Constipation

ClaireCat

On a mission for boobs!
Well, since starting a vlcd in January I've never had this problem.

However, tonight, I dont even really want to discuss it. Been in the loo for half an hour and I wont even begin to discuss what just happened.

I have no laxatives or anything in the house. Does anyone know if theres anything else I can take to try and help until I get to the chemist tomorrow? :(

Has to be one of the worst moments in the history of me! lol!

Epsom salts? Andrews? Strong black coffee?

You near a 24hr Asda or similar?

I took some bicarb of soda. Not that I know it'll help, just that I'm fairly certain thats a cure for everything! lol!

Stomach is making some bizarre noises now, so maybe it did something! Theres a 24hr tesco 10mins down the road, but, well, I'm too lazy to go! I'll just suffer til tomorrow.

Serves me right.

On a TMI note tho, the poo I went for earlier made me 2lbs lighter! lol! So maybe it was worth the half hour it took to get it out! pmsl!!!

Don't let yourself get in a bad way again. I take Dulcolax pico perles twice a week now to keep regular as nothing else I've tried seems to help. When I did LT years ago I got in a similar bad way to you by the sound of things. God it was agony. Was a bit more clued up this time round!

I tried 4 different shops for those pico perles today BG, not one place stocked them, not even Boots. Ended up with Senna, which I took earlier today and nothing. Zilch. Nada. I'm not impressed. :(

I think Tesco sell them although I got mine online from One Click Pharmacy tho.

I have a pot of fibre (leftover from when I tried the Tony Ferguson diet at Boots). I add 2 teaspoons to my breakfast shake and it works a treat. xx

BordersGirl said:
I think Tesco sell them although I got mine online from One Click Pharmacy tho.

They didn't do a thing for me or my dad :-( glad you have found something that works for you x

Poepsie said:
I have a pot of fibre (leftover from when I tried the Tony Ferguson diet at Boots). I add 2 teaspoons to my breakfast shake and it works a treat. xx

I use benifibre 2 teaspoons in a bottle of water, twice a day. This is the only thing I've found to help me :)

I got dulcolax from tesco and it definately works well. I would suffer with that normally and pre diet would have taken movical everyday. So not nice to be bunged up. If i was you id nip to tesco as it could take over night to work. Hope it gets better soon xx

I prefer to avoid taking laxitives regularly. It sounds like you need one right now though! I take psyllium husks every day and they are fantastic. I go really regularly now without the need for laxitives - just with the extra fibre in my diet. I have had problems roughout the diet so these have been a godsend for me. They won't help with the immediate problem - but would stop it coming back! One word of warning though - if you have psyllium husks you must drink extra water as it absorbs water - so if you have trouble getting your water down it isn't the solution for you!

Fraid psyllium husks did nothing for me weasey. Tried everything but only laxatives helped at all unfortunately. If anything helped other than that I would have taken them in preference to laxatives. I'm not overly concerned tho as I know that things will return to normal as soon as I go back to 'normal' eating as they did last time I finished a VLCD.

Last edited:
I'm sure everything will return to normal BG. It makes sense to try the fibre supplements as if they do help it is preferable. But if they don't then laxitives are definitely the way to go - better than the alternative!

Thanks ladies. I went to bed last night with a hot water bottle. I'll go buy laxatives on my lunch break today, but I have the fear, so I'll wait til I get home tonight to take one.

Hopefully when I do go I'll drop a dress size lol!

if you are taking pico perles then take 4 , any less doesnt work for me

however now I dont have the problem as i put bran in my porridge every day , however this may push your carbs up so im not recommending it as such

Like all bran or is this something else? Was going to see if I can get some fibre at Holland and Barrett.

Back