conso in a nutshell

sididd

Gold Member
Hi girls I've reread my book and im preparing myself for when in conso.....so have i condensed this right????
Veg daily ( except protein Thursday )
1 1/2 oz cheese
Piece of fruit
2 tbsp oatbran
2 celebration meals per week
2 starchy meals (excluding pots and white rice)?????
This seems so excessive xxx
Thanks in advance minimin girlfriends xxx

Only one starchy and one gala first half o conso!

This is puzzling me because the Dukan books make no mention of there only being 1 celebration meal at first. How do you know when the first phase ends?

It says in my book to divide your conso in half and at the halfway point to add a second gala and second starch. X

Thanks for that Eilidh, mine says two but with reading your diary and the other girls i thought you'd never mentioned 2 gala meals. Xxx

Don't know what version I have Sid but it's definitely 2 after half way! Don't know how I'll fit them in- assume they'll be less "big and special" and more of a little extra- not always treated as such a luxury! I know I'm ticking off the list of what I've missed! X

If i get to tw tomorrow don't know what ill do. Straight into conso or for the first week just do fruit then second week cheese etc????

I actually got out my book yesterday and started to read conso even though its along way off yet. its the 2010 book and it mentions about the startchy foods on P121 and says to divide this phase into two equal parts. the first allowed one portion of starcy foods per week and the both in second.
Then P126 mentions celebration meals and refers to previous workings out for starchy foods as the sme for celebration meals.

It is possible older books say different things maybe.

It looks confusing, but then so did cruise when we started it LOL.

Bought my book New in march and has a 2011 date.....
Dr.Dukan....get your books mirroring the same information.......

krazykik said:
Don't forget 2 slices of wholemeal bread per day!
Mmmmmm bread xxx

Sid go for full conso!! That's the way the doctor intended it!! x

I wonder if originallly then it was split because it was still new research at that time, as we know things change as time goes on because there are no adverse effects. Personally I would be so scared of starting to enjoy those previously forbidden things that i would want to keep it to a minimum to start with LOL. Then have more as time went on.

yes my book was bought this July and is the Life Plan book and mentions 2 meals and also says you can have lamb once a week. Is the starch meal supposed to be part of the celebration meal or as well as?

So what's the general consensus on this? I've the newer book also and had planned to do it that way once I got to conso, but now I'm not sure!

What have other conso stage members done?

OK... I'd strongly advise just the ONE gala meal (but make it a proper meal as he intended, not just a strange assortment of foods!)... and the ONE portion of starch per week.

Older books would offer the two of each (which is how it was when I first got to Conso and we all gained weight, freaked out, and fell into buckets of carbs...). So don't go there!!

I've been on conso since July and not had a gala yet!! I think with conso you need to stay in control and the only way I felt I could do that was by taking it slowly in stages - plus I don't think my stomach would have known what had hit it if I did it all at once after a year on cruise!! I started by just adding veg everyday (apart from pp thurs) and then added a portion of fruit a day - a few weeks later I added in the bread and cheese and about three weeks ago I added in my whole wheat pasta meal - my next addition will be a gala meal but only when I feel ready and able to control my eating the following day!! The girls on here that are on conso and stab have been brilliant and I know I went onto conso about the same time as a few others and we were able to give each other support - xx I think you have to do conso as it fits in best with you and I know I didn't trust myself enough to jump in at the deep end and add everything at once

I really is quite frightening to think of all the new rules we have to learn LOL.

good idea to space it out, think Iwould do that too.

Well each to their own - I really struggled to start with in conso but I did go into it fully from the off which is what the doc recommends. I have one gala meal per week and one starch portion - for me the halfway point will be in 12 months when I will introduce 2 gala and 2 starch...... Other than my general diet glitches conso has been great!!! Scary to start with but great! x

My conso is gonna be a year long too, so will have plenty of time to get used to it all LOL.

Back