Consultants - the good and the bad!

jaylou

Gold Member
There have been a fair few posts recently about how bad people's consultants are. I think this is a real shame and the first thing people want to do is hop groups.

So, I thought I'd start this thread for people to post the good and bad about their consultants so we can get things of our chests so to speak and offer advice for those with not so good consultants.

See, I think some of them are not so bad, we forget they are only human sometimes and expect a lot from them. I know we pay our money each week but I've heard people at my group moaning that their text wasn't answered instantly etc, that to me is ridiculous - a lot of C's have othe jobs and can't respond immediately yet they think she is not supportive because she didn't reply for a couple of hours.

What say you guys? What's your good and bad comments?

Good idea, but I actually think my Consultant checks out this forum!

However, I don't think I'd say anything on here that I wouldn't say to her face, so ......

My current Consultant hardly EVER has any Scan Bran or Oat Bran, doesn't seem to have many Hi-Fi bars either! Books we ask about at group, will get ordered up for us but I waited 5 weeks to get my copy of the Extra Easy cookbook recently AFTER I'd paid her up-front for it! I know for a fact that other Consultants in my area had been receiving their orders from Head Office during this time period! The magazines are another item she hardly gets any of, at any one week's group!

I could go on and on really about these points but I must say't that I usually reckon there will be reasons behind all of the negative bits .......... maybe she has a few money problems and can't afford to buy in the stock etc?

She obviously has some good points, or I wouldn't still be going to the same group ........ em ..... er ..... hhmmm...... well, why AM I still going to this group? - Oh yeah, I'm trying to lose weight, and the group I go to is just a short walk away from home, and I know food optimising works, and the night and time suits me, and I know a lot of people at the group and I look forward to sharing with them all - lol

I think I've been spoiled by all the other Consultants in this area, who seem so different than my current one though really, to be honest - just the time and place that's really suiting me best at the mo!

Last edited:
I have to say that my consultant always seems to have a full stock of hifi bars and books. When I emailed her yesterday afternoon about my slimmer of the week sticker she emailed me as soon as she could, I think she must have just got home (she has a class in the morning and two in the evening on a Wednesday) and she is always willing to answer any queries anyone may have, and help with any problems.

She also encourages group discussions during image therapy in case one of us has experience of the problem and can offer a more practical solution.

Liz

to be honest i think my consultant is great.
i have been to a fair few meetings and some where ok and some really didnt have a clue what they were doing.
i always leave my meeting on a thursday night on a high and ready to face the week, she always has a great stock of stuff to buy

mine is good, very busy but been doing it a while and you can tell it means alot to her she is very enthusiastic.

I LOVE my consultant, i think she is fab! Her meetings are always interesting and funny, she understands that life gets in the way sometimes. I've recently had some family issues and she has been texting and e-mailing me to see how things are. If you text her she'll get back in touch as soon as she can. I even moved groups to follow her as she was covering my original group temporarily!
So no complaints with me consultant at all, anyone in the Warwickshire area who's looking for a fab group PM me and i'll let you know where she covers. x

I only joined recently and have only been to two meetings, but my consultant so far seems fab!

There are always plenty of magazines, HiFi bars, those Ryvita-things and other stuff if you want it; She seems very well organised in that even though everyone arrives together the queue goes down pretty quick; She lays on tea and coffee, and a raffle too; I placed an order for a few books last Tuesday and she told me I should have them to pick up off her next time (pay when received too!); She is very upbeat about people who have lost weight, and for everyone so far who hasn't she looks into their diaries and inevitably finds where someone has not been following the plan!!; Finally, she herself has lost TEN STONE so knows what she's talking about and how we all feel.

Ours is lovely, ok so sometimes she may be out of stock on something but thats life. Shes very positive and full of energy and it rubs of on you so even when ive gone in and gained i still feel good when i leave. It helps that its a very easy group to get on with, its not cliquey at all and everyones always happy to help, or just listen if you need it.

