(. Am hoping no news means they're not in a hurry to scan my Mum which means they're not worried (rather than the NHS having limited resources and having nobody available to do it). My husband had severe abdo pain a couple of years ago, the GP said it was scar adhesions (he had peritonitis about 20 years ago - my husband not the GP!) and that he may get severe pain now and again. He's only had it once. I really, really hope this is what my Mum has and that she's home soon (she has enough scar tissue - inside and out - so it's possible).

Laura - do hope she ok hon xxx

Catching up... I'm with you Robin...

Oh Laura I am thinking of you and your Mum. It must be extra hard for you being over there when she is over here.
<big hug>

Thanks all.

Not great news really. My Mum has been transferred to ITU via High Dependency for closer monitoring. She's to have an op this afternoon, she has an infected kidney/s and needs a stent fitted. She is unconscious and ventilated although neither of my Aunts know if that has been induced or not. We've been here before, they are worse than crap at giving out information although I can understand they have to cover their backs (patient confidentiality and all that) but just wish someone would say in plain English what was going on.

She really doesn't need this. She has had repeated UTIs (and antibiotics which don't do much but she's had so many over the past months and years that I'm not surprised) so think it may have come from those although she's done what she can to avoid them.

Oh Hon im so sorry, sounds awful. Can you get over to see her and speak to the docs yourself?

Just had another phone call. Rapid deterioration, operation been cancelled. Nothing more they can do.:cry:

OH honey im so so sorry. big hugs to you :( oh that is such terrible news babe xxxx thoughts are with you xxxx

My Mum died this afternoon. Will be away for a while now, need to get flights/husband's work leave sorted and get over there.:cry:

awwwwwwwww sweetheart ,i need to give u so mega big hugs ,im so so sorry ... !!!!!!! just remember ur mum will be so so proud of u !!!!!!!!!

Oh Laura hun I am so sorry for your loss
take care of yourself and your family
xxxxxxx

Back