Extra Easy Constipation :(

JoC said:
Have you tried the speed soup this helps me, also might be worth trying peppermint tea as this can help.

I drink peppermint tea everyday instead of tea/coffee (apart from my morning coffee) and I go everyday, sometimes twice a day! Works extra well with a hi-fi bar a day as well!

Heya, i'm new but i've been on SW for a while, i have to say: SCAN BRAN really helps me on EE, i make two scan bran chocolate cake a week to help me get a choc fix and to keep me regular, it really helps, before i went on this diet i was used to going every other day, now its mostly every day :) The recipe i use is:

Low-Syn chocolate cake

Syns for the whole cake:
9 yummy Syns or 6½ Syns + 1 Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice

You will need:
5 Scan Bran
3 beaten eggs
1 level tbsp golden syrup
1oz cocoa powder
½ mug sweetener

Method:
Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften. Then drain and mash.
Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a microwavable bowl.
Microwave on high for 7 minutes. When cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.

OMG its sooooo nice :) i usually actually substitute the golden syrup for what i have ie: honey or maple syrup, just adjust the syns accordingly :):) seriously, you can basically have a cake a day i tend to make 2 a week and have a quarter a day :):)

Hope this helps :) xx

I followed this tip and it has sorted me out completely! I'm
eating half a choc scambran cake a day as a HXB plus 1 weetabix and it's worked a treat.

Regarding the choc cake above, how can it be 9 syns or 6.5 plus a HEXB? A HEXB would be 6 leaving 3 syns? I wanna make it but confused, it doesn't take much........

could you substitute an / a couple of options for the cocoa powder and sweetner?..... mmmm mint chocolate scan bran cake... :)

cocoa power 28g ( 1oz ) if 4.5 syns
1 level tbsp of golden syrup is 2 syns
5 scan bran is 5 syns

so total for the cake is actually 11.5, or 6.5 and 1 x HeB..

damnit.. I was too good for my own good it seems...
I was trying to make some of this and I went out earlier and specifically got some scan bran and options sachets.. I didn't buy any golden syrup because I had a squeezy bottle of it and one of maple syrup at home..... or so I thought.. :)
seems I threw them both out when I started SW.. so I had to go for a walk down to the local shop to buy a bottle... :roll:

Its always the way isn't it, let us all know how your scan bran cake turns out, i have never tried one with options.

yup.. 11.5 if you use 28g cocoa powder, or 11 if you use options ( well the mint ones anyway, some are more syns, some are less )

Back