Mine is always fab, full stock of everything, books come straight away and the image therapy always lasts about two good hours in which everyone gets attention. Shes dedicated and although only runs two groups, she even cmae in the day after her mother died, she didnt have much support from her area manager who could have found someone to cover, but instead of letting us down, she came in and still delivered the same amount of enthusiasm and help she does every week, she sfunny and motivating and she always does her best.

x

My first consultent wasnt so, also she was on the big side ( not that i have room to talk)
But you would expect a consultent to be the living proof that SW works??? no?? Maybe just me.
I left because she did hold long anough classes - 45 - 50min including WI and didnt seam all that motivated to motivate us.
She never gave meal ideas - and i never got a certificate for my half stone just a sticker!!!!

My consultent now is FAAAB!!!
Always has all the books/mags, HiFi bars and Scanbran, i couldnt fault her :D x

Blimey - classes should be 45 mins WI and 45 mins Image Therapy, you really weren't getting your money's worth with that one!

I can't fault mine other than sometimes she misses out on obvious things people are doing wrong but tbh I think this is done on purpose so as not to dwell on their misgivings, she often chats to them outside of IT. She's very good at moving IT along once someone starts rambling on!

i am finding this thread very useful. have been doing it by myslef (with your support of course) but am thinking about joining a group-now i know what to look out for and avoid!! thanks all

Ooh good! I couldn't do it without a group mommyb so I always take my hat off to anyone who does it alone. Good luck if you find a group.

My consultant lives and breaths sw, and is really really keen. She really gets the group involved and is a bit wacky and fun. We always get books, mags, bars etc at the meetings, and it's really well organised. She is always prompt at returning emails and texts.

The only downside to her is that she tends to take it personally when we don't stay for the meeting. Last week, the meeting began at 7 and I didn't get home until 8:45 and hadn't eaten dinner so was famished. I like the meetings and usually stay every other meeting as I do learn quite a bit, but I just don't have nearly 2 hours to spend every week with my commute and school.

x

My consultant is great, always encouraging and enthusaiatic. Also made me feel totally welcome too when i joined a few months back. couldnt ask for more :)

When I joined my class my consultant didnt sit me down like everyone else so to this day she's never explained any part of SW to me. She is however very friendly with the class, often has helpful tips etc & always has books & hi-fi bars stocked up.

A little while into SW I hadn't been doing well then had a loss of 3lb, I couldn't stay for the class but later that night she text saying well done on my loss & I was really chuffed she'd taken time out to text me when she didn't have to.

When I joined my class my consultant didnt sit me down like everyone else so to this day she's never explained any part of SW to me. She is however very friendly with the class, often has helpful tips etc & always has books & hi-fi bars stocked up.

A little while into SW I hadn't been doing well then had a loss of 3lb, I couldn't stay for the class but later that night she text saying well done on my loss & I was really chuffed she'd taken time out to text me when she didn't have to.

Bit odd, did you just have to figure it out yourself then?

Glad she is good in everything else though.

I had a FANTASTIC consultant when I last did SW - we sadly lost her to cancer - she saw many of us to target and we all kept coming back :):)
the lady that took over the group was not as organised and was very very over weight - it was like anyone that had been with the original consultant was just too much trouble for her

many of us left
for me just after this I gave up smoking and went on anti depressants - and so started to put weight on
this time I am doing it alone as the only class I can get to is till run by the second consultant - and she just isnt at all inspiring - the class can run itself better than she can

its such a shame as its harder to do with alone BUT with the help of people on here I WILL do it :)
I will also join another class if one opens at a time I can make with an alternative consultant

Bit odd, did you just have to figure it out yourself then?

Glad she is good in everything else though.

A friend of mine was re-joining & I think my consultant must have assumed that my friend had explained it all to me....which wasn't the case but as I hadn't been before I didn't know she should have gone through it all with me. Thankfully I picked it all up quickly & she has helpfully answered any questions I've had :)

Back