Consolidation CONSO COMPLETED, DIARY CLOSED

Oh Laura - I am so sorry. I wish you a safe journey... and will be thinking of you all at this terrible time. (If there's anything I can do, don't hesitate to ask...)

Oh Laura Im so so sorry xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx have a safe journey back and will be thinking of you xxxx

Laura big hugs xxx

Your in my thoughts. Lots of love xxx B

Oh Laura (((((()))))) I am so so sorry to hear such sad news. It seems a small consolation, but she has no more pain now, no tests, operations etc, shes had such a bad time this last while hasnt she?
If theres anything at all you need help with.
Thinking of you all xxx

I'm so sorry Laura - will be thinking of you all.

hey sweetheart just another message to say thinking of u at this sad time take care !!!!

I thought of Robin this weekend... I wonder how long she'll be over in the UK. Over here, funerals happen pretty quickly but I know that's not the case in the UK...

Anyway, my thoughts are with you Robin

Back home, emotionally and physically drained. Will be back on here properly soon (and will try to remember to weigh myself on Friday).

Not really Dukan-friendly happenings so will refrain from noting them here.

Glad to think of you back home in your country haven Robin... and, while we'll be thrilled to see you, don't feel you have to stay away if you're not dieting yet. And don't feel you have to diet!

And if any of that makes sense, welcome back...

Welcome back and get a good rest! Seconded what Jo said. Always happy to listen & chat about anything! There are more important things in life than diet...

Welcome back, Thirded on the diet stuff just nice to have you back x

Big fat hugs from me to ((((())))) been thinking of you all week xx

Oh well, husband did the shopping on his way home from work yesterday, so looks like the diet is back on for both of us! I'm not that interested in cooking, etc just now so I'll eat what he makes, both on PP day today. Omelette for lunch - the kids won't be happy!

Last week, we were with my brother and his family so we all ate the same (although we had our Dukan porridge each morning, that probably saved us). There was a whisky or two every other night too as I didn't sleep very well without:eek: (that's not good though, will definitely not make that a habit - hence the every other night). Oh and my eldest bought me a Crunchie at Glasgow airport. I didn't really want it (not cold enough for chocolate yet) but nobody else in the family seems to like them and it was a lovely gesture from him, so I ate it. He won't buy me any more because we can't get them here!

Husband weighed himself and has put on a bit less than a kilo (but since he'd lost 9 or 10, it's not a big deal). I will try and remember and weigh myself tomorrow when I get up. Clothes don't feel any different, so don't think much damage done - probably the same as husband, although he drank more whisky than I did and deserves to have put on more:p.

Still tired, but feeling a bit more positive today. Knowing how much my Mum went through, it's good that there will be no more pain for her and the lady that cleaned her house (and much more, lovely lady) told me that she wasn't as well latterly as she'd had us believe so it really is a blessing for her. We just have to get used to the void, I suppose.

Laura - i cant imagine how hard it must be for you. we are all here to help you get through this horrid time. I bet with all the stress etc you may have even lost x

massive hugs to you Laura xxx
hope that the void is filled with happier memories before too long .....
you know where we are if you need to chat
take care and im sure the the diet will be no problem to resume when your ready , im sure if everything fits you will be great xxxxx

Robin, how I feel for you...

This was read at my Mum's funeral, and has comforted me many times since. I can take it off if you don't want it in your diary and I'll understand, of course, but I'm posting with the best intentions:

"I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength, and I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come down to meet and mingle with each other.

Then some one at my side says, "There! She's gone!" Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all.

She is just as large in the mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side, and just as able to bear her load of living freight to the place of her destination. Her diminished size is in me, and not in her.

And just at that moment, when some one at my side says, "There! she's gone!" there are other eyes that are watching for her coming and other voices ready to take up the glad shout, "There she comes!" And that is—dying.—"

I am standing upon that foreshore...

And the debate as to who actually wrote that is interesting in the link!

Last edited:
Jo that is wonderful xxxx

Isn't it beautiful... I'll put some carriage returns in to make it easier to read

Back