Constipation

I had a small result this morning, now started adding Benefibre to my shake/meal to help keep things constant.

I think the key with it , is little and often , so even when you are regular you dont get complacent and stop doing it every day , good luck

Just so im clear, you're talking about actual cereal here, like Kellogg's? Just going to Tesco for laxitives when I leave tonight and want to pick up some fibre when I'm there if I can!x

The thing I'm talking about comes in a jar and has very small amount of carbs, but 3g fibre per spoonful.

Compare supermarket prices | Online supermarket shopping | Save and compare on Health and Beauty products

This is the one I use, it's a spoon per day

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FibreSure-Fibre-Food-Supplement-150g/dp/B0015UBKP8

If near a Holland and Barrets, check out the psyllium husk capsules, but you NEED to drink extra water

The cereal bran is this one http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/shopping/findproducts.aspx?query=wheat bran

But you should be able to find it in store.

Last edited:
I worry about 'how much I go' but then I think with the amount of calories I'm consuming I'm not gonna be going like I was before.

Laurie said:
I worry about 'how much I go' but then I think with the amount of calories I'm consuming I'm not gonna be going like I was before.

Not going every day is fine with me - as long as it isn't difficult to go.

If you mean me , Im not talking about a bran cereal
Im talking about pure bran
wheat bran or oat bran , you can sprinkle it into your meals
Dont bother getting a bran based cereal it wont be enough to make a difference , unless you are eating a whole bowlful which clearly you wont
I put 2 to 3 spoonfuls of pure bran into a meal each day , it goes well in the porridge or the chilli

Ok, I bought Dulcoease so hopefully it'll get better. Also bought Benefiber so fingers crossed I wont end up in this state again.

Feel like a house :(

Ok, I bought Dulcoease so hopefully it'll get better. Also bought Benefiber so fingers crossed I wont end up in this state again.

Feel like a house :(

Dulcoease may work for you but its certainly not a quick fix, they can take a couple of days.

I agree with Pheonix, Dulcolax Pico Perles, any large Tesco Pharmacy has them on the shelf or over the counter.

Small bottle, tiny gel capsules and yes the dose of 4 works perfectly if you have had a few days being bunged up, take 4 and they should work in around 6 hours.

Hope you get sorted soon

Sal

If it ever gets that bad again try a glycerin suppository but be warned they work very quickly so make sure you're near the loo!

Back