cooked weight of new pots as hexb on red day

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Healthy Extras' started by graciebabes, 6 June 2011 Social URL.

1. graciebabes

graciebabes will hit target this time

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    so i'm cooking enough new potatoes for both mine and my mum's tea, but didn't weigh out before i put them in the pan as i couldn't be arsed to use 2 pans.. i plan to par boil them, then roast them in the oven with frylight..

i know the raw weight is 198g with skins on, but does anyone know the cooked weight? i know it specified the cooked and raw weights for pasta as a hexb on a red day, but not for potatoes..

HELP!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kirstabubble

kirstabubble Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(9.44%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    If you have any potatoes left over and see how many raw ones you get for 198g? And then just eat that amount cooked. Not entirely accurate but better than nothing :)

x

4. graciebabes

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Eaten all up now but that's what I tried to do :) tried to underestimate rather than over! Xxx

5. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Roasting them will alter the weight too, as the longer you roast them the more they will dry, so the weight changes.

The best thing to do (I was told this years ago!) was to put a line or cross on "your" potatoes before cooking - easy to identify and no guessing.

The other thing I do is weigh out 3 x 198g (there's 3 in my family) and then divide equally once cooked. I find that it's a big enough portion for everyone, not just me.

6. graciebabes

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks jaylou some really helpful tips :) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.