Convenience Lasagne using chicken, quorn, minced pork or minced beef cals see below

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
Serves 6

If using the quorn mince - calories 415 per serving
If using 500g minced chicken - calories 484 calories per serving
If using 500g minced pork - calories 504 calories per serving
If using 500g extra lean mince beef - calories 477 per serving

Low fat spray
1 packet of quorn mince or 500g meat of your choice from above list.
150g lasagne sheets (8)
2 400g tins of ratatouille
1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 onion chopped
200g mushrooms sliced (roast in oven first to give a deeper flavour, but not necessary)
200g extra light soft cheese eg Philadelphia
1 heaped tsp mustard powder
3 tsp corn flour
500ml skimmed milk
200g Rosemary Conley cheese grated
1 tsp vegetable stock powder
salt and pepper to taste

Spray a pan with low fat spray and heat.
Add the onions, mushrooms and fry for 2 - 3 mins until beginning to soften.
If using meat add to pan and fry stirring until lightly browned all over.
Add the cans of ratatouille and tomatoes.
If you are using the quorn, empty the bag into the ratatouille and tomatoes, stir to mix thoroughly.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and add the stock powder. (the stock powder will be salty so adjust your salt accordingly)
Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 mins.

Remove from the heat and cover the bottom of a large oven proof dish with some of the mixture.
place 4 sheets of the lasagne on the top.
Add another layer of the meat/quorn mix, followed by the remaining 4 sheets of lasagne.

Heat the oven to Gas 4/170C/340F

Using the same pan as the meat was cooked in, pour in a little of the milk, and heat. Add the cornflour, mustard powder, salt and pepper, and using a balloon whisk, whisk until the flour and mustard powder are mixed into the milk with no lumps.
Stir continuously until it begins to thicken.
Gradually add the rest of the milk. When the milk is hot and begun the thicken again, stir in the soft cheese, stirring all the time until well blended in.
Season with salt and pepper.
When the sauce is the consistency of a custard, pour over the lasagne sheets.
Place in the oven and bake for 45 mins. (if the top begins to brown too quickly, cover with a piece of tin foil)
Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle over the grated cheese.
Return to the oven for 10 mins or until the cheese has melted and is beginning to brown.
Remove the dish from the oven, allow to stand for 10 -15 mins to allow the lasagne to firm up, and serve.

thankyou

yumm made this today, but cut it right down to serve 1 and it was very nice indeed, i never used the ratatouille and only very little tomatoes(as im not keen) and i can say i will be def doing this again.

i used chicken mince

thankyou

Awe I am realy pleased you liked it. You have a shed load of chicken mince and I have the mushrooms, I will see if I can come up with something to combine the two, we could get together for a meal then lol.

thankyou charlotte will have ago at this so much u can do with mince isnt there

Back