Consolidation CONSO COMPLETED, DIARY CLOSED

Well I have had some toffee sauce on the go for two hours now. I have put it in a small pudding basin and have covered with foil and am steaming gently; it looks as though it is heading in the right direction!!

Well I have had some toffee sauce on the go for two hours now. I have put it in a small pudding basin and have covered with foil and am steaming gently; it looks as though it is heading in the right direction!!

Oh cool! Let us know ho you get on - I'm also thinking of a repeat experiment with reduced cooking time in the pressure cooker. (wrong diary, I know!)

Laura, hope you're having a good 11.11 and not too much rushing around.

Oh cool! Let us know ho you get on - I'm also thinking of a repeat experiment with reduced cooking time in the pressure cooker. (wrong diary, I know!)

Laura, hope you're having a good 11.11 and not too much rushing around.

Took about 4 1/2 hours and didn't go hard. Was a bit stodgy so whizzed it up with a bit more milk - delicious. All done cooked in a pudding basin in a pan of water. Thanks Anja.

Hi Laura, hope your day has been kind to you, hope you manage to sort your sleep out xxx

Morning all!

Had a decent sleep last night, getting better all the time.

PV conso today.
B - apple and porridge
L - pork with fromage blanc/mustard, green beans
D - veg soup, smoked salmon scrambled eggs
S - bread and cheese

Glad to hear it (about sleep). The wind kept me awake last night - we sleep in the loft and when it's windy it can get quite howling... Or when it's raining hard (not at the moment though)

Hope the sun shines for you today!

SNAP about the mustard sauce :)

Morning!

Managed a lie-in until 8.30 until some twat from EDF phoned trying to get me to install panels on my roof (again for the 1000th time). I told him we rented and the owner wouldn't agree to it (again). I also told him he wasn't the first to call and could he tell his colleagues to leave us alone. I hate cold callers (and it's usually from these people).

We have a party tonight (a couple of hours away) and it carries on until tomorrow afternoon. So, could be a disaster!

Plan is to make galettes for breakfast tomorrow morning. Tonight will probably be buffet with cold meats, fish, salads, so that should be fine. I'll have a tiny bit of cheese/bread and not have the cake (not bothered about it anyway:eek:). Then tomorrow (going on past experiences of ongoing parties with this family) it will be roast beef and lamb (they always do 2 roasts) and gratin dauphinois. So I reckon tomorrow lunchtime will be my celebration meal for the week. That is, unless, there are no cooking facilities but I doubt that (they've hired an ex-school so everyone sleeps there - no problems with driving, etc). The evening once we're home, we'll have an omelette probably (preparation and cooking time - 2 minutes) and get the kids to bed as they have school obviously on the Monday.

So, we'll see how it goes. I'm looking forward to having a night out, it will clear the cobwebs a bit:) and then tomorrow have a gossipy catch-up with all the friends there, always good!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Back from a fab party:). Everyone had a great time, kids were able to play out all day today (19°:D) and we had uninterrupted meals as they had their own wee dining-room.

Food-wise, not too bad (not too good either though;)).

Last night -
Pre-dinner - 2 glasses of champagne/whole raspberries/cane sugar combo (I don't usually like sweet drinks but this was good). Probably a bit more than Dukan would like so bad
Only had the veggie nibbly stuff - celeriac with prawns, beetroot with apple - good
salmon, prawns, roast pork, pumpkin/squash gratin (didn't eat the topping) - good
Too much cheese (but it was lovely) and a large slice of bread (wholemeal though!) (I didn't have any today to make up for it, so hopefully OK)
Didn't have pudding/cake (youngest decided it was time for bed anyway;) but I couldn't have eaten anything else) and drank about 2 litres of water - good

Today
Breakfast - galette and lots of tea and coffee - good, then a slice of home-made chocolate chip cake (not so good) and lots of tea and water until lunch

Pre-lunch - glass of champagne
Lunch - prawns and cauli florets (and I resisted the dip that went with it) - good
roast beef, rabbit - good
Small slice of birthday cake - not good, but it was home-made so could have been worse. Lots of water though;
Evening - not hungry. Bowl of fromage blanc and an apple.

So mixed bag, think I'll treat this weekend as my celebration meal and draw a line under it. We'll see how bad it was on Friday but I really don't care (not that you'd think that as I wrote it all down, but that's for reference purposes because I forget really quickly, waffle, waffle) because it was such a tonic and I'm so glad we went.:D

wow Laura sounds like a brill weekend !!!!
hope your conso copes im sure it will

hey there laura gald u enjoyed the party and the food sounds lovley yum yum !!!!!!!

Morning!

Wet, windy, cold here. Not very nice. Need to go food shopping too:(.

PV conso + carbs

B - porridge and apple
L - scotch broth (soup mix with home-made beef stock - from the freezer - and veg and pieces of beef in the soup)
S - 2 rice cakes and cheese
D - ham and mushroom omelette

Sounds good - I see you are branching into alternative carbs too now...

A

ooh scotch broth, yum

Haggis broth?

(I have a dozen haggis in the freezer waiting. Need to sort out a date with - numerous - friends to get them scoffed).

PP today

B - porridge
L - white fish with prawns in white/mustard sauce
D - smoked salmon/fromage blanc, omelette

Never heard of Haggis broth. No haggis for me this time, I do love it though.

Back