Cookbook Addicts!

oh i got a new one to me just for me! looking forward to tucking in to some them looks good and i have 2 more on way think i may just be a cookbook addict too!
made spag bog tonight was yum 2nd time in a week hense nee more cookbooks lol the cheesy turkey meatloaf sounds mmmmm!

Hiya! I've just got the Just For Me book too as I thought I could whip up some lunches from it - other half is a sandwich fan and I'm trying to cut down on the bread as it makes the weight come off slower on me! I haven't made anything from it yet but am sure I will after the next supermarket shop!

C
Xxx

Hiya! I've just got the Just For Me book too as I thought I could whip up some lunches from it - other half is a sandwich fan and I'm trying to cut down on the bread as it makes the weight come off slower on me! I haven't made anything from it yet but am sure I will after the next supermarket shop!

C
Xxx

hiya yes i like the lunches too more so than the dinners i am making the chilli tuna filling for the baked potato tonight with 0 point soup yum cant wait ned to find a sandwich for lunch though got a freind and her wee one coming for lunch today and have told her i have signed up yet! x

The crispy garlic chicken looks good - I am thinking of making the Caribbean Chicken Casserole tonight from f&f (4pts) - will make my own seasoning though - not sure what other veggies I will have with it yet. Any caribbean low point suggestions? :)

i made the chilli tuna filling for baked pot was yummy! x

How about sweet potato? What's in the casserole? I'd go and look it up but I'm on the bus! LOL

Thanks - sweet potato is in the recipe but I changed it for carrot & added some fresh chili, then made sweet potato & lime wedges on the side (also some rice for OH) - Result - OH claims it is the nicest meal I have ever made!!! (he had just been to the pub but I'm happy ;) )

I am thinking of adding some pineapple next time & maybe having some cabbagey type veg on the side as well.

Tonight I am making paella with prawns & spicy sausage. (Am adapting a WW recipe for what I have in the fridge - shopping day tomorrow - with maybe a sneeky trip to WHSmith :giggle:)

yum all sounds good i am having 0 point soup and ww chicken curry x

The jambalaya was good! I also managed to make the quick chilli beans from Just for Me for tomorrow's lunch AND dye my hair! Rewarding self with Ugly Betty.

C
Xxx

For those looking for jam recipes etc, I know this is not the same but I found a chilli jam recipe and a chutney recipe in an old WW magazine if you're interested.

I know I've not been on here much lately - loads going on at work and with my studies but we've cooked some nice things from the WW books. The one I enjoyed most Winter Pork Ragu (from Menu Plan Eat Enjoy) which is like a spicy curry casserole - very nice.

I also liked Bacon & Sweetcorn Chowder which I found in the Your Week mag.

Hope you've all been cooking loads!

C
Xxx

the bacon and sweetcorn chowder was lovely! i made that a few times now think will make it again at weekend Making the old faithful 0point soup today hehe along with tuna pasta yum cant wait! x

I haven't been around a lot either - am v busy at the mo, but I try to always make time to cook dinner fresh. Tonight was hungarian goulash - yummy especially with smoked paprika.

VWBeetleGirl - I would love the recipe for chilli jam & chutney - I am growing chillis & have more than I know what to do with - they are featuring in just about everything I have been cooking! :D

scottishjewel - I cooked a tuna pasta the other day & the recipe included adding lemon juice into the pasta cooking water & it was yummy. :)

Back