Constipation - help! (sorry lol)

OOoo that sounds awful guys!!

I always use movicol , it taste rank but its gentle enough to take everyday. (my gastro says I should!)

But I have had no issues at all..if anything the opposite!! all the veg and wheatbran...wooshie! ... deffo give movicol a whirl (dont say I didnt warn you it tastes rank! - pop some flavouring/ribena plus in it or knock it back shot style)

That's exactly what I did !! Lol

Typical us inpatient lol , fingers crossed 2 should be ok x

Hehe I know! We got our butt kicked for that huh lol

The 2 I took last night did the trick, although not much but I guess we're just not eating enough on this diet for much to come out the other end :eek:. I did have stomach cramps at about 8am this morning but NOTHING like what I had the other day. It was bearable and no nausea or jelly legs
x

Oh I definitely wouldn't suggest taking 4 to start off with. Try 2, then 3 if that doesn't have the desired result and then 4 if you absolutely need to.

4 oh my no wonder you were in agony, 2 should be more than enough :)

You are both right :D I took 2 last night and managed to go this morning... so me thinking 2 wouldn't do the trick was just silly

OOoo that sounds awful guys!!

I always use movicol , it taste rank but its gentle enough to take everyday. (my gastro says I should!)

But I have had no issues at all..if anything the opposite!! all the veg and wheatbran...wooshie! ... deffo give movicol a whirl (dont say I didnt warn you it tastes rank! - pop some flavouring/ribena plus in it or knock it back shot style)

I still haven't bought any of the wheat bran so will definitely have to give it a try as I would rather do that than take laxatives. If it doesn't work for me then I'll have to stick to the dulcolax (senokot doesn't really work on me) or maybe even try the movicol

I've been having low carb bran crispbreads for the first time this week and have managed to go without resorting to laxatives. I didn't buy the bran as I don't really have anything to mix it into and I didn't think it would go down very well in a shake :). There are a few calories and carbs in the crispbreads but I think they're well worth it. These are the ones I bought:

Scandinavian Bran Crispbread | Holland and Barrett

I think I will try these Bordersgirl, I don't like the thought of laxatives so will try these first. Thanks :)

How many do you have a day?

1 or sometimes 2 if I incorporate them into my lunch as a crispbread (I'm not 100% S&S now since I 'stepped up'). Be aware that they're 31 calories, not 12 as it says on the H&B site! Here is another place where they sell them but they charge postage so they may end up more expensive that way:

Scandinavian Crispbreads - Original | Low Carb Megastore

Most of us will not 'go' on this diet as much as we did before (less in, less out), but we still need to go before it causes us problems. People have been known to end up in A&E on this sort of diet as they left it far too long (10 days or more) and then got into trouble as a result as they couldn't go and ended up impacted. TMI I know but it's best to be aware of the importance of going on this diet. I would not leave it more than about 5 or 6 days personally.

Yeah agreed, I've never had to wait that long prob 4 days on a bad week! Defo tmi!! I'm going to h and b just now, I don't ever have milk so I'll swap the calories!

I've bought Psyllium husks and I was planning on taking one a day in the morning. Has anyone else had good experiences with them? I'm reluctant to try any breads or anything as I don't want to derail myself

I tried just about everything (husks, fibrogel, Benefibre etc) with no luck but the crispbreads are doing the trick for me!

I've bought Psyllium husks and I was planning on taking one a day in the morning. Has anyone else had good experiences with them? I'm reluctant to try any breads or anything as I don't want to derail myself
I have been taking the pysllium husk capsules since tues 3 caps 3 times a day as directed but absolutely nothing, read such good things about them too but they havent worked for me :(

With psyllium husks it's important that you drink extra water (yes even more!) as they absorb water to create bulk to move things along. However, they are an ongoing aid - not an emergency measure. If you are in trouble then you will need to take something to get rid of the problem and en psyllium husks can stop the problem happening again. The is also the option of wheat bran, which I add to my oatmeal every morning.

The dulcolax pico perles work for me, well it gives me the runs but still it's helping me go because otherwise I can't :(. I took some Friday night because I hadn't 'been' since Saturday. I like the fact they work for me but the cramps are pretty nasty, even when taking just 2 of them. I was woken by them at 3am last night and didn't get back to sleep until 7am. Also I notice the day after taking them and having gone to the loo my belly rumbles like crazy and I feel really hungry, also my limbs feel weak too. I have noticed these symptoms each time I have taken them (3 times so far)... and it honestly feels as if I have been knocked out of ketosis but I'm not sure if these dulcolax perles could actually do that :confused:... well I hope not anyway!

When I did my last VLCD I used Aloe Vera Colon Cleanse and it worked for me. Only took it once a week but it kept me regular!

OMG!!
I bought some Dulcolax and had 2 last night because I usually need to maximum dose of any tablets .............................I nearly couldn't go to work today and ended up taking some Lopermide which fortunately I had left from a holiday in Turkey a couple of years ago!

Talked to our school nurse at work and she said they are quite strong - hope I don't need more after having the antidote lol

Sorry if this is too much info!

Nooooo! Never take more than the minimum dose of Dulcolax until you ascertain that you absolutely need to as they can be a bit let's say, violent!

And in fact since I introduced the bran crispbread to my daily routine I haven't needed to go anywhere near a laxative. Quite the opposite! In fact, gotta dash .....!!

Nooooo! Never take more than the minimum dose of Dulcolax until you ascertain that you absolutely need to as they can be a bit let's say, violent!

And in fact since I introduced the bran crispbread to my daily routine I haven't needed to go anywhere near a laxative. Quite the opposite! In fact, gotta dash .....!!

Well I know that now! I wanted to get some scan bran the other day from H&B but there was a massive queue and I was in a hurry!

Well they might not work for everyone but those bran crispbreads do the trick for me and believe me I'd tried every fibre supplement known to man with no luck before I tried those. They work so well (been going a couple of times a day since! :eek:) that I'm actually wondering whether I'm intolerant to something in them but if they mean that I can stay off the dulcolax I'm going to keep having them. I'm eating 2 per day at the mo. May reduce that to 1 and see if that settles things down.

Back