Consolidation CONSO COMPLETED, DIARY CLOSED

That's lovely, Jo. I know that my Mum is with my Dad now (he died almost 3 1/2 years ago) because she saw him in March when she was very ill (we were all sent for). He wouldn't speak to her though (she was most annoyed!) so it obviously wasn't her time then (although the sceptics said she was just hallucinating). I'm sure that he was there for her two weeks ago and no doubt will have said something:).

That is a lovely thought too... although they're out of our sight, there are people welcoming them... people they knew perhaps... new people also... I like to think in those terms.

Very beautiful x

Robin/Laura you are in my thoughts and I do wish you lots of special memories of both your parents. xx

Bren

Didn't sleep too well last night (should have had some whisky:p) and had too much time to dwell.

Didn't do PP yesterday after all, so conso PV today and PP will wait until next Thursday.

B - oatbran porridge and a tangerine
L - fish and green beans, egg custard
D - chicken and ratatouille, bread and cheese
S -hard boiled egg white

morning laura nice to see u back ,i do hope all went has well has it could and i send all my hugs for u and ur family !!!!

jo wot a lovley verse ( i didnt read it all has i was in tears ) !!!!!!!!

Oh Jo that is a beautiful read.
Laura (((())))) glad you are back now, I am sure your dad will have said something to your mum this time.
We went to visit an old relation of Dhs when I was pg with sandy I think I was having a scan, as the old man was in hospital, and he said to dh " oh your mother came to see me yesterday". We knew then we wouldnt see him alive again, Dhs mother has been dead for 30 years, but it was comforting to know where he was going and who he is with.

Feeling better today, no more excess carbs in my body!

Went to see husband's parents yesterday, they're both lovely but have started talking about it 'being their turn next'. I suppose that's natural (although not nice), my Mum's death was a big shock for them and they are both a lot older than she was (but their health is decent - just the usual 'old-age' ailments). Husband has gone there to finish the DIY he started yesterday and we're off to see a friend.

On an aside, we came back home on Wednesday to find Christmas cards/gift tags from my Mum in the letter box. She had already sorted presents out with me. I did think at the time that it was a bit early to be bothering about Christmas presents (even by her standards - her card was always the first to arrive, so no change there!) but I'm convinced she knew that she was near the end and wanted to have everything ready (organised was her middle name;)). So I'll need to put them somewhere safe for the next month and a half.

Food all prepared (spag bol for the kids, chicken and cardoon for us - fussy children won't eat that) so a lazy Sunday afternoon for us. Some homework to be checked but nothing else urgent.

Welcome home - good to see you back Laura.
x

Aww how strange she was getting everything ready so early (((())))

What's cardoon Laura??

How lovely Robin finding that... I hope your weekend was ok...

Aww how strange she was getting everything ready so early (((())))

What's cardoon Laura??

It looks like long stalks of celery but tastes completely different. It's a love/hate thing. I love it (but hate preparing it - takes ages, so I usually buy it in jars:eek:, tastes as good as fresh. However, husband's lovely parents gave us some already prepared and cooked).

This is it!

Thanks everyone for all thoughts and wishes. I feel OK this morning (the sun is shining but it's cold). I spent last evening looking at my parents' wedding album, mainly looking at my Mum's hands (which were normal, nice hands then). I can't remember a time when she didn't have knobbly joints - thanks RA:mad: - and pain of some sort.

Anyway, PV conso with pasta today

B - porridge and apple
L - ravioles (pasta and cheese in one) with some ham mixed in and a green salad with hardboiled egg white
D - tomato soup with bread, omelette

Hi Jet!

I'm not so bad, feel tired a lot (I fall asleep easily but wake for whatever reason and then just doze, so I'm obviously not getting enough kip) and lack motivation compared to my usual self, but I'll get there.

Rain today, cold too so not great for a Wednesday (when the youngest two don't have school). Still, the fire is lit and we don't have to go out until 4 pm (by which time it may have stopped, fingers crossed) so am going to enjoy a lazy day with them (or morning at least, because there will be homework to supervise this pm).

PV conso

B - dukan porridge with cinnamon
L - veg soup, smoked salmon, hard boiled egg whites, orange
D - pork steaks and mushrooms with mustard/fromage blanc sauce, green beans
S - bread and cheese

Hope you have an ok weekend, Robin... does your village "do" anything for the 11th?

Well, we have 2 villages in our commune, so 2 churches and 2 ceremonies so we go to 'our' one (husband's great grandfather and his brother both killed in WWI so they are both named on the monument) although in theory we could do both (well M le Maire manages).

Sadly, the restaurant/bar closed here, so now we have no commerces. We used to go for a drink afterwards, now we just go home (or go to someone else's for a drink...).

School and work as normal on Friday though. Husband also working Saturday morning, then it's off somewhere between St Etienne and Lyon for a 24 hr 60th birthday party (but we have to be back here for school on Monday:( although husband has day off). Having said that, as he's Dukanning it, he'll probably restrain himself.

We've to drive 10km to find a restaurant... nothing in our village... and, worse still, since the gendarmes are EVERYWHERE at the moment in our vicinity - and we were stopped last week for the first time EVER in France - the other half will have to drink water! haaa!

Morning!

Had a lie-in today (everyone did) but still feel tired, probably slept too much.

PP today

B - porridge
L - omelette, smoked salmon or tuna
D - beef stew with onions
S - fromage blanc

Back