Conso - help please!

Thankyou charly and df for your lovely words x df you can do this i have never done a diet before without cheating but i can honestly say since starting dukan ive not cheated once - its not all been easy but the hard moments were just that - moments not long periods - just try to be prepared for them - if the family were having takeaway i would make sure id had a big meal before it arrived - i would always have a tin of "no drain" tuna in my handbag incase i needed it! Muffins were a lifesaver for me and ive hardly gone a day without them since i started - also if ever i was hungry i ate - even been known to eat at 11.00 at night!! In my mind it was better to go over your dairy allowance if hungry rather than risk having something naughty! Infact when i first started dukan i didnt realise dairy was limited and just ate what i wanted of ff dairy for a few months!! I probably got away with that cos i had so much to lose - I found the longer it was since i had crisps choc biscuits etc the less i craved them - and i dont think i will ever eat chocolate again! Before dukan i either dieted or binged there was no inbetween - this plan has taught me to be in control and completely changed my outlook on food x thanks for the info on bread anjuchka thats great - i will defo be giving those a try - your help has been greatly appreciated and i will probably have some more questions soon!! Thanks

Thankyou charly and df for your lovely words x df you can do this i have never done a diet before without cheating but i can honestly say since starting dukan ive not cheated once - its not all been easy but the hard moments were just that - moments not long periods - just try to be prepared for them - if the family were having takeaway i would make sure id had a big meal before it arrived - i would always have a tin of "no drain" tuna in my handbag incase i needed it! Muffins were a lifesaver for me and ive hardly gone a day without them since i started - also if ever i was hungry i ate - even been known to eat at 11.00 at night!! In my mind it was better to go over your dairy allowance if hungry rather than risk having something naughty! Infact when i first started dukan i didnt realise dairy was limited and just ate what i wanted of ff dairy for a few months!! I probably got away with that cos i had so much to lose - I found the longer it was since i had crisps choc biscuits etc the less i craved them - and i dont think i will ever eat chocolate again! Before dukan i either dieted or binged there was no inbetween - this plan has taught me to be in control and completely changed my outlook on food x thanks for the info on bread anjuchka thats great - i will defo be giving those a try - your help has been greatly appreciated and i will probably have some more questions soon!! Thanks

i would love to be able to turn my back on chocolate as i seriously love it sooooo much. who knows maybe one day i will!! one day lol x

Scooter, thank you. More motivation LOL.

I have done a number of diets before and have cheated at odd times because it never really made much difference. When we start a new diet we don't know the pitfalls and cheats and so we lose, then if we do have a hiccup and try to get back on the wagon it fails because we now know the cheats. This diet is allowing so much scope for food that we don't really feel as thou we are dieting apart from counting eggs/oatbran/dairy, I've only been hungry when in need of a meal, not because Ihaven't eaten much.

I did Attack week wihout realising that dairy was limited but still lost 7lb. This week I have counted every ml of dairy and to be honest I am well down, 500-700ml average so I guess if I just follow what i want to eat I doubt I wll be over in the week.

Good tips re having things in bags, like muffins. Only recipe I have at the moment is for vanilla moist cake and for goji muffins. But because they use oatbran I worry i would be going over my allowance. I don't mind the bread, microwave one. I actually slice it across and in half. It does two days and I make a ham and mushroom toastie. Also using it on PV days. Though I may find this my stand by food for visiting friends/family.

I'm a crisp aholic and have been quite good, I've not craved them once just yet. Only thing i really love and miss is jacket potatos. Am planning to cheat ever so slightly on my birthday next month and have one of my own home grown spuds for my tea....I don't want to miss out on my own produce :(

Hi Scooter! Your posts have give me so much hope that it is possible to change our mindsets as well as losing weight in the short term - massive pat on the back, you've done so well!

Good luck with conso. It's clearly tough but you are approaching it with the respect it seems to deserve. Keep us posted with how you're doing!

