constipation like never befor, wow is this normal?

sez666

lose lose lose
Hi, i have been doing cd ss+ for 15 weeks now, and doing very well with no probs what so ever,
now the problem is i am so constipated, i know not great subject but i have never in my life experienced it like this befor,
i was almost brought to tears this afternoon it was that bad.
:eek:
anyadvice would be great!!!
thanks
sarah x

I have been that bad I have been taking sennakot max every night till it gets better you could get something stronger from the chemist or gp up your water that helps to.

Hi, I had to go to the doctors as it had got to so painful to and they prescribed movicol which really does work. It's a powder that you desolve in water and works pretty quickly. It's definately worth the the trip to your GP for it. Hope you feel better soon.

Oh you poor thing - i was blocked up from the first week as prior to CD I was only going 3 times a week so I used a supository (sp?) for the first time and it was great - you dont get all the bad tummy pains you can get with laxatives and it worked in 10 mins!!! the best bit was that after you go then it stops - its not a constant running to the loo for hours type of process. I will be using them again until I get more real food into my system.

All the best.

thanks every one for your advice, i have never experienced constipation like it befor lol
but i will definatly be getting it sorted,
thanks
sarah x

hey there
same as zoe, i went to the doctors as it was so bad and they also prescribed me movicol- it works, in fact its brill. Go and seek some advise xx

I might have to get me some of that too or I will be asking santa for the ability to go for xmas

lol kerryberry, it gets like that though doesn't it.

who would of thought the highlight of my day would be being able to go to the loo lol

Movicol can be bought at the pharmacy as well (although it is about £11 for 30 sachets!!) Bought some last week and it works wonders!

Never underestimate the power of a lovely poo! :D

-skn x

Lol, i would give my right arm for a painless poo right now haha.
i need to get some of this stuff that every once is talking about, i could really really do with it:D:mad::mad::mad::mad::D
sarah x

This was one of the reasons I had to stop CD earlier in the year. It's not nice at all.

I found that sparkling water helps me, so it might be worth a try. This time round I am having a 1.5 litre bottle every day with the water flavouring.

This was one of the reasons I had to stop CD earlier in the year. It's not nice at all.

I found that sparkling water helps me, so it might be worth a try. This time round I am having a 1.5 litre bottle every day with the water flavouring.

Great thanks
i nevr thought of that before.
will give it a try, before i explode lol
thanks
sarah x(i think exploding would probs be less painfull):eek:

hi, its not nice, i was so bad a while back i had senna, movicol, supositories, and dulcoease, lol all at once.
to be honest taking 1 or 2 movicol every few days helps. there is a fibre from cdc but i just didnt get on with it. suppositories certainly move fast, but you need to hold it in for at least 15mins to melt (very difficult lol) i find the choc tetras help to, i try and have 1 a day now and its helping, although this morning was difficult.
some other tips that have helped me are lean back on the toilet with your knees together, or raise your knees by using a little step to but your feet on. then leean back, to each side and forward, back again and this should also help.
i really understand how bad it can get, the worst time for me i was on the loo over an hour in tears and feeling like i was going to pass out. and spent the whole day on and off the loo in pain.
i hope its sorted now, and hope these tips help anyone else in the future xxx

hi, its not nice, i was so bad a while back i had senna, movicol, supositories, and dulcoease, lol all at once.
to be honest taking 1 or 2 movicol every few days helps. there is a fibre from cdc but i just didnt get on with it. suppositories certainly move fast, but you need to hold it in for at least 15mins to melt (very difficult lol) i find the choc tetras help to, i try and have 1 a day now and its helping, although this morning was difficult.
some other tips that have helped me are lean back on the toilet with your knees together, or raise your knees by using a little step to but your feet on. then leean back, to each side and forward, back again and this should also help.
i really understand how bad it can get, the worst time for me i was on the loo over an hour in tears and feeling like i was going to pass out. and spent the whole day on and off the loo in pain.
i hope its sorted now, and hope these tips help anyone else in the future xxx

Thanks hun for the advice,
i went out today and bought some senna so gonna have it at bedtime as it says take at night time,
i was on toilet this afternoon crying like a baby lol, for at least an hour,
it was worse than giving birth and i have done that 4 times haha.
hopefully this senna will work and i will be back to normal .
thanks
sarah x

constipation is terrible, unless you have had it you can not appreciate the pain, I had terrible problems due to my medication, I used to go every day, it got so bad it would be once a week, medical tips include
extra fluids as the bowel needs fluid to soften the stools, abdominal massage - this is exciting the colon! lay on the bed raise the knees a little with the right hand flat on the tummy starting from just below the rib cage knead your tummy in a clockwise motion, as if you were kneading bread, you can press quite firmly, after about 6 or 7 times around you should feel the need to go, the positional things are true aswell if you think about it, before toilets were invented it was natural to squat, obviously you cant squat on a toilet so lifting the feet up on a small footstool or leaning forwards and help as it is positional to help the stools move in the bowel
hope this helps

Last edited:
Back