Constipation after TFR

Guenevere

Getting married July 2011
Lots of poor individuals on TFR incl. me are suffering quite bad with the constipation, and I was wonderinf what happens on Refeed and after, does it go back to normal??

Guen

Hey guen yes it does - I suffered from it too. But I eat a lot of high fibre foods, a lot of whole grains and stuff like that so im better than back to normal:D

For me its worse then when i was on TFR!!!
I cant go on my own iv to take dulcolax inorder to go.. but my doc gave me some fybogel today so fingers crossed that'll sort me out :eek:

I had no problems at all either on LT or refeed. My sister had a lot of trouble though and still has to take the odd dose after 5 weeks of normal eating.

Sorry hun i've got another different answer.... Before I did LT I went about twice a week and had trouble occasionally with constipation etc. On LT I was same, once or twice a week. Once I started refeed I had a few days where my intestines seemed to go into shock and had alot of trouble and needed laxatives and suppositories to go. Now I've been maintaining for a few weeks I'm as regular as clockwork every day! Strange how its corrected an old prob for me. I eat lots of salads and veggies and I have food doctor bagels instead of bread (3.5 WW points, 187kcal and 0.4g sat fat but with over 8g of fibre!!!) I also avoid potatoes where poss and white bread as i'm a bit sensitive.

I am on my 6th week of LT and have to say that I dont go very often.Worries me slightly but I don`t get any discomfort so i am not going to worry to much about it.....or should I?

I wouldn't worry, you're not putting v much in so there isn't much to come out. I got so constipated that I tore myself trying to go, and sometimes I haven't been I actually gain 2 lbs on the scale, then I have to take a Ducolax. I'm drinking 3l of water per day, and taking fibreclear in every shake!

Cathy,
I'm so jealous you can get those Food Doctor fresh foods in England! I am seriously considering driving to Belfast or getting the Ferry to england if I have to to stock my freezer full of them for after LT! I simply adore bagels...my usual lunch before LT was A poppy seed bagel with bacon, lettuce, onion, and mayo. A packet of tayto, bar of chocolate, and a can of coke! I adored it!
Now I would have a ham bagel with lettuce, onion, and extra light mayo or fat free hummus or maybe mustard! N water!
Have you tried freezing the bagels? How do they compare to normal bagels?

Back