Consolidation Dukan Did It...DukanNotSoFattys Conso Story

i know what you mean about the eye drops i couldnt see anything properly for hours!! Wishing you a speedy recovery hunny xxx

Hi all, just a quick pop in, trying not to stay on computer too long LOL.

Eye laser treatment done, weird, very bright light and a cold lense on my eye but that was it. Eye feels a bit weird and have a headache but otherwise all is ok. I did go back to bed for a few hours, but doctor revised saying he just wants me to be careful with rapid movements. yes hubby went with me so he did all the driving. DD had to wait at the bus stop on her own this morning forhte first time, I was more nervous about that until I knew she was safe and then the nerves over the eye kicked in LOL.

right, turning pc off now, see you all tomorrow.

ps apart from one choc digestive biscuit I have been Dukan good today with cruise day. though I could murder half the pack of those blooming biscuits.

Ditch the kak Karin!!! Tell yourself you dont like those crumbly chocolate foods of the devil!!!! I worked for me with bananas!!yukky things!!lol x

Glad it went ok today Karin xx one choccie bikkie won't hurt just make sure you don't have the rest!! ;-) its scary when you have to give your kids independence - I still worry myself silly over mine and they're older!!! Hope you have a speedy recovery - it's great to have you back on the boards xx

I love it when doctors order us to do something so fabulous we'd never normally do it! haaaa! (one digestive? you lightweight! Hope the rest of the packet are sealed up with superglue!)
I remember years ago having a sugar reaction blood test. I had to give blood nil by mouth then was ordered (by a doctor teehee!) to go to a cake shop and buy a couple of cakes, eat them, return two hours later and give blood again. (Why don't they do that test any more? I'm game!!!!)

As for your daughter, even though I've said many times before that you sound like a lovely Mum, I can't help turning my thoughts back to how much more independent WE were when we were kids to the kids of today perhaps I'm just speaking for myself and my friends here, as this subject comes up sporadically?). Is it because we're more aware today of what "could" happen? Or was the world really a safer place 20 years ago (ok 40 years ago!! YIKES!)

Hey sweetie, glad the op went well and thinking of you Cxx

Laughing at Jo's post about doc's advice. A few years ago I was getting terrible night cramps. Mentioned it to my GP who asked a few questions about my diet, decided I wasn't getting enough salt and told me to have a packet of crisps a day! Bliss - crisps on doctor's orders. Not sure that'd be the advice today, given I weigh a stone more than I did then!!

How's the eye Karin? Are you feeling ok? Jx

I love it when doctors order us to do something so fabulous we'd never normally do it! haaaa! (one digestive? you lightweight! Hope the rest of the packet are sealed up with superglue!)
I remember years ago having a sugar reaction blood test. I had to give blood nil by mouth then was ordered (by a doctor teehee!) to go to a cake shop and buy a couple of cakes, eat them, return two hours later and give blood again. (Why don't they do that test any more? I'm game!!!!)

As for your daughter, even though I've said many times before that you sound like a lovely Mum, I can't help turning my thoughts back to how much more independent WE were when we were kids to the kids of today perhaps I'm just speaking for myself and my friends here, as this subject comes up sporadically?). Is it because we're more aware today of what "could" happen? Or was the world really a safer place 20 years ago (ok 40 years ago!! YIKES!)

Haha, nah packet was gone next day LOL, hubby ran off with it. I do think perhaps we were more ignorant 30(40) years ago. we weren't aware as much of the danger. Technology and internet makes us all more aware. It scares me silly wondering what ifs.

Laughing at Jo's post about doc's advice. A few years ago I was getting terrible night cramps. Mentioned it to my GP who asked a few questions about my diet, decided I wasn't getting enough salt and told me to have a packet of crisps a day! Bliss - crisps on doctor's orders. Not sure that'd be the advice today, given I weigh a stone more than I did then!!

How's the eye Karin? Are you feeling ok? Jx

Eye ok, no pain or anything, but floater still annoying and likely to be for many months according to doc, Just gets in way of seeing stuff LOL.

All so so at the moment. Days plod along. I'm making loads for the fairs and house parties I am doing, I'll put pictures up as soon as I can, got a lot though. Need to start making Christmas decorations now and then kids stuff. x

Looking forward to seeing pics of your stuff...
Hang in there Karin. It must be very frustrating to have your sight marred by this floater and I can sense that it's getting you down... (my fringe is a little long - ok very long cos growing it out, but I can't remember why I started, and it's irritating my right eye as I type this to you so I really do sympathise!) <hair flicked out of way>
Glad your hubby took control of that pack of biccies. Evil things they are too as the full button never works in their vicinity.
What are you cooking at the moment for the family, Karin? I love to hear of your varied menus... :)

Glad to hear you're recovering from the op Karin but Jo's right, you do sound a little flat. Anything we can do? Are you getting any fresh air at all? (I sound like my Mum, ha!)

Jx

She had her op yesterday xxx

How did it go Karin? Jx

I wish she'd come back and chat to us

I'll pass the message on x

Back