Extra Easy Constipation :(

suki-meg

Wonder if anyone has any advice on constipation - usually regular first thing in the morning but for the past couple of days am having trouble passing and feel bunged up. I have been upping my water intake over the passed week too - dont really want to go down the route of taking a laxative because i do not know if they really work. Any advice will be gratefully received lol :eek:

hi i use a tea from holland and barretts a tea bag a night gets things working for me its called laxatee contains senna and fennel £1.69

I gave my friend the recipe for no syn curry sauce she tells me it would move mountians. Hope it works
Curry sauce

1 tin tomatoes
1 tin mushy peas
1 tin baked beans
curry powder (1 dsp)
1 tsp vinegar
Tabasco to taste
Put ingredients (except Tabasco) in saucepan and heat
Whizz add Tabasco as required

Have you tried the speed soup this helps me, also might be worth trying peppermint tea as this can help.

I've heard strong black coffee can help. But not instant, it has to be filter or caffatier type. And someone said a bowl of All-Bran before bedtime can help you pass in the morning. And make sure you're getting plenty of fruit in. I'm so regular, and always have been, and I put it down to the huge amounts of fruit I eat :p

I've recently had this probelm too. I've started exercising more and am sure this is what helped.

Thank you ladies for all your suggestions - will try a nice cup of coffee to see if that might start things off lol, sorry to put you off your dinner hahahahahahaha x

Make sure you go for soluable fibre as well as insoluable fibre, too much insoluable fibre (allbran etc) will bung you up completly.. here is a list of soluable fibre rich foods:
Foods High in Soluble Fiber

Apple
Cooked Kidney Beans
Cooked Lentils
Raw Oat Bran
Banana
Legumes
Peas
Soybeans
Broccoli
Carrots
Oranges
Medium Pear (with the skin)
Strawberries
Oatmeal
Oats
Barley
Citrus Fruits
Chick Peas
Soy Beans
Lima Beans
Dried Peas
Apricots
Dates
Prunes
Raisins
Flax Seed
Beets
Cranberries
Red Currants
Gooseberries
Grapefruit
Concord grapes
Peaches
Pears
Sour plums
Prunes
Quinces
Rye
Sesame seeds

nothing moves me !! really fed up with constipation.................I drank 2 2ltr cartons of fresh orange juice last weekend - should have synned it but didn't because I just NEEDED to go - NOTHING ................

have had lactulose yesterday and today - and 4 over the two days fibrogel sachets - sorry if this is too much information.

It will be everyman for themselves when I finally gooooooooooooooooooooo

Hey all thanks for the info. I do green and at the beginning about 7 months ago it was GREAT!! Gillian mckeith wouldve been proud! But for about the last two months I'm bunged up! There's another thread on here advising hot water and lemon first thing in the morning. Its supposed to 'cleanse' and as such help. A more extreme alternative was a pint of salt water on an empty stomach. I can't remember if it's two teaspoons or tablespoons but the very thought of it turns me!! I believe that it also takes you over your salt allowance for the day so I won't be trying it! A friend has and she says it did work for her. The hot water in lemon sorta worked for me so I'll stick with that plus trying to increase my water intake. I might also have a look in holland and barretts for that tea!

Scan bran and plenty of fluid does the job for me!

SCAN BRAN!!

Heya, i'm new but i've been on SW for a while, i have to say: SCAN BRAN really helps me on EE, i make two scan bran chocolate cake a week to help me get a choc fix and to keep me regular, it really helps, before i went on this diet i was used to going every other day, now its mostly every day :) The recipe i use is:

Low-Syn chocolate cake

Syns for the whole cake:
9 yummy Syns or 6½ Syns + 1 Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice

You will need:
5 Scan Bran
3 beaten eggs
1 level tbsp golden syrup
1oz cocoa powder
½ mug sweetener

Method:
Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften. Then drain and mash.
Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a microwavable bowl.
Microwave on high for 7 minutes. When cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.

OMG its sooooo nice :) i usually actually substitute the golden syrup for what i have ie: honey or maple syrup, just adjust the syns accordingly :):) seriously, you can basically have a cake a day i tend to make 2 a week and have a quarter a day :):)

Hope this helps :) xx

Bran flakes do it for me. To the point where I've made the decision to stop eating them!

Eggs can bung you - I am regular as clock work unless I have alot of eggs.

Thank you so much Suki-Meg for this post, i thought I was the only one who can't go.

Doctors told me to use Fibre Force tablets as I have IBS and I should go at least once a day.......haven't been in 4 days now :(((( Having to take laxatives tonight as I really need to clear out. Will be trying the water with lemon in the morn too xx

a good curry does it for me.. or used to. I haven't had one since starting SW but if the need arrises ( more than 2 days ) then I will take the hit and go and buy one... it's got to be better than the weight you'd gain from being "full"..

prune juice(although rank) does work very well and porridge too..u could try some sachets i used to take fibogel..hope u find something that works ;)

I've been constipated again this week so last night I took 1 laxative as I just wanted a gentle helping hand, if you know what I mean. It gave me terrible tummy ache but it worked. I too have eaten a lot of eggs this week, but also eaten loads of soup and veg?

Back