Consolidation CONSO COMPLETED, DIARY CLOSED

robinhood

Gold Member
Hello all!

I've not started conso yet, but have done the prep (bread and cheese portions waiting in the freezer) while awaiting Saturday (day 1 of conso) and want to note down all the differences.

So...

- weigh-in on Friday instead of Thursday (will start that this week so have an extra day to lose the remaining weight:p)
- carry on with PV days but each day instead of alternate days (except Thursday PP).
- have a small portion of wm pasta per week (should be 200 gr but that's too much for me, at least to start with)
- have one celebration meal per week
- reintroduce lamb (have already had low-fat pork so will continue with that)
- try and keep protein levels at 1.5gr/kilo.
- (saved the best until last) have a small slice of bread and 40gr or so of cheese (more or less depending on fat content) and a piece of fruit every day except Thursday (PP day).

Last edited:
Errr...

- have 3 tbs of oatbran instead of 2 (yippee)

Where did you see this Robin? Hate to be a bringer of bad news, but it stays at 2 tablespoons until STABILISATION (p.132).

As for the lowering of protein quantities, it's true that by the end of one's time in Consolidation, it's good to aim for a more "normal" plate of food... but initially, when temptations can be rife and ketosis is long behind you, it's far better (as I used to be told) to rummage in the "Dukan basket" (ie protein!) than anywhere else...

Calories in Cruise are very low, and in Conso we did count up over a week, and they are STILL low for "normality"... and so gradually yes go for more normal plates, but initially I'd be dubious about cutting the protein down when you might be tempted by more bread or cheese, for instance.

slowly slowly catchee monkey... (Anja might say differently... I'm all ears...)

Errr...

Where did you see this Robin? Hate to be a bringer of bad news, but it stays at 2 tablespoons until STABILISATION (p.132).

As for the lowering of protein quantities, it's true that by the end of one's time in Consolidation, it's good to aim for a more "normal" plate of food... but initially, when temptations can be rife and ketosis is long behind you, it's far better (as I used to be told) to rummage in the "Dukan basket" (ie protein!) than anywhere else...

Calories in Cruise are very low, and in Conso we did count up over a week, and they are STILL low for "normality"... and so gradually yes go for more normal plates, but initially I'd be dubious about cutting the protein down when you might be tempted by more bread or cheese, for instance.

slowly slowly catchee monkey... (Anja might say differently... I'm all ears...)

Boooo! I must have noted that from phase IV then:sigh:. Thanks Jo, will go and amend.

(and I've frozen my bread and cheese, so no temptations there, will be one per day only).

OK, will keep protein levels up.

Thank you:).

ooh best of luck Laura !

oooh and the last of your points in your post (ref bread and fruit "every day"), I know you know it's every day except your PP Thursday!

;-)

oooh and the last of your points in your post (ref bread and fruit "every day"), I know you know it's every day except your PP Thursday!

Yes, I suppose I'd better change that too in case I mislead someone! (I'll still be having fruit on PP day though - rhubarb!)

oh good luck Laura xxxx

hmm... in Conso I wouldn't. Your PP day is your "lose water" day. You may find you do pick up a pound or more merely by PVing each day... so I'd definitely not want to lose the benefit of my PP personally. It's great that Anja's lost weight and seems to be eating well too... but often the first few weeks of Conso CAN result in an increase without actually being off plan. Hopefully not for you though Robin, but...

Up to you of course.

hmm... in Conso I wouldn't. Your PP day is your "lose water" day. You may find you do pick up a pound or more merely by PVing each day... so I'd definitely not want to lose the benefit of my PP personally. It's great that Anja's lost weight and seems to be eating well too... but often the first few weeks of Conso CAN result in an increase without actually being off plan. Hopefully not for you though Robin, but...

Up to you of course.

OK, miss;). I'll see how it goes. I don't suppose it's much sacrifice not to have rhubarb/fruit one day a week.

Good luck Laura!!!

hi there hunny ,ive just scanned the book again and it doesnt seem has complex has i dicussed with anju ,so im going to take pointers off u and anju and learn from these thank u!!

1. wot sort of bread will u be having ?
2. wot sort of cheese will u have ?

Hi Jet!

Dukan advises wholemeal bread so I'll have that (I like it, so no hardship). I've made some (will probably buy afterwards though) and portioned it into 40gr pieces.

As for cheese, I'll be having a huge variety. I love cheese! Depending on the fat content, I'll be having more or less of it (usually less, I am drawn to the high% stuff!) The local goats cheese here is gorgeous, I have it all portioned out in the freezer and have portioned a camembert too (which isn't so high in fat so have bigger portions).

thanks hunny ive not got a bread maker so im going to go with the wholemeal and im not sure about cheese yet ive got a while to go before im on conso !!!!!!!!!

Ooh good luck Laura, you lucky thing. Are you excited or finding it a bit scary?

Errr...

I agree with you Jo,

there is confusion about the oatbran. In the book it clearly states 2 Tb for Conso. On the official Uk site they say:

How much oat bran for my phase?
1.5 Tbsp / day on attack
2 Tbsp / day on cruise
2.5 Tbsp / day on consolidation
3 Tbsp / day on stabilization
Food guide, healthy nutrition, oat bran: Pierre Dukan diet
and on the french Dukanaute (which is not an official site) they say 3 'soup spoons'(cs):
La phase de consolidation - Recettes Dukan pour régime hyper protéiné du Dr Dukan
For Attack they say 1.5 cs
Cruise 2 cs

So I have stuck with 2, + 1 wheat which is officially only 'in case of constipation' but on this diet I think that's automatic! :eek:

Hi Jet!

Dukan advises wholemeal bread so I'll have that (I like it, so no hardship). I've made some (will probably buy afterwards though) and portioned it into 40gr pieces.

As for cheese, I'll be having a huge variety. I love cheese! Depending on the fat content, I'll be having more or less of it (usually less, I am drawn to the high% stuff!) The local goats cheese here is gorgeous, I have it all portioned out in the freezer and have portioned a camembert too (which isn't so high in fat so have bigger portions).

Hello, me again:

Are you sure about the Camenbert? Is that a special fat-reduced one? In the book he especially says we should have 'hard' cheese like cheddar or Gouda and leave the more gourmet ones till later. Sorry I'm at work can look it up in the book tonight.

I know it should be hard cheese, but apart from parmesan or emmental in cooking, I don't really eat hard cheese. He does say to alter portion sizes depending on fat content, so I've done that (ie higher fat, smaller piece of cheese). I'll carry on with the 0% yogurts to keep calcium levels up too.

However, if I gain weight, I'll adjust my plans.

omg thats heavenly!!!

Back