Constipation solution for you all :)

nessie

Loooooves MiniMins
Hey just wanted to let you all know, if you don't know about it already, that liquid paraffin is great for constipation. It's only Around £1 in the chemists and you don't need to take much and your body doesn't start to rely on it and get lazy, as some things like lactulose do. Really, cheap, really effective, great stuff. When my daughter was really wee she had bad constipation and we tried all sorts but the last thing we tried was the liquid paraffin and we never looked back! Fantastic. Told my CDC about it too so she can let other ppl know. Hadn't thought of it actually till my mum was trying dulcolax etc etc and I told her to try this, she thinks its great.

So there ya go, hope this helps some ppl cos constipation aint no barrel of laughs!! :sick0019: No more making your eyes pop just trying to go lmao!

Nessie - you're damn right it aint no barrel of laughs :eek:

I was 'troubled' in that department, so got some psyllium husk powder (after reading all the good things about it on this site). Put a couple of tsps in my morning and evening shake, and have been as regular as clockwork since. They're proper little miracles!

Hi Nessie, Wish I'd known about this during my 20 wks SS as I was unable to go naturally once the whole time. I ended up having to take Dulcolax and stay in for days! lol

Know how you feel Frejja - Tried Dulcolax once in desperation - just the once, couldn't cope with taking it again! :D

Hmm, yes, dulcolax is a thing of evil but then constipation is grim too. I use the psyllium husk tablets and they do help (20 mins on toilet (ouch) as opposed to an hour and a half (OUCH OUCH OUCH)). Think I was prescribed liquid paraffin many years ago but it made me gag - perhaps that's how it works? You throw everything up so it doesn't have to travel through the other end?!!

Back