But most of, well done so far!!

:party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011:

Jx

Thank you x so far in conso i have just had the fruit the cheese and the bread - gonna add pasta soon but not quite ready to do the gala meal yet! I have cheese toastie for my supper - feels really naughty ;-) have to stay focused tho as people keep saying to me "you can eat what you want now you are at target" and i know thats not true - i am on stage 3 of the diet and probably the most challenging phase - i do still feel in control which i was worried i would lose when i tasted bread again! Im going on holiday soon to spain - all inclusive and im really quite worried! One of the first things i will pack will be my yoghurt maker and ive already been on the internet to see if they sell quark in spain - i will feel well out my comfort zone as the last year ive not gone two days without turkey mince, quark, muffins or ff yoghurt and sf jelly!! Will defo be taking my oatbran!

omg you must feel amazing!! i am going to be following your conso diary very closely as this is what i aspire to, you have done so well and i do not think for a second that you will let all your hard work unravel for the sake of a little bit of this or a little bit of that. ohh keep us filled in on how your going.
i can understand how you must be feeling about your holiday, i would take a few esentials, like you said but remember to enjoy yourself too, this is what you have worked so hard for. imagine how you are going to feel in your swimming costume/bikini (whateva you choose to wear) that feeling, its going to be nothing compared to how any food ever makes you feel.
you must be so proud of yourself!
ps, im so jelous you had cheese on toast, i bet it was amazing!

Scooter you seem to be doing really well on conso, it is hard at first to eat the extra foods for fear of putting on weight but once you see that the scales are stable or maybe still going down you will feel more comfortable eating the foods. I found that the slices in the economy wholemeal loaves from Tesco or Sainsbury are thinner and therefore lighter, 2 slices are 60g or they were when I was on conso. Keep up the good work, I'm sure you'll be able to make the right choices on holiday, I went to Florida on conso and took my oatbran to make gallettes

Thankyou for your lovely comments xx ive made a list of essentials im going to take - my yoghurt maker, sf jelly, oatbran, long life skimmed milk!! Hope we can have a fridge when i get there or else yog and jelly will be impossible! Can you get tuna in brine in spain?!! Thats good to know bout the wholemeal cheaper bread as im using hovis at the mo and its only one and a half slices! Im just making it into cheese sandwich and banging it into panini toaster. Omg ive just bought a tankini - last time i showed that much flesh in public would have been my honeymoon 20 years ago!!! You are so right - nothing tastes as good as being slim feels - i still struggle to get my head round the fact i am now 10/12 when this time last year i was wearing 22/24 - dr d has not only given me a healthier life style, a new body and a different outlook on food hes given me so much more confidence - the last year has been alot easier than any other diet ive ever done - there has been moments i could have lapsed but they were only moments and i just filled up with things i was allowed and they soon passed - cruising was a really good name for phase 2 as once you get into it and know what you can and cant have it is simply cruising - i have always made sure i read this forum at least every other day if not every day as the motivation and help it gives is incredible - its like having your own personel slimming club available 24/7

Yeeehaaah to the tankini and flesh baring! Sounds like you've really for your head in the right place (and no, I don't mean 'on your shoulders'). When are you off? Jx

Ha ha flesh baring - gotta be in a foreign country tho where nobody knows me!- gotta get this pastey white skin thats not seen the sun for about 20 years some colour!!

im just back from hols and can honestly say wearing a bikini for the first time in over 20 years on the beach and by the pool was the best feeling in the world :D

im just back from hols and can honestly say wearing a bikini for the first time in over 20 years on the beach and by the pool was the best feeling in the world :D

that must feel amazing you know!! when scooter gets back you can compare holiday swimwear pictures, im well jelous lol xxx

oh there are no pictures of me in the bikini... not that brave lol

i bet u looked fantastic xxx

I'm looking forward to conso should be on my TW by sept, I think with the help of all the lovlies on minimins conso should be easier xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back