constipation?

hi all, ive had two weeks in a row with only "going" once to loo! ive tried fibre powder from cambridge but it seems to take a few days to work. i dont want anything too harsh but wondered if anyone else has this problem? im on ss and on my tenth week but sts today at weigh in!!! if i go to lav i will prob have a great loss next week lol! any suggestions?:mad:

Hi, I had to get a prescription from my doctor for Movicol and it works a treat. I use the fibre 89 now too but I still find every week at some point I get completely bunged up (sorry tmi). I did try using senakot before this all happened but eventually that stopped working too, it's only the movicol that helps me now so I think a repeat presrciption is in order soon lol. Good luck

I'm constipated too and on 1000!! I spent most of 810 constipated. I'm gonna have to go get some senekot double strength. I only use it when I really have to as I don't like relying on something. SS tho you're not having very much so there isn't very much to come out (sorry too much info :) ). But if you're uncomfortable try senekot to get things moving again and then take the fibre stuff from your cdc xxx

Me! The fibre 89 does nothing for me. I've resorted to Dulcolax once a week.

I have used sennakot and Dulcoease in the past for a couple of days at a time to get past particularly difficult times. However I have started to drink peppermint leaf tea and have found that I am now more regular and much easier - it might be worth a try??

def senokot max for me. only need it every now and then but it works!

from day 1 ssing my cdc said i had to get some psyllium husk capsules and have two which each food pack, because they give you a bit of bulk. They are prevention rather than cure and she also said to me if i become constipated i have to come off the diet until it resolves. I go about twice a wk and have never felt constipated once. I sometimes wonder why other people aren't given similar advice?

Constipation

I've just started the CD SS and asked my counsellor about psillium husks as I had used them previous on the Atkins and she said they weren't allowed on the CD. Am confused now....

Can't clear up the confusion about the husks but would like to echo an earlier post...

If you are doing SS, you are not putting anything into your body for it to get rid of, so therefore you will not 'go' to the toilet as you did before...nothing in, nothing out....

When people are complaining of constipation, are you actually in pain or is it that you just don't feel the urge to go ?? There is a difference...

Tracy

I get pain madferret. So when I DO have to go it's like pooing a big chunk of sharp glass (sorry for the TMI) and takes AGES. Admittedly, I don't have to go that often!

thanks all, i know the difference and this is constipation,bloatedness pain e.t.c! but i now been thankfully what a relief!!!! must have lost weight now lol! thanks to all who replied x

How much water are all you constipated ladies drinking, I too get a bit constipated now and again doing SS, but I would say it is not really constipation but more of a lack of wanting to go. I find if I increase my water it helps dramatically. Water is so important and I find when I drink more I lose more. Have a look for Icemooses thread on how important water is and why.....believe me ladies it will have you running for the fridge.....I drank 1 litre whilst actually reaeing the thread. I will try and post the thread information, but I don't think I have enough priveledges yet as still have under 50 posts.
Ok I have just posted a thank you to Icemoose regarding his water post and so now it has brought that thread to the forefront again...if you jump up to cambridge diet forum...scroll down to thread Why drinking water is important with VLCD and get reading....try and read all the posts on the thread because he also answers questions asked by other CDer's...Happy reading.

Last edited:
Ok I have just posted a thank you to Icemoose regarding his water post and so now it has brought that thread to the forefront again...if you jump up to cambridge diet forum...scroll down to thread Why drinking water is important with VLCD and get reading....try and read all the posts on the thread because he also answers questions asked by other CDer's...Happy reading.
Hey Nicki, I can't seem to find the post, is it under the general CD info?

I wonder if some packs make you more constipated than others. I never was on SS at all, the opposite in fact, but on SS+ sometimes feel it a bit.
I only have choc tetras and drink loads, something comes out pretty much every time after having my shake!

Hi enlightenmetoo,
To find the thread you need to come out of 100%cd and go up to the sub forum cambridge diet forum and you will need to go to page 2 as others have posted different threads so it has moved down to page 2 again, it is not highlighted boldly..but it does have a 5 star rating..as one of the most read threads....hope you find it...it makes for great reading, as soon as I get more priveledges I will try and post a link.

hey !!!! this is probably my most researched topic about cd because last time i did it i suffered terribly!! and its wasn't a case of not going because there wasn't anything inside me, it was a case of almost passing out pushing on the loo what can only be described as a scaffold pole!! horrific, and i drunk much much more than reccommended and had the fibre 89!!!

this time i have bought some Smooth Move tea!! its a natural lax tea!!! its important to get rid of any food before cd kicks in ! you can take it up to 5 nights in a row (you wont need too)! i plan on doing it 2x a week just to make sure things are moving!

been three times already to day!!!

Last edited:
I agree with Nicki-M. When I first started CD I had a really bad problem with constipation. I would go through a pot of fibre89 a week and I was still the same. From week 5/6 I increased my water from 3litres to over 5litres a day and there has been such a difference. Also I now take at least one dulcoease a day and it helps me no end because now when I go its no longer painful :D

